Premier League 2017-2018

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair play to Kane, a phenomenal year for him and he’s by far and away the best “true” #9 in Europe. A shame that his career will probably end with nothing more than a token League Cup barring he moves away from Spurs.

22 minutes ago, Afro said:

Fair play to Kane, a phenomenal year for him and he’s by far and away the best “true” #9 in Europe. A shame that his career will probably end with nothing more than a token League Cup barring he moves away from Spurs.

I'd definitely have Lewandowski over him, but I'm nit-picking slightly. A great player, with a real hunger to continue to improve himself

I'd definitely have Lewandowski over him, but I'm nit-picking slightly. A great player, with a real hunger to continue to improve himself

Would’ve agreed with your choice a year or two ago now, but it seems their careers are heading in different directions now. I certainly couldn’t see Lewandowski notching 56 in a year, now.

Takes a lot of cruel criticism for how he comes across in interviews but I think he’s brand new. Seems like a top bloke and one of the few English players who isn’t a jumped up knobend.

Just now, Afro said:

Would’ve agreed with your choice a year or two ago now, but it seems their careers are heading in different directions now. I certainly couldn’t see Lewandowski notching 56 in a year, now.

Takes a lot of cruel criticism for how he comes across in interviews but I think he’s brand new. Seems like a top bloke and one of the few English players who isn’t a jumped up knobend.

In lewandowskis defence he has 53 in 55 this year. It's not exactly poor! Agree fully with the rest of your assesment, he seems far too likeable compared to some recent English "superstars". Guys like Ferdinand and Cole always drove me mental.

5 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Surprised not to see Rab on waxing lyrical about Liverpool comfortably beating the worst side in the league. Well done to Liverpool keeping a clean sheet though some achievement for them.

Apologies for the delay Scotty I was on driving duty today :) 

Decent day thankfully the 2nd goal opened the floodgates. Swansea still pass the ball well and they managed to hang on in the there after conceding the early goal but they were well beaten in the end. 

Yes a clean sheet ... that was the 8th one in the 14 unbeaten games since we went to Wembley. 10 wins and 4 draws all of which were definitely points dropped. 

Another start for Chamberlain and impressive again. His 5th was Liverpool's 75th of the season and it's only Boxing Day :lol: 

Thought the Bournemouth equaliser highlighted something which I've never understood in British football, which is the absolute hatred of diving, but complete acceptance of every other form of cheating. Wilson clearly tries to claim to the referee that he did not touch the ball, despite obviously knowing that he did, in an attempt to decieve the referee (and tried to use his hand into the bargain). No-one seems to have an issue with that, he then makes a cheeky comment about it being a 'touch of magic' and it's just laughed off with a 'What's he like?' attitude. How is that any different than decieving a referee by diving?

I actually have no issue with him doing that, or players diving, to me players should do what they can and it's up to the referee to be good enough, so I'm not criticising Wilson, just the strange way that diving gets picked on as the only form of cheating that seems to matter, anything else seems to be fair game.

Mrs Hunter had never heard of Harry Kane before yesterday, but following Sky's lovefest and fawning over him after the game, she now absolutely cannot stand him.  Was quite funny watching her get more and more irritated at the TV. By the time halftime at the Man Utd game came around and they started talking about him again I thought she was gonna put the TV out the window.

Came into work this morning to find out I'm working in the Discharge Lounge this morning.  The repeat of Match of the Day had just started, so I got paid to watch football highlights. Not too shabby. Some cracking games and goals yesterday by the looks of it.

1 minute ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Mrs Hunter had never heard of Harry Kane before yesterday, but following Sky's lovefest and fawning over him after the game, she now absolutely cannot stand him.  Was quite funny watching her get more and more irritated at the TV. By the time halftime at the Man Utd game came around and they started talking about him again I thought she was gonna put the TV out the window.

Came into work this morning to find out I'm working in the Discharge Lounge this morning.  The repeat of Match of the Day had just started, so I got paid to watch football highlights. Not too shabby. Some cracking games and goals yesterday by the looks of it.

Just you tell her to join the rest of us on here Craig and get glued to watching Klopp's mighty Reds ... :) 

1 hour ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Thought the Bournemouth equaliser highlighted something which I've never understood in British football, which is the absolute hatred of diving, but complete acceptance of every other form of cheating. Wilson clearly tries to claim to the referee that he did not touch the ball, despite obviously knowing that he did, in an attempt to decieve the referee (and tried to use his hand into the bargain). No-one seems to have an issue with that, he then makes a cheeky comment about it being a 'touch of magic' and it's just laughed off with a 'What's he like?' attitude. How is that any different than decieving a referee by diving?

I actually have no issue with him doing that, or players diving, to me players should do what they can and it's up to the referee to be good enough, so I'm not criticising Wilson, just the strange way that diving gets picked on as the only form of cheating that seems to matter, anything else seems to be fair game.

I'd also throw in cynical fouls which stop a team counter attacking. They're always applauded as 'a good foul' or 'taking one for the team'. 

I've got absolutely no issue with it, but let's stop pretending it's not a very blatant form of cheating.

11 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Mourinho : "Transfer spend is not enough"

After the Burnley draw, the Portuguese bemoaned City's spending power, having signed full-backs Kyle Walker and Benjamin Mendy for £102million.

"When you say a club like Manchester United, do you think Milan is not as big as us?" Mourinho asked. "You think they are not as big as we are? Do you think Real Madrid are not as big as we are? You think Inter Milan is not as big as we are? There are many big clubs and you say big clubs, I know what is a big club.
"One thing is a big club and another thing is a big football team that you know is not one of the best teams in the world, so when you speak about responsibilities to win the Premier League, Tottenham does not have that responsibility. Tottenham is not a club with the same history as us. Arsenal doesn't have the responsibility to win it, Chelsea doesn't have the responsibility to win it.

"Manchester City buy the full-backs for the price of the strikers, so when you speak about big football clubs, you are speaking about the history of the club."

Mourinho has spent £286.2million on seven players since he was appointed United manager and when that figure was mentioned, he replied: "Is not enough, is not enough. And the price for the big clubs, the price for the big clubs is different from the other clubs, so the big, historical clubs are normally punished in the market for that history
So the boys are doing what they can and they are doing fine, you say seven points from 16 or 15, something like you say, I say last two matches we had 15 chances to score and we concede three S[**t] goals and an amazing free-kick.

"So the boys do what they can, they are trying hard with the problems and injuries we have. I am not happy with the result, and against Leicester, but I am happy with my players."

He is a parody of himself these days. Absolutely deluded and a wee bit mental.

Who cares about him. 

25 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

I'd also throw in cynical fouls which stop a team counter attacking. They're always applauded as 'a good foul' or 'taking one for the team'. 

I've got absolutely no issue with it, but let's stop pretending it's not a very blatant form of cheating.

I've never understood why that kind of foul isn't a straight red - why on earth is it a good thing to deliberately kick an opponent?

Same with players ‘shielding’ the ball out near the line for a goal kick or throw in. Anywhere else on the pitch it’s an obstruction.

21 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Roberston play ok?

I've seen their last 3 games and he's been fine.

Liverpool have only conceded 3 goals from open play in the last 6 PL games he's played since Moreno has been injured. Not saying that's all down to him, but would like to think it's enough to convince Klopp to persist with him in the side.

Archived