Premier League 2017-2018

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

It's amazing to me that nobody at Anfield can see that their defenders are awful.  Everyone else knows that Liverpool's defending has been awful for years but instead of investing in defenders they keep buying attacking players.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/06/jurgen-kloppthere-arent-five-better-centre-halves-already-have/

Jurgen Klopp, the Liverpool manager, has shrugged off criticism of his defensive options heading into the new season, arguing there are few centre-halves better than he has.

Klopp’s interest in Southampton’s Virgil Van Dijk, and the subsequent fall-out, has been well documented, but the Liverpool manager offered an insight into why he has not been tracking alternatives since the aborting of that move in June. If that deal can not be revived before the end of this month, Klopp is not planning to look elsewhere.

“Look out there and tell me five that would make us stronger. Five. Then you win a prize. It’s difficult how it is,” said Klopp.

“We have four. I don’t think we need more. In the moment I’m fine. We are open until August 31. We cannot force the things and we would never get a centre back just because (of the sake of it).

The slowed down version of 'oh when the *team name* go marching in' I thought was just a Spurs thing but Southampton are doing it now. Why can't teams just sing it at a normal tempo?

We sang it that way back in the 80's in the north bank. Always sounded good.

17 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

The slowed down version of 'oh when the *team name* go marching in' I thought was just a Spurs thing but Southampton are doing it now. Why can't teams just sing it at a normal tempo?

I don't mind it. It's a break from rattling through songs at 100 mile an hour and can't keep up or make out a word. At least it doesn't involve a drum i.e. the Ellesse gang (10) at Easter Road. 

I take it Sky are front loading their TV picks with dross so that they can put the big teams on later in the year? I'd have thought they'd have put the big games on first to flog their new channel. And Arsenal on Monday before flying out to BATE Borisov? Weird. Better hope the title race isn't over too early.

7 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

I don't mind it. It's a break from rattling through songs at 100 mile an hour and can't keep up or make out a word. At least it doesn't involve a drum i.e. the Ellesse gang (10) at Easter Road. 

Well Rab, rattling through songs at 100 miles an hour is something you certainly can't accuse Liverpool of. All they seem to do is repeat depressing dirge after depressing dirge. The repertoire seems to just be You'll Never Walk Alone, The Fields of Athenry or The Fields of Anfield Road combined with numerous repetitions of a slow, drawn out Liverpool, Liverpool. It's depressing. Everton manage to have some upbeat stuff so it's not just the general Scouse grief culture at play.  Even the main anti-Manchester United song is about death.  It's a pity Gerry Marsden's 'I Like It' hadn't been at number one instead of the Carousel lament when all this started.  :(:bairn

55 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Surprised Brighton and Newcastle have never met in the top flight before, not just the EPL. 

Considering this is only Brighton's fourth season in the top flight, I'm not.

Newcastle were in Division 2 the last time Albion were in the top storey, back in the early 80s.

2 hours ago, 7-2 said:

Well Rab, rattling through songs at 100 miles an hour is something you certainly can't accuse Liverpool of. All they seem to do is repeat depressing dirge after depressing dirge. The repertoire seems to just be You'll Never Walk Alone, The Fields of Athenry or The Fields of Anfield Road combined with numerous repetitions of a slow, drawn out Liverpool, Liverpool. It's depressing. Everton manage to have some upbeat stuff so it's not just the general Scouse grief culture at play.  Even the main anti-Manchester United song is about death.  It's a pity Gerry Marsden's 'I Like It' hadn't been at number one instead of the Carousel lament when all this started.  :(:bairn

7-2 the Scouse expert :lol: 

No doubt one of the top 2 travelling supports in the country will be just one depressing dirge after another.

Well Rab, rattling through songs at 100 miles an hour is something you certainly can't accuse Liverpool of. All they seem to do is repeat depressing dirge after depressing dirge. The repertoire seems to just be You'll Never Walk Alone, The Fields of Athenry or The Fields of Anfield Road combined with numerous repetitions of a slow, drawn out Liverpool, Liverpool. It's depressing. Everton manage to have some upbeat stuff so it's not just the general Scouse grief culture at play.  Even the main anti-Manchester United song is about death.  It's a pity Gerry Marsden's 'I Like It' hadn't been at number one instead of the Carousel lament when all this started.  [emoji20]:bairn

What a waste of a post[emoji15]

Archived