Premier League 2017-2018

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Robertson way ahead of Tierney as things stand but understandable given he's got a few years on him and plays at a far higher level.

Tierney has a lot of work to do if he wants to even keep the right back slot as well with Paterson flying for Cardiff. While KT is a far better player, at least Paterson is actually right footed

Tierney LCB for Scotland. Sorted.

Never even though of that actually. Based on our current centre back pool that's a good option

Would take him there over most of our natural centre backs

Class there in the friendly and played plenty there for Celtic and most importantly we’ve got no c**t else.

Class there in the friendly and played plenty there for Celtic and most importantly we’ve got no c**t else.

Played there against England and did fine as well!!!

Why are Everton in for Theo Walcott when the Yorkshire Ripper had a better defence? They are brutal at the back. And that comes from a Liverpool fan!

I thought Gini (no, I'm not going to try and spell his name) and Chamberlain did really well today. Three mistakes cost three goals, but I genuinely thought Liverpool were the far better team for long periods of the game today.

Broonie did that (the bad breath thing) a couple of years back. Can’t remember if it was an OF game or a European game.

Pretty sure Gazza did it to someone years ago too. It’s been done plenty of times. I think Bong’s either completely misunderstood Rodriguez or he’s just being a c**t.

Why are Everton in for Theo Walcott when the Yorkshire Ripper had a better defence? They are brutal at the back. And that comes from a Liverpool fan!

I thought Gini (no, I'm not going to try and spell his name) and Chamberlain did really well today. Three mistakes cost three goals, but I genuinely thought Liverpool were the far better team for long periods of the game today.

Liverpool absolutely battered them for most of the second half. Man City’s second and third goals only came from Liverpool getting a bit carried away with the score and switching off a wee bit IMO. Van Dijk will maybe steady the defence and stop lapses like that though. However, despite being superb today, Liverpool still look like they would benefit from having a wee Kante-esque midfield terrier playing in front of the defence.

What a game :) 

Was looking forward to that one all week and  it didn’t disappoint. Could have done without those 2 late goals mind could see a  4-4 coming ! 3 goals in 8 minutes or something the 3 finishes were superb. That was the best atmosphere at Anfield since the new Main Stand was opened. 

Into 3rd place, 18 games unbeaten and 5 wins in a row :) 

I thought Can was fantastic today. Not well either apparently, hence why he was subbed! Here's hoping something can still be worked out with his contract as he's on the verge of moving into another gear. Oxlade, Firmino and Robertson as well. Good to see Mignolet finally binned and Karius given a decent run-out as he might actually save something, whilst his distribution is much sharper.

Great game overall. de Bruyne is just something else.

5 minutes ago, David W said:

I thought Can was fantastic today. Not well either apparently, hence why he was subbed! Here's hoping something can still be worked out with his contract as he's on the verge of moving into another gear. Oxlade, Firmino and Robertson as well. Good to see Mignolet finally binned and Karius given a decent run-out as he might actually save something, whilst his distribution is much sharper.

Great game overall. de Bruyne is just something else.

He really was David. He showed what he can do but he doesn’t do it enough and for me he’ll be easily replaced when he goes to Juventus. 

So many good performances. Chamberlain just gets better and better (where have his detractors gone now !) and Firmino was brilliant. Rumour is Robertson chased the Man City team bus along the M62 :lol: 

1 hour ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Holgate and Keane could be a solid CB partnership in the future, Kenny is getting better and Pickford's a good 'keeper. However, LB is a clear issue, even when Baines comes back, and there isn't really an outstanding defender there. 

Lookman, Sigurdsson, Bolasie and Vlasic aren't great wide options, but Walcott isn't the answer. 

ETA: Apparently he'll be a striking option. Again, not the answer. 

Archived