Brighton
Southampton
Stoke
Newcastle
West Brom
Barnsley
Huddersfield
Watford

These teams are all identical and easily interchangeable. Swap West Ham for Norwich or Watford for Middlesbrough and no one would care.

19 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

The following teams are pish.

Crystal Palace
Bournemouth
West Ham
Leicester
Swansea
Brighton
Southampton
Stoke
Newcastle
West Brom
Barnsley
Huddersfield
Watford

These teams are all identical and easily interchangeable. Swap West Ham for Norwich or Watford for Middlesbrough and no one would care.

Nah, I think teams like Newcastle and West Ham have too big a fan base to say no one would care.

Also, when did Barnsley get promoted to PL and when do they play?

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Antonio, Carroll and Hernandez as your three striking options and Hernandez is the one you take off. Bilic deserves the sack for that alone

Hasn't Andy Carroll got bored of kidding on he's a footballer by now?

57 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

The following teams are pish.

Crystal Palace
Bournemouth
West Ham
Leicester
Swansea
Brighton
Southampton
Stoke
Newcastle
West Brom
Barnsley
Huddersfield
Watford

Arsenal are far more deserving of a place in this list than quietly effective but unspectacular teams like West Brom, Southampton or Stoke.

I don't really get the panic over relegation in the Premier League. All that Tv money and the parachute pavements should more than cushion the "blow" of going down.

I can only assume that Steve Parish, along with probably many others, is a shite businessman who hasn't bothered to factor in the cost of relegation for his club should it happen, and is shitting himself that it might happen. Or he's just an idiot.

Hasn't Andy Carroll got bored of kidding on he's a footballer by now?

He was apparently "brilliant" last night and was the reason West Ham won. He'll be a "massive player" for them this season.

I've no idea where the pundits got that from, he genuinely just ran about barging into folk.

11 hours ago, Jamaldo said:

I don't really get the panic over relegation in the Premier League. All that Tv money and the parachute pavements should more than cushion the "blow" of going down.

The generous parachute payments are a big help, but a maximum of around £76M over three years if you are relegated (parachute payments of £47M, £38M & £17M + around £7M per year in TV money etc) , compared to a minimum of £300M in the same period if you stay in the top flight is plenty of reason to panic.

The generous parachute payments are a big help, but a maximum of around £76M over three years if you are relegated (parachute payments of £47M, £38M & £17M + around £7M per year in TV money etc) , compared to a minimum of £300M in the same period if you stay in the top flight is plenty of reason to panic.

Why aren't Burnley panicking? Why can't most of the other clubs follow their model?

I don't think it was a panic about relegation at this stage. It seems to have just been that de Boer and the club were on totally different planets about how things were done from the very start which really says more about those that appointed him than de Boer himself, unless he was doing things that were completely alien to what was discussed when recruiting him. 

Archived