Premier League 2017-2018

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Clubs are going to vote on ending the summer transfer window next year before the season starts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40931420

Seems like it would be shooting themselves in the foot as European clubs could still buy from them but they wouldn't be able to sign anyone.

15 minutes ago, Co.Down Hibee said:

The only way it would work is if every European club signed up to it and all the league's in Europe kicked off the same time, 

So expect the next step to be for them to ratify the rule, then start grousing about how everyone should follow suit.  Cue smirks from all the other European leagues, and the league to be really upset at the injustice of it all.

Does anyone know why we actually have a transfer window in the first place ?

We seemed to manage pretty well without one for the previous 100 years.............

On 13/08/2017 at 13:53, 8MileBU said:

The Milburn Stand at Newcastle is possibly the most hideous structure in the Premier League.

How so? It's the biggest cantilevered structure in Europe and generally considered impressive to anyone with half a brain.

It would be much better if they painted the seats black and white rather than grey. Admittedly, I don't remember seeing what it looked like from the outside. It would be nice if the away fans were seated within binocular view of the pitch, too.

It would be much better if they painted the seats black and white rather than grey. Admittedly, I don't remember seeing what it looked like from the outside. It would be nice if the away fans were seated within binocular view of the pitch, too.

Looks quite cool from the outside and aye, if they changed the grey seats it'd look better.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Does anyone know why we actually have a transfer window in the first place ?

We seemed to manage pretty well without one for the previous 100 years.............

To  further drive up the prices of this insane horse trading. Then again that's just my opinion and probably not the official FIFA/UEFA line...

2 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Always thought it looks pretty good. 

You are right about the away end being the problem 1 more season of it being up there apparently. 

Always thought it looks pretty good. 
You are right about the away end being the problem 1 more season of it being up there apparently. 

And then what? Last time I was up in the clouds there it was a freezing day outside but the away section was roasting. A bit far away from the action for my liking.

23 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

And then what? Last time I was up in the clouds there it was a freezing day outside but the away section was roasting. A bit far away from the action for my liking.

That was probably the 14 flights of stairs that got your temperature up :lol: 

They have cited segregation issues but they'll need to fork out and accommodate away fans somewhere pitchside. 

That was probably the 14 flights of stairs that got your temperature up [emoji38] 
They have cited segregation issues but they'll need to fork out and accommodate away fans somewhere pitchside. 

Nope. I had recovered from that stroke with a few beers by the time I found my perch.

Andy Robertson has played really well for Liverpool today.  The reds as a team have been a bit anemic in front of goal but Robertson's crossing and defensive positioning has been excellent, he's also had a couple of chances to score.  Hopefully this performance convinces Klopp to play him ahead of bomb scare Moreno on a regular basis

Archived