Premier League 2017-2018

I thought Can was fantastic today. Not well either apparently, hence why he was subbed! Here's hoping something can still be worked out with his contract as he's on the verge of moving into another gear. Oxlade, Firmino and Robertson as well. Good to see Mignolet finally binned and Karius given a decent run-out as he might actually save something, whilst his distribution is much sharper.
Great game overall. de Bruyne is just something else.

Totally agree about Emre Can. I’ve never understood why he’s in and out the team so much and when fit, isn’t always first pick for the midfield holding role as he looks streets ahead of Wijnaldum and Henderson.

Can’t say I agree about Karius though. He’s dreadful. Unfortunately for Klopp he’s got two rotten keepers to pick from, but for me it’d be Mignolet every time.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Totally agree about Emre Can. I’ve never understood why he’s in and out the team so much and when fit, isn’t always first pick for the midfield holding role as he looks streets ahead of Wijnaldum and Henderson.

Can’t say I agree about Karius though. He’s dreadful. Unfortunately for Klopp he’s got two rotten keepers to pick from, but for me it’d be Mignolet every time.

Can has been disappointing recently for me up until today. As much as Klopp rotates things round he’s played almost every game. 

I’d pick Mignolet too but then again if he’s going to bring in a new keeper in the summer then you’d expect Mignolet to be the one that goes so maybe he’ll go with Karius until the end of the season. 

6 hours ago, The Mantis said:

I think Rab is gonna need a bigger boat :lol:

What about this one Mantis I could call it the Lolverpool :lol: 

There is plenty of room for the family in case HM starts greeting again :lol: 

12F5A747-DA96-4BF7-81FB-2E960B2A01F9.jpeg

11 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Mignolet has played enough to give an idea of how bad he is. Five years and he's not improved at all. Indeed, he is in with a fair shout of being the worst 'keeper in the league; only Joe Hart has had a worse season. There was a point a couple of weeks back where he'd let in 24 goals and only made 24 saves! Add in how slow he is off his line, and how poor he is with the ball at his feet, and his time at Liverpool is over.

Karius may well turn out to be rubbish but he deserves a run to prove it. He's not had that yet.

24 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Holgate and Keane could be a solid CB partnership in the future, Kenny is getting better and Pickford's a good 'keeper. However, LB is a clear issue, even when Baines comes back, and there isn't really an outstanding defender there. 

Lookman, Sigurdsson, Bolasie and Vlasic aren't great wide options, but Walcott isn't the answer. 

ETA: Apparently he'll be a striking option. Again, not the answer. 

A few years ago Everton had some very good players who were either good for Everton, or obviously going to move on and raise some money; Cahill, Baines, Arteta, Lukaku, Barkley, Stones, Coleman, Fellaini. 

Who do they have now? They've completely wasted the Lukaku money. Depending on how Coleman comes back from his injury, there's not a player in that squad who the big 6 would seriously want to spend a penny on. There are no assets to sell unless a Lookman develops dramatically, and a ton of ageing players to replace.  Then you've got a stadium to pay for, where 2/3rds of the money is having to come from the council despite Moshiri apparently being rich?

Then you have the fact they've barely had a shot on target in their last few games and the manager says they need to be more boring?

Everton are in big trouble and it would be even more obvious if the other teams in the bottom 14 weren't so diabolical. Leicester are probably the only one with a decent shout of not being completely awful.

27 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Can has been disappointing recently for me up until today. As much as Klopp rotates things round he’s played almost every game. 

I’d pick Mignolet too but then again if he’s going to bring in a new keeper in the summer then you’d expect Mignolet to be the one that goes so maybe he’ll go with Karius until the end of the season. 

Why not give Danny ward a chance 

9 hours ago, David W said:

Mignolet has played enough to give an idea of how bad he is. Five years and he's not improved at all. Indeed, he is in with a fair shout of being the worst 'keeper in the league; only Joe Hart has had a worse season. There was a point a couple of weeks back where he'd let in 24 goals and only made 24 saves! Add in how slow he is off his line, and how poor he is with the ball at his feet, and his time at Liverpool is over.

Karius may well turn out to be rubbish but he deserves a run to prove it. He's not had that yet.

Spot on. Karius hasn't looked great, but he's clearly ahead of Mignolet who is absolutely diabolical. Think Klopp will have a keeper as his next priority now that he's got the centre half he wanted.

8 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Klopp! emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Love the guy, and despite some of the nonsense posted on here that's clearly just because he's at Liverpool, he's a top class manager.

Hopefully this puts an end to the debate about Robertson and Tierney.
Robertson performing several levels above Tierney on a consistent basis.

Didn’t even know what was a thing. Some people really thought Tierney was better?

Jeez.

On 22/10/2017 at 17:37, Bishop Briggs said:

Exactly. The back four is a bad joke and has been since the Klopp klown took over.

Then there are the Klopp's klowns, Karius and Klavan, on the bench. 

Abysmal manager.

There’s some belters :lol: 

10 minutes ago, The Master said:

Lambert confirmed as Stoke manager :lol:

It's almost as if they're resigned to relegation and hope he can get them back up. 

That was my train of thought too. It's a completely unreal appointment.

It was Klopp that signed Karius, gave him the No1 shirt and said he was now first choice keeper.  Can't see him wanting to basically admit to having made a major blunder by bringing in an expensive replacement to replace his replacement so soon , even if he didn't cost the earth. Giving him the run as first choice again until the end of the season  is the right call for both Karius and Klopp.

12 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Paul Lambert :lol:

I was concerned they'd go for Michael O'Neill after Martin O'Neill turned them down and Scotland would end up resorting to Lambert, delighted that bullet has been dodged.

I'd imagine the Stoke fans will be raging.   I'd also have thought he'd have been the second choice for the Scotland job, so it's a very positive development as far as I'm concerned.

Archived