Premier League 2017-2018

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's Pulis away...

Can’t say I’m surprised. He’d probably keep them up, but they’ve been utterly turgid since confirming safety last season. West Brom fans have been on his back for a while now too.

26 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

The West Brom job has Big Sam's name on it. IIRC, he lives in the West Midlands.

Tony Pulis to replace Chris Coleman for the Wales vacancy?

You would have thought so.  McInnes going there rather than Rangers would be hilarious.

From the outside, it seems harsh on Pulis, but the WBA fans have totally turned against him and they generally know best - as we've seen with McIntyre and McCulloch and Houston.

One of Scotland, Wales, West Brom and Rangers is going to end up with an utter turd of a cheap option manager.  I wonder which one it will be?

19 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Stones was a few yards away, on the wrong side of the goal. That was a goal scoring opportunity. What difference does the minute it happened in make?

It doesn't. Shearer was suggesting that the referee will be wary of sending off somebody so early in the game. He didn't say that makes it right.

Red card for me too. Vardy is beyond Stones, more central and is faster than him. He'd easily have been one on one with the keeper.

11 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

It doesn't. Shearer was suggesting that the referee will be wary of sending off somebody so early in the game. He didn't say that makes it right.

Red card for me too. Vardy is beyond Stones, more central and is faster than him. He'd easily have been one on one with the keeper.

Get a hard tackle in "early doors" has always been the case - McLeish & Miller @ Aberdeen back in the '80's being a good example. Staying in the '80's when I was working in England I remember Vinnie Jones opening minute tackle on Steve McMahon to settle who was the real midfield hardman.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30676731

You would have thought so.  McInnes going there rather than Rangers would be hilarious.
From the outside, it seems harsh on Pulis, but the WBA fans have totally turned against him and they generally know best - as we've seen with McIntyre and McCulloch and Houston.
One of Scotland, Wales, West Brom and Rangers is going to end up with an utter turd of a cheap option manager.  I wonder which one it will be?

Wales have apparently offered Giggs the job, so my money's on then

You basically can't be in the bottom six for any longer than a month or you'll get sacked now.

If all twenty clubs sacked their manager during the season for fear of relegation, three of them would still be relegated. The chairmen and owners of these clubs don't seem to realise that teams will have to be relegated. That's how a football pyramid works.

9 minutes ago, Jamaldo said:

You basically can't be in the bottom six for any longer than a month or you'll get sacked now.

If all twenty clubs sacked their manager during the season for fear of relegation, three of them would still be relegated. The chairmen and owners of these clubs don't seem to realise that teams will have to be relegated. That's how a football pyramid works.

That's pretty much it. You can have 3/4 good seasons then a bad 5/6 weeks and get the sack. 

I mean, this is definitely more than five or six bad weeks for Pulis. West Brom have only won one home Premier League game in 8 months, taken twelve points from their last 21 fixtures (including just two wins), and scored nine goals in 12 matches this season. His brand of football is fine when it's working, but it had become ineffective - and he seemingly didn't know how to change it. 

I'm not sure this can be characterised as a harsh decision at all. 

Archived