Premier League 2017-2018

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

Another pathetic weekend of football for Merseyside's victim clubs. Pleasing.

Not a bad away point for Tranmere though especially playing 42 minutes with 10 men. Should invite them up for a testimonial jag. 

19 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

Premier League title is goimg to Manchester this season anyway, right now my money would be on United.

I wouldn't rule out Chelsea either. Surprised you can nearly get 3-1 on Man United. Man City favourites as they were this time last year but would have to think they are far better equipped this time. 

You've said he's "been like a new signing" since being converted to a full back. It happened four years ago, are you going to start talking about how great a player Messis become since he moved central soon?

I didn't.

Agree, almost like a new signing converting him to a wing-back.

16 hours ago, accies1874 said:

I really am stunned at how bad Koeman's recruitment has been. Not just this season, but last season too. He's probably made 4 good signings in total: Pickford, Keane, Schneiderlin and Gueye.

they genuinely thought they had won the league with their signings

10 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

It's an exaggeration no doubt but Everton fans seemed awfully cocky.

I can understand why they'd be feeling quite confident going into the season. On paper they have recruited very well.

I can understand why they'd be feeling quite confident going into the season. On paper they have recruited very well.

I'm not really sure why though. They recruited the slowest midfield possible with a lot of players who can be very good when are good but float out of games and have extended passages of play without doing much that's useful.

56 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I'm not really sure why though. They recruited the slowest midfield possible with a lot of players who can be very good when are good but float out of games and have extended passages of play without doing much that's useful.

In all seriousness the Ev have played 4 of last seasons top 6 in their opening 5 games and played Atalanta away so it has been a pretty tough start. Sounds like performances have been pretty poor though so they'll need to pick up a few results and confidence quickly or they could struggle especially with European football and the Thursday / Sunday's.  

Archived