Premier League 2017-2018

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mourinho is massively fucking his legacy. Once upon a time he was held up as potentially being better than SAF. He's proving himself to be a bit of a diddy these days, he's just not got it anymore.

God knows what the owners are thinking and if they might be swayed by the fans who are getting increasingly hacked off as time goes on. I do hope the players getting away from the madness gives them a chance recharge and come back raring to go.

I would presume that is moyes thinking behind it. I actually miss bilics open and honest interviews after games as well. Guy on football weekly made a great point though, that he seemed to know what was going wrong on the pitch, but just couldn’t seem to fix it. Whats the london stadium like? Is it as bad as is made out? Certainly looks worse than hampden for atmosphere and watching a game.

He is such a negative man these days, not only on the park but off it as well. 
You will also notice, he went into this particular mindset he is in just now right after he signed his contract extension.

He went threw a period about a month ago, where he seemed to be lightening up a wee bit in a couple of interviews, but he just seems to have went back to being a moany c**t again.

Mourinho is massively fucking his legacy. Once upon a time he was held up as potentially being better than SAF. He's proving himself to be a bit of a diddy these days, he's just not got it anymore.

I liked him when he came to chelsea. Fair enough he was a bit of an arrogant twat, but he was backing that up by winning trophies. Some of his interviews in the early years were quite amusing. Had the potential to be as good, maybe even thought he was better than fergie. But the world of football management has moved in even in 13/14 short years and he is now struggling to adapt.

The strength of Man City exacerbates the problems at the club as well as the perceived poor quality of football, but the problems are not all Mourinho’s doing and the squad still looks incomplete. They might have beaten Sevilla and won a few more games in the league, but they simply aren’t ready to compete with either City or major European clubs.

The crucial thing he still has going for him is that there is visible (albeit slow and, at times, painful) progress in terms of points on the board. As long as that continues then the board don’t need to rush - a transfer window that has some sense of purpose and isn’t about pursuing vanity signings to show they’ve still got a bigger dick than Man City would help. 

5 hours ago, AMMjag said:

The strength of Man City exacerbates the problems at the club as well as the perceived poor quality of football, but the problems are not all Mourinho’s doing and the squad still looks incomplete. They might have beaten Sevilla and won a few more games in the league, but they simply aren’t ready to compete with either City or major European clubs.

The crucial thing he still has going for him is that there is visible (albeit slow and, at times, painful) progress in terms of points on the board. As long as that continues then the board don’t need to rush - a transfer window that has some sense of purpose and isn’t about pursuing vanity signings to show they’ve still got a bigger dick than Man City would help. 

Loves Man United ... :)  

8 hours ago, buchan30 said:

I would presume that is moyes thinking behind it. I actually miss bilics open and honest interviews after games as well. Guy on football weekly made a great point though, that he seemed to know what was going wrong on the pitch, but just couldn’t seem to fix it. Whats the london stadium like? Is it as bad as is made out? Certainly looks worse than hampden for atmosphere and watching a game.

Very strange experience most of the support are even further away from the pitch than at Hampden. Great facilities in lots of respects but it’s the polar opposite of the Boleyn where the crowd was right on top of the pitch. Not by running on the pitch. 

23 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Andy Robertson is a bargain at £8 million, the value put on the swap deal for Stewart. Better than Tierney IMO.

I'm a Celtic fan and I can't argue that.  He's been bargain of the season in the Premiership IMHO while Salah has been the signing of the season.  

Oh and that was a lovely finish by Firmino for Liverpool's third.  Watford went to Anfield scared and you can't do that an expect anything

4 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

I'm a Celtic fan and I can't argue that.  He's been bargain of the season in the Premiership IMHO while Salah has been the signing of the season.  

Oh and that was a lovely finish by Firmino for Liverpool's third.  Watford went to Anfield scared and you can't do that an expect anything

Robertson increasingly looks a real class act.

Not so sure about Salah.  He looks great but not convinced he could do it on a snowy March day.

Very strange experience most of the support are even further away from the pitch than at Hampden. Great facilities in lots of respects but it’s the polar opposite of the Boleyn where the crowd was right on top of the pitch. Not by running on the pitch. 

Upton looked a great place to watch a game. The same reason i enjoy tynecastle, where its all closed in, you feel so close to the action.

8 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Cba Googling this but how many times have all 3 promoted sides stayed up before? Can’t be many and it’s looking likely this season.

Still wouldn`t be surprised if Huddersfield go down. 

Apparently it`s only happened twice in last 25 years.

Fulham, Bolton and Blackburn in 2001-02.

QPR, Norwich and Swansea 2011-12.

All 3 stay up.

Archived