Premier League 2017-2018

1 hour ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Fair play to rab for following lolverpool around the country.

Absolutely. Those of us of a certain P&B vintage will remember the second half of 2005 as the days where Liverpool were the best "supported" team on P&B. "We"s and "Us"s all galore. Cringeworthy stuff

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fair play to rab for following lolverpool around the country. They are shite though and it’s always a good laugh when they lose, and a lot of the fans are grief merchants.

Spot on. The amount of seethe this causes is staggering. The lad goes and watches other teams but because he follows Liverpool, he gets hounded. To be fair he gets his moneys worth as they either do well or get embarassed. Thankfully its the latter :)

Don’t really care about this, to be honest. He probably would have turned it around, but he was never gonna survive given the start to the season.
Another manager will come in, last a couple of seasons, have some bad results and the fans will turn. It’s a bit of a mental club at the moment.
Steve Walsh also has a lot to answer for.

For me, he had to go.

You look at the squad he has assembled, the players he's brought in. People were wondering if Everton could break into the top 4 at the start of the season. You don't spend over 100 million and then fall into the relegation zone at the end of October. You can't be getting hammered 5-2 at home to Arsenal, or being shafted 3-0 by Atalanta. You expect better.

Thank god we got Rooney because he's been the most exciting thing to happen this season.

I'm not sure how I feel about a Moyes return. I fucking loved Moyes when he was at Everton before, he did a fine job. I think he deserved more time at United. He did shit with Sunderland. He knows Everton inside out though, people used to say if Moyes had more money that he could achieve great things with Everton. He was always the nearly man, getting them to cup finals, cup semi's, nearly in the top 4 many years, nearly in the Champions League group stages one year. Who knows.

He gets a lot of flack but I like Dyche, apart from when he's speaking David Brent. He's an intelligent guy with a great, dry sense of humour.  Would be a good appointment if he goes to Everton.

For me, he had to go.
You look at the squad he has assembled, the players he's brought in. People were wondering if Everton could break into the top 4 at the start of the season. You don't spend over 100 million and then fall into the relegation zone at the end of October. You can't be getting hammered 5-2 at home to Arsenal, or being shafted 3-0 by Atalanta. You expect better.
Thank god we got Rooney because he's been the most exciting thing to happen this season.
I'm not sure how I feel about a Moyes return. I fucking loved Moyes when he was at Everton before, he did a fine job. I think he deserved more time at United. He did shit with Sunderland. He knows Everton inside out though, people used to say if Moyes had more money that he could achieve great things with Everton. He was always the nearly man, getting them to cup finals, cup semi's, nearly in the top 4 many years, nearly in the Champions League group stages one year. Who knows.

I think Moyes’ lack of funds helped mask many of his shortcomings and became an excuse for him. Martinez came in with pretty much the same budget and completely blew fans away in his first season, but his main problem was sustaining it and building the squad the following season.
I don’t really want this to be slating Moyes. He was a manager of his time, and he has built Everton to what they are now. I just feel that he laid the foundations well and they need to move on from that. Martinez also helped by having a shift in style to help their transition.
Sean Dyche to be appointed apparently.

I like Dyche a lot, but I just don’t he’s the right appointment at the moment. He needs this season to see if he is as good as some make him out to be, I reckon. Burnley completely fell off a cliff last season, which no one really seems to remember.
That being said, could they really do better? It’s not going to be an imaginative appointment and will probably be from the Premier League. The best coach they could get would be Marco Silva who isn’t gonna leave Watford right now. After that, you’re looking at someone like Benitez. Again, would that really happen all things considered?
Fuckit, #AnnounceDyche.

1 hour ago, accies1874 said:

I think Moyes’ lack of funds helped mask many of his shortcomings and became an excuse for him. Martinez came in with pretty much the same budget and completely blew fans away in his first season, but his main problem was sustaining it and building the squad the following season.
I don’t really want this to be slating Moyes. He was a manager of his time, and he has built Everton to what they are now. I just feel that he laid the foundations well and they need to move on from that. Martinez also helped by having a shift in style to help their transition.

I like Dyche a lot, but I just don’t he’s the right appointment at the moment. He needs this season to see if he is as good as some make him out to be, I reckon. Burnley completely fell off a cliff last season, which no one really seems to remember.
That being said, could they really do better? It’s not going to be an imaginative appointment and will probably be from the Premier League. The best coach they could get would be Marco Silva who isn’t gonna leave Watford right now. After that, you’re looking at someone like Benitez. Again, would that really happen all things considered?
Fuckit, #AnnounceDyche.

Rafa Benitez said recently that he would like to go back to Merseyside as his family still lives on the Wirral. 

There are several other options - Ancelotti, Tuchel, Mancini, Rodgers and even Pellegrini (currently managing in the Chinese league). 

ETA - Big Sam too for a relegation fight. He says he's retired from club management but Everton would surely tempt him.

Archived