Premier League 2017-2018

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Really?

I’d have the entire defence and probably keeper as English.

Right back is probably the only one that isn't English, out of the defence, with Lauren probably claiming the slot. 4 out of 11 isn't too bad considering how much he was criticised for not picking English players.

ETA: Probably criminal that RVP isn't there, on reflection I'd put him ahead of Pires or maybe even Bergkamp :wacko:

Arsenal.thumb.jpg.1c609abae16532fbbfcbb5c03bc551fd.jpg

Bergkamp is a dead cert. the man was a genius, as good as RVP was for Arsenal, he wouldn’t get there ahead of him. Pires is another story. I’d probably have Petite in there ahead of Silva, but that’s a close one.

Total left field, but I think Ozil deserves a mention for that XI.

Really?

I’d have the entire defence and probably keeper as English.

I went for Lauren  at right back and Clichy left back over Cole - mainly because Cole is a roaster. Campbell, Adams and Seaman picked themselves as the only Englishmen in my team. 

This Wenger ceremonial lap of honour from now to the end of the season in the press might be greeted well in some quarters. It'll take a bit of the pressure away from Maureen and Sam for a bit anyway.

It would be hard to say anything bad about Wenger apart from he probably did stay on a bit too long. History will show him as one of the good guys, hopefully.

54 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

I went for Lauren  at right back and Clichy left back over Cole - mainly because Cole is a roaster. Cambpell, Adams and Seaman picked themselves as the only Englishmen in my team. 

Cole  was a fantastic left back. Tremendous player. If the team is being picked on ability then he`s a cert IMHO. 

Sagna put in the best performance I can ever remember seeing against us from a right back so I'd go with him.

Was only Villa to be fair, mate. (The predictable response I accept)

I don't think you should have Ian Wright in there, his best football came pre Wenger.  I've cheated a bit and went 3-4-2-1

Anyway for me it has to be:

Seaman

Lauren-Campbell-Adams-Cole

Ozil-Fabregas-Vieira-Pires

Henry-Bergkamp

Early start for a last trip to the Hawthorns for at least a year or 2.

2 more wins will secure a top 4 spot for Liverpool. With the bottom 2 to come before Roma and Chelsea away it would be good to get it tied up early. :) 

Archived