Massive fire at high rise flats in London

58 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

Look at the good incidents as well and youll see they outnumber the bad. 

People see a c**t on a train but they dont bother with the amount of people who give seats to old folk, or help someone off with their bags. 

If we only look for negatives, thats all we see

I do try and see the good I really do.

I'd love to live in a society where everyone is bending over backwards to help out people in need and people were all equal. Sadly that belongs in fantasy films.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Know what gets me ? The reaction of the khunts in the right-wing press.

They've been bleating on for years about the 'elf and safety' regulations 'imposed' on us by the evil EU. It was part of the 'we must take back control' mantra that appealed to braindead fuckwits during the referendum.

However, this disaster proves that the UK's 'elf and safety' regulations...in this case....completely failed, and now obviously need tightened up.

Not for PC reasons. Not to please tree huggers. Not because of foreign judges. Not because of the EU.

But because these 'elf and safety' regulations, actually save lives.

f**k you, the Daily Mail, the Express, The Telegraph, and all the rest of you bigoted kh*nts.

45 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

Camden. Thats awkward for the people who want to politicize this. A staunch labour ward with the blocks renovated under the Labour government.

Austerity is shite and the tories are arseholes but theyre not to blame for this. Their reaction was shite and cowardly though

Were the Camden flats re-clad before or after the release of the report about the 2009 fire?

There's a big difference fitting dangerous cladding through ignorance rather than fitting it to save cash.

29 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Were the Camden flats re-clad before or after the release of the report about the 2009 fire?

There's a big difference fitting dangerous cladding through ignorance rather than fitting it to save cash.

The 2009 fire wasnt anything to do with cladding, but it was 2006 the Camden flats were clad.

3 hours ago, whiskychimp said:

Camden. Thats awkward for the people who want to politicize this. A staunch labour ward with the blocks renovated under the Labour government.

Austerity is shite and the tories are arseholes but theyre not to blame for this. Their reaction was shite and cowardly though

Where does the council suddenly come up with billets for 800 homes?

I'm obviously upset people have lost their lives, but in some way am glad this is a clear, visual and wide ranging disaster that has drawn attention to the fact the government don't give a shit about poor people

Do you really think it'll make a difference? Politicians are slimy arseholes who'll try and worm their way out of this, and the public are on the whole, stupid, forgetful c***s who will forget about this the next time the Daily Star prints a front page about deadly foreign spiders going on the rampage.
Nothing will change.

5 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:

Do you really think it'll make a difference? Politicians are slimy arseholes who'll try and worm their way out of this, and the public are on the whole, stupid, forgetful c***s who will forget about this the next time the Daily Star prints a front page about deadly foreign spiders going on the rampage.
Nothing will change.

Someone will be the fall guy. That person will resign and 3 months later be hired in a lucrative consultancy role. 

10 hours ago, ayrmad said:

Were they inspected since the report on the 2009 fire would be another question. (Assuming they were clad prior to 2009.)

ETA: Just read WhiskyChimp's post about that fire having nothing to do with the cladding.

Edited by Jacksgranda

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/21/rehousing-of-grenfell-tower-families-in-luxury-block-meets-mixed-response

Nick, (who pays £2,500 a month rent) : “I’m very sad that people have lost their homes, but there are a lot of people here who have bought flats and will now see the values drop."

Priorities, eh.

31 minutes ago, trainspotter said:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/20

17/jun/21/rehousing-of-grenfell-tower-families-in-luxury-block-meets-mixed-response

Nick, (who pays £2,500 a month rent) : “I’m very sad that people have lost their homes, but there are a lot of people here who have bought flats and will now see the values drop."

Priorities, eh.

That made me laugh, actual belly laugh. Its soo off the Dulux Selfish Chart. A Jungle Drums of selfishness, if you will

41 minutes ago, trainspotter said:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/21/rehousing-of-grenfell-tower-families-in-luxury-block-meets-mixed-response

Priorities, eh.

AJ probably has a civil partnership with Enzo.

AJ, who moved into his £2,500-per-month one bedroom flat less than two months ago, said he was neutral about the plan. “I’m Switzerland,” he announced while walking Enzo, his chow chow.

1 hour ago, trainspotter said:

Priorities, eh.

£2,500.00 a month rent? I've never earned that in a month, far less paid it in rent. What sort of take home pay would you have to be on to pay out £2,500.00 in rent a month?

1 minute ago, Jacksgranda said:

£2,500.00 a month rent? I've never earned that in a month, far less paid it in rent. What sort of take home pay would you have to be on to pay out £2,500.00 in rent a month?

Seems if you don't earn a 100K a year in London you must be homeless.

3 hours ago, trainspotter said:

Priorities, eh.

This'll work out well, I'm guessing that's all thats available in a congested area (don't know London well)

3 hours ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Well if you think rent and council tax and leccy would be about 50-55% take home? Maybe hes pushed it a bit to 60%? Id say 5-6k pcm.

Yup. So over 10k before tax. Why is Nick complaining. He's renting. Fucking move

5 hours ago, trainspotter said:

Priorities, eh.

So from a area that voted to remain in the EU and voted in a Corbyn led Labour party.  So that everyone can see how progressive and liberal they are whilst munching on canapes at Oliver's and Jemima's party.  Suddenly it's turned to being unfair that poor brown skinned people will be right on their doorstep.  They probably bought the charity song.  They've suffered enough.

1 hour ago, whiskychimp said:

Why is Nick complaining. He's renting.

That's the bit I don't get. He's more concerned about the value of other people's property than the fact that 79 people are dead. What about the value of human lives?