Premier League 2017-2018

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

It’s not as simple as that and the man would have needed to think of various combinations of players and a song to fit the lyrics into. He uses an ex player in the song as well which is a further stroke of genius. I heard 3 different people singing the song on Blue Monday just there and it certainly brightened up the darkest day of the calendar year. It’s a yes from me.

Inspiring. 

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could be a good deal for all concerned. Arsenal need defenders and a defensive midfielder who will actually track runs though (Xhaka failed completely at Bournemouth on Sunday) rather than another potentially brilliant, possibly woeful attacking midfielder. There's a player there though. Sanchez will definitely get a lot more game time with United rather than City. And for all the chat about Pep being a big fan, didn't he sell him in the first place? It might not have been him but it rings a bell.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

And for all the chat about Pep being a big fan, didn't he sell him in the first place? It might not have been him but it rings a bell.

Sanchez was at Barca for another 2 seasons (and 2 managers) after Pep left.

He's not even that amazing. Obviously, he's very good. But for that... you'd expect him to be up there with Messi and Ronaldo. Mourinho doing his usual of spending billions without any planning beyond the next couple of seasons, after which he'll be gone.

Mino Raiola could cost both clubs a lot of money over this deal.  I have no doubt he will be demanding Pogba and Lukaku get parity with Sanchez. Ibrahimovic will probably need a pay off and Micky Ryan, as we know, will now need to be the top earner at Arsenal.

Not forgetting his fees. The money he makes from deals like this is a disgrace.

Mino Raiola could cost both clubs a lot of money over this deal.  I have no doubt he will be demanding Pogba and Lukaku get parity with Sanchez. Ibrahimovic will probably need a pay off and Micky Ryan, as we know, will now need to be the top earner at Arsenal.
Not forgetting his fees. The money he makes from deals like this is a disgrace.

Why is it disgraceful, exactly? He’s providing a service to the club and player and that’s what they’re willing to pay him, and he’s obviously very good at providing that service as he has numerous high-profile players on his books.

1 hour ago, J_Stewart said:

Why is it disgraceful, exactly? He’s providing a service to the club and player and that’s what they’re willing to pay him, and he’s obviously very good at providing that service as he has numerous high-profile players on his books.

He is taking tens of millions out of the game. Was it £25M for the Pogba deal? Fair enough, he needs decent renumeration for his business deals, but that is a ridiculous amount of money. 

I still can't get my head round the facts even have to pay agents over and above a transfer fee these days.

Archived