Premier League 2017-2018

Just watching MOTD. It's staggering Kompany didn't get sent off. He just scythed Vardy down and never even went for the ball let alone the goal scoring opp stuff. It's unbelievable the ref saw it then considered it only a yellow.

Disagree, I think he did go for the ball but it was a sloppy challenge, probably down to lack of match fitness.

Completely agree. He was through on goal, as clear a goal scoring opportunity as you will see, taken out cynically, and the ref gave a yellow.

Again, don’t think it was cynical, just sloppy. Alan Shearer said on MOTD that had that been after 20 mins and not 2 mins it would’ve been a red, and sounds about right. I also think it’s debatable whether Kompany was the last man as John Stones was pretty well tucked in and the ref might have seen it this way too.

2170a79e66538e4735ef5885f6867f79.jpg

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It shouldn't matter what minute it's in. He's the furthest back defender and he wipes out a striker who's beaten him. It's a red.

10 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

The best bit was the programme cover though ... 

IMG_0680.JPG

4 straight wins all by 3 goal margins has been an excellent response to getting thrashed at Spurs.

hmmmm - the word "mawkish" comes to mind - pity that klopp's recent hospital visit wasn't for anything fatal - imagine the joy/misery/wallowing that woud have prompted !

17 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

hmmmm - the word "mawkish" comes to mind - pity that klopp's recent hospital visit wasn't for anything fatal - imagine the joy/misery/wallowing that woud have prompted !

Thankfully a clean bill of health for the Boss Herman :) 

4 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Agreed, but to be fair there’s a good chance it might turn out far better to watch than the likes of a Man Utd v Chelsea game.

I'm not so bothered about the fixture and it might actually be okay but do they not always have at least 2 games on a Sunday?

Again, don’t think it was cynical, just sloppy. Alan Shearer said on MOTD that had that been after 20 mins and not 2 mins it would’ve been a red, and sounds about right. I also think it’s debatable whether Kompany was the last man as John Stones was pretty well tucked in and the ref might have seen it this way too.

Last man means nothing, its goalscoring opportunity

4 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Disagree, I think he did go for the ball but it was a sloppy challenge, probably down to lack of match fitness.

Yep,think that's what did it , personally I'd still say it's a red but the position of Stones makes it a debate.

Stones was a few yards away, on the wrong side of the goal. That was a goal scoring opportunity. What difference does the minute it happened in make?

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

There are times Heurelho Gomes looks like the worst goalie in the world, and then other times he's absolutely unbeatable.  That's two or three top class saves he's made tonight.

last double-save was just ridiculous !

Archived