Premier League 2017-2018

On the subject of Pogba, i thought he was terrific before that stupid red card. His passing and driving forward at pace with the ball was the reason Man utd looked so dangerous on the counter. His atleticism is truly wonderful, its just a shame he does these daft things

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

Liverpool are sensational at times. Just buy a keeper and a central defence. MOTD excellent tonight apart from Ian wrong

A 'keeper is a certainty for me (ignoring what you see on the pitch, Mignolet statistically just isn't very good, down with the likes of Schmeichel, Pickford and Hart). They also need a centre half who can defend big areas of space, and a number 6, which is probably the most important role in Klopp's team. 

Just watched the full game there and some of the attacking was outstanding. I'll take Firmino at 9 for his work-rate, movement and touch over a more natural goalscorer, purely as it opens up space for the others to score goals. Klopp, who doesn't have a plan B, going with a mental selection of one centre half in Lovren, flanked by Wijnaldum and Can. Worked well against another one of the low block sides. Really encouraging that it's another game where he's rotated players in and out of the team (Gomez, Moreno,  Mane all now fresh for midweek).

For P&Bers, Robertson did okay but you can see a huge difference between him and Moreno though, and not in a good way. His touch and speed of thought  just isn't on the same level, and defensively he needs a lot more help as his recovery runs aren't as aggressive (maybe even why a back three was used?).

A 'keeper is a certainty for me (ignoring what you see on the pitch, Mignolet statistically just isn't very good, down with the likes of Schmeichel, Pickford and Hart). They also need a centre half who can defend big areas of space, and a number 6, which is probably the most important role in Klopp's team. 
Just watched the full game there and some of the attacking was outstanding. I'll take Firmino at 9 for his work-rate, movement and touch over a more natural goalscorer, purely as it opens up space for the others to score goals. Klopp, who doesn't have a plan B, going with a mental selection of one centre half in Lovren, flanked by Wijnaldum and Can. Worked well against another one of the low block sides. Really encouraging that it's another game where he's rotated players in and out of the team (Gomez, Moreno,  Mane all now fresh for midweek).
For P&Bers, Robertson did okay but you can see a huge difference between him and Moreno though, and not in a good way. His touch and speed of thought  just isn't on the same level, and defensively he needs a lot more help as his recovery runs aren't as aggressive (maybe even why a back three was used?).

Everyone has seen plenty of Robertson and Moreno.

Moreno has had a good season and would edge it for me just now but a fully fit Robertson playing regularly is better than what Moreno has shown previously for me.

Cracking day out in Brighton yesterday. Was down early so a wee stroll down to the pier. We had a few beers down by the seafront before the train out to Falmer and watched Liverpool splatter the hosts with some fine attacking football. And all minus Mane. 

16 points out of 18 in the league since the thrashing at Spurs and back up into 4th after 15 games :) 

IMG_1276.PNG

IMG_1277.PNG

IMG_1278.PNG

IMG_1279.PNG

7 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

How did you end up in two different seats? :lol: Definitely wasn’t there so just got pictures from online, in my very honest opinion honestly.

:lol: ... well spotted accie you've rumbled me. 

Went for a natter at half time and just stood there for the 2nd half.  :)

26 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

:lol: ... well spotted accie you've rumbled me. 

Went for a natter at half time and just stood there for the 2nd half.  :)

A Liverpool supporter standing? Oh Rab...

6 hours ago, 7-2 said:

A Liverpool supporter standing? Oh Rab...

Scoring so many goals our erses barely touch the seat :P 

25 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

you can (pretty much) see my house from there...

:P

Have you moved to the moon Herman ? 

Archived