Premier League 2017-2018

The counter-argument is that we don't know whether they have the acumen of Guardiola as they aren't getting a look in.

I don't know if this rule is the answer, though it has been successful in the NFL, but I'm glad the league is recognising that BAME people are underrepresented in coaching, and attempting to address the issue.

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple of transfers today.

Georges-Kevin Nkoudou has signed for Burnley on loan from Spurs. Good move for him as he's been stuck on the bench for most of the season.

Moritz Bauer, Austrian right-back, has signed for Stoke City from Rubin Kazan. Glen Johnson, out of contract in the summer IIRC, could be punted soon.

38 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Peter Beardsley has been put on leave at Newcastle until he's fired for being a vicious racist.

He'll get a job at Sky. They love racism. 

he will be on Talksport in time for the start of next season 

2 hours ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Are there even that many BAME coaches/managers kicking about?

Think the problem comes from further down the ladder if there aren't. Premiership squads are full of black players and have been for years. No chance are clubs actively discriminating against them and I don't doubt that those candidates would be interviewed were they seen as suitable candidates.

Fact is, there aren't many prominent black coaches at the highest level. Look closer at addressing that issue rather than bringing this in.

Think a part of the problem could at least partially be perceived discrimination - if your experience of professional football leads you to believe you've no chance of succeeding as a manager (not even necessarily due to not being given job opportunities but as an example I would suspect certain media outlets would be very unforgiving on certain ethnicities of manager and have the knives out, along with certain elements of the fanbase) then why bother going through the effort of getting coaching badges etc.?

This. I find it totally bizarre tbh but maybe that's because I've never witnessed any form of persecution. I struggle to believe that English clubs, who are all absolutely driven by getting the EPL money, would purposely hire a worse manager purely on the colour of their skin.

At the same time you have brittish wannabe EPL managers moaning that we aren't giving home grown managers a chance because they aren't foreign. Both claims are bollocks really. Alot of them are just egotistical footballers who feel starting at the bottom is beneath them. See Ryan Giggs as a recent example.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-new-stadium-mayor-joe-14134075

The Everton supporting Mayor didn't have a good day yesterday as it was announced Liverpool council will be funding 2/3rds of Everton's new £500 million stadium.  Obviously it's a great move for the city though and has therefore been met with universal approval...

Seemingly the whole AGM was a joke. The voodoo story about Lukaku was a belter. 

This new stadium will never happen in my opinion.  Only last week Anderson was moaning about cuts in the city budget around that fire in the car park down at the docks then he approves this. Politics isn't my thing though.

KEaTRoX.gif

At least they have a corner to look back on with pride.

1 hour ago, 7-2 said:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everton-new-stadium-mayor-joe-14134075

The Everton supporting Mayor didn't have a good day yesterday as it was announced Liverpool council will be funding 2/3rds of Everton's new £500 million stadium.  Obviously it's a great move for the city though and has therefore been met with universal approval...

Given the obscene money going into the EPL now why should the council be footing the majority of a bill for a established clubs new ground?

1 hour ago, LondonHMFC said:

Everton fans are a strange bunch, most supports have a few oddities among them, but on the whole Everton are fucking weird. 

The supporters are the worst thing about going to Everton games. 

2 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

The voodoo story about Lukaku was a belter. 

that was my favorite (sic) bit on Talk Shite this morning - the understanding and appreciation of other culture's belief systems and family values shown by Brazil and Quinn was >almost< poetic in it's stupidity, insensitivity and crassness - however, it just missed it's (no doubt fully-intended) target for being a self-deprecating somewhat rhetorical take on things and, instead, showed them up as being a couple of ignorant c***s...

‏@MattHughesTimes
Lukaku accepts #everton made him a very good offer to stay, which he rejected because he didn't believe in the project, not because of voodoo. Is consulting lawyers over potential legal action.

‏@MattHughesTimes
Romelu Lukaku taking legal advice following Farhad Moshiri's voodoo comments. Belgian striker's representatives say he's "sad and angry" at #Everton owner's claims. Lukaku doesn't believe in voodoo and is a Roman Catholic.

The Blues benefactor was quizzed by a supporter at the club's General Meeting over why the Scottish journalist was seemingly being used as a mouthpiece for him rather than going through the usual media outlets.

Mr Moshiri said: “As it happens, Jim White is a friend of mine.'

“Sometimes late at night he calls me, sometimes there's no caller ID and I think it's Bill (Kenwright)

“And then if we've had a bad game and I'm upset he gets to me and he gets something out of me.

“All the conversations are between two friends, they shouldn't appear on Sky but that's the world we live in.”

Steve Walsh, Director of Football: “If you took away all of Romelu Lukaku’s goals last season, we still would have finished seventh.

Moshiri: "I think with Tosun as a focal point, Bolasie back, Sigurdsson and Rooney - We have our own Fab 4"

Sounds like it was better than any AGM I've ever attended. What a club :lol: 

Some other quotes from Moshiri

"We offered him a better deal than Chelsea and his agent came to Finch Farm to sign the contract," Moshiri told Everton's annual general meeting.

"I wasted two summers to keep him. First summer with his agent, him and his family we managed to keep him. Last summer we offered him a better deal than Chelsea - whatever they offered we matched but he just didn't want to stay.

"If I tell you what we offered him you wouldn't believe it, but they offered him a better deal."

So basically, they offered more, the same and less than Chelsea all at the same time. 

Archived