Premier League 2017-2018

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

With a front line of Coutinho, Salah, Firminio and Mane, they should be a serious challenger for the league

Of course which he must take huge credit for.

Serious challengers for the title with the budgets of the 3 above I'm not so sure but a big threat under Klopp. 

Saying "ah, fourth is fine" just doesn't cut it. They had glaring problems and didn't rectify them. And they've had them problems for years. This isn't a thing that has sneaked up on Klopp and surely people have to ask serious questions of this.

5 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

Saying "ah, fourth is fine" just doesn't cut it. They had glaring problems and didn't rectify them. And they've had them problems for years. This isn't a thing that has sneaked up on Klopp and surely people have to ask serious questions of this.

i think you'll find this problem has went on long before klopp, under FSG and Hicks and Gillet liverpool have always left themselves one or two short after a transfer window, it goes back to rafas days , it makes me think the problem hasn't been the managers.

i genuinely think the penny has dropped now though, there is only so far you can go iwth players like lovren etc they'll always cost you a game and it is bizarre we never sorted it in the summer but it didn't surprise me

8 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

He / they also rectified glaring problems like lack of depth, back up for Mane and he even needed a new left back and guess what happened there? Got to admire that first and foremost Klopp looks to work with what he's got. Another few windows for him / them and he could have some side. 

Just now, Rab B Nesbit said:

He / they also rectified glaring problems like lack of depth, back up for Mane and he even needed a new left back and guess what happened there? Got to admire that first and foremost Klopp looks to work with what he's got. Another few windows for him / them and he could have some side. 

The attack is FAR better than it was to be sure, but it doesn't seem like massive progress has been made. The same stupid points are being dropped in the same stupid ways and they find themselves in a similar position to last season.

They simply have to focus on the defence, if not in January, then in the summer. They could seriously challenge if they did so, regardless of budgets, because they'd be good enough to take on any side.

16 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

The attack is FAR better than it was to be sure, but it doesn't seem like massive progress has been made. The same stupid points are being dropped in the same stupid ways and they find themselves in a similar position to last season.

They simply have to focus on the defence, if not in January, then in the summer. They could seriously challenge if they did so, regardless of budgets, because they'd be good enough to take on any side.

I think he's definitely made progress in particular coping with balancing Champions League football and the league for the first time.  It's clear he wants Van Djik and I wouldn't be surprised if they try and break the bank for him in January. Don't expect anyone else though. Also don't expect that that'll be all defensive problems solved either it's so hard to get the balance right between attack and defence especially when so attack minded. 

The problems Liverpool have has been apparent for years. They remind me of City a couple of years back when they were overloaded with attacking options but so glaringly poor at the back. You can praise Liverpool for adding more depth to the squad but I don't think that was the first thing that needed addressed even if it has been dealt with well.

Archived