Premier League 2017-2018

16 minutes ago, Herman Hessian said:

i'd never take issue with anyone tagging a certain group of fans as racist, or fascist or right wing or whatever as it's a two minute google jaunt to find enough evidence to support any such a claim

i can also find similar evidence - with the same level of corroboration - that all vicars fiddle with kids, all policement ride dodgems, all studio bosses are rapists etc etc etc

it's the extension of these traits to the club as a whole which gets up my nose - clearly, west ham in its entirety is not a "vile club" - i'm sure they do loads of stuff for the community and disabled kids and fluffy puppies; it's also been said on here that all hellas fans are racist - we'll, i'm fucking not, so that happens to be bollocks too, but thanks for the generalisation whichever cock-end that was.

the impression i get of this place is that there's a great deal more well thought out comment than the vast majority of other football message boards - bit galling when the tired old predjudices come to the fore for no real reason

that said, of course, I wouldn't want to be accused of being a hand-wringing snowflake, and - as such - it is entirely reasonable to say that ALL leeds fans are wankers absolutely without exception, and that every single song that elbow have ever made sounds like a christmas carol that's been remixed to be deliberately fucking miserable because someone in a hospice has requested it to be played as they die with their family around their bedside ;)

That's the classic on here. From your front room in Aberdeen a whole club 500 miles away - that you've never been to - including the tea lady is vile disgusting scum :lol: 

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's the classic on here. From your front room in Aberdeen a whole club 500 miles away - that you've never been to - including the tea lady is vile disgusting scum [emoji38] 

I've never been to Berlin and wasn't alive when Hitler was alive, I can still can him evil, or since I've never been am I not allowed to judge based on overwhelming evidence?

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've never been to Berlin and wasn't alive when Hitler was alive, I can still can him evil, or since I've never been am I not allowed to judge based on overwhelming evidence?

I'll let you have that one :) 

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

you're talking about one bloke whose thoughts, acts and deeds have been minutely dissected over decades by historians, sociologists, psychiatrists and mel brooks - not an entire football club and everyone who supports it being condemned based on hysterical media coverage and "what most people reckon" !

on the preponderance of evidence immediately to hand, you sound like a bit of a cock - but i'm sure that's not an entirely fair assumption for me to have made...

I like this idea that Jimmy has been to multiple West Ham games and hasn't heard about their reputation before.

Of course I've heard of many clubs reputations. I've just given MY opinion of MY experience to counteract a sweeping generalisation from someone who doesn't know what he's talking about.
That tea lady Rab mentioned is a total bitch right enough!

There's a lot of literalism going on this morning regarding insults.  It's a football forum and football terminology is being used. It's like saying eg Victor Moses is crap. He's a professional footballer playing at the highest level and being paid eye watering sums for money for his footballing ability. He clearly isn't crap but it's accepted in football circles exactly what is meant. It's the same principle for any generalism about a club or their fans. Football folk know what's meant. I think Mr Stewart has played a blinder in the wind up stakes.*

* Just in case, I'd better clarify that I don't mean he's put on a blindfold or covered his eyes in any way before typing his posts. 

Chelsea and their fans really are one of the most disgusting, deplorable groups of people on this planet. They have blatantly cheated to get the 3 points there but no doubt it’ll go down as a glorious comeback due to genius tactics and having world class players. Utter c***s to a man.

Chelsea and their fans really are one of the most disgusting, deplorable groups of people on this planet. They have blatantly cheated to get the 3 points there but no doubt it’ll go down as a glorious comeback due to genius tactics and having world class players. Utter c***s to a man.

Jimmy saw a black Chelsea fan once so they are alright.

Not to perpetuate conspiracy theories but unless there is a major incident there never seems to be 4+ minutes added on at the end of a game unless it's a close game like this Man united one. Sounds like there have been no unusual delays in this half yet mystically there are 4 minutes to be added. Also only ever seem to see more than a minute or two added (again unless there is an incident) in the second half, rarely in the first. I get that there are more substitutions in the second half but the timings seem very arbitrary.

Who was the BT idiot that picked Southampton vs WBA for today's game?

I was thinking that. How much do BT spend for Premier League rights? And this weekend their sole game is this? I sort of get it when Sky have a game like this when they've got 3-4 games over a weekend, but this is it for BT.

Archived