Premier League 2017-2018

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

I thought he’d stay until the summer but Klopp couldn’t hold onto him any longer. Cash in and move on. 

Klopp obviously thought Lalanna being back would compensate for Coutinho and the cash would allow him to buy VVD.

Time will tell but Ings, Solanke and Klavan on bench must be a worry for you.

4 minutes ago, RiG said:

Can't wait for Mourinho to turn Sanchez into a left wing back or something.

He'll play him on the left wing. Because why would you play an in form Martial there, or Rashford, when you can hand a 29yo a four year contract instead. 

29 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Basically a trophy for Liverpool. You’d take it.

Not quite a trophy HM ... 

9EACA5E3-8679-4377-A5C8-4BF422A00A9F.jpeg

But would represent further progress and would take 4th place right now.

And getting past Porto in the Champions League and a run in the FA Cup :) 

21 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Not quite a trophy HM ... 

9EACA5E3-8679-4377-A5C8-4BF422A00A9F.jpeg

But would represent further progress and would take 4th place right now.

And getting past Porto in the Champions League and a run in the FA Cup :) 

I was meaning Liverpool as they are now, not 10+ years ago. Like Arsenal, they’d take 4th every year, it’s a trophy for them now.

53 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I was meaning Liverpool as they are now, not 10+ years ago. Like Arsenal, they’d take 4th every year, it’s a trophy for them now.

I think you are over estimating how well Liverpool have done in recent years. 

7th in Rafa’s last season followed by near administration and 6th, 8th, 7th, 2nd, 7th, 8th and 4th last season without having to balance European football. 

4th again this year, behind 3 clubs with far bigger budgets would be real progress. Klopp and no one at the club will settle for just that though. 

10 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

7th in Rafa’s last season followed by near administration and 6th, 8th, 7th, 2nd, 7th, 8th and 4th last season without having to balance European football. 

4th again this year, behind 3 clubs with far bigger budgets would be real progress. Klopp and no one at the club will settle for just that though. 

That’s precisely my point, I’m well aware they’ve been pretty rubbish. That’s why they now, like Arsenal, would take finishing 4th and getting Champions League football like it’s a trophy.

9 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

That’s precisely my point, I’m well aware they’ve been pretty rubbish. That’s why they now, like Arsenal, would take finishing 4th and getting Champions League football like it’s a trophy.

It’s not a trophy it’s a path into the Champions League and progress. 

13 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
26 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Underestimating how shite they are would be a better use of words IMO

Some of it probably was Bairnardo but, as I’m sure you’ll know following Falkirk, that’s football :) 

Archived