Lithuania away

Depends. If people are well-behaved and don't act like arseholes then I think it's ok and can add to the atmosphere a wee bit.
Having the Belgians in the home end at Hampden a few years back was no problem at all due to the fact they didn't make themselves a problem. The Poles were terrible. Setting off and chucking flares while in the home end and just acting like arseholes. In the Ireland game at Park Head I thought the atmosphere was pretty poisonous, but it could've been largely avoided if the SFA gave Ireland more tickets.

We were wedged between Poles in that game and there was no trouble at all. If anything, there was some good banter between us.

At the end, everyone just smiled, said 'well played' and we all left.

Mixed crowds aren't an issue imo.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 27/06/2017 at 09:44, pencils said:

Finally managed to get booked up. Flying from Edinburgh via Stockholm

Got myself a match day flight direct to Vilnius from Leeds arriving just after 1. Flying back into Edinburgh via Oslo. 

:rolleyes:

Geographical location limits me to about one away game a year, so I rarely have enough points to qualify for away game tickets through the Supporters' Club. As a result I almost always have to figure out home end solutions. Never had any bother so far. In fact the only bother I have been caught up in was in Italy and that was between factions of their own fans - they left me well alone.

The sale schedule below details when each points level is eligible to buy. After the guaranteed sale, tickets will be made available to each level (subject to availability).
BUY ONLINE AT: tickets.scottishfa.co.uk
Ticket Allocation – 1714
Ticket Price - £22.00 (€25 converted 4 July 2017)
Sale Dates Points Criteria

12 noon on Monday 17 July to 11.59am on Thursday 20 July Exclusive to SSC members with 7 to 10 points

12 noon on Thursday 20 July to 11.59am on Friday 21 July Members with 6 to 10 points (subject to availability)

12 noon on Friday 21 July to 11.59am on Saturday 22 July Members with 5 to 10 points (subject to availability)

12 noon on Saturday 22 July to 11.59am on Sunday 23 July Members with 4 to 10 points (subject to availability)

12 noon on Sunday 23 July to 11.59am on Monday 24 July Members with 3 to 10 points (subject to availability)

12 noon on Monday 24 July to 11.59am Tuesday 25 July Members with 2 to 10 points (subject to availability)

12 noon on Tuesday 25 July to 11.59am on Wednesday 26 July Members with 1 to 10 points (subject to availability)

12 noon on Wednesday 26 July to 11.59am on Monday 31 July Open to all members (subject to availability)

Can't see it going below 6 points, maybe a handful left for 5 pointers on the Friday.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Pampered Adolescent

I went to Skopje in 2008, and there were many of the TA who tried, and failed, to get into the home end. I was one of a handful who did.

Everyone who bought a ticket at the local office was informed that we were buying at our own risk. I guess the Macedonian FA were happy to take the revenue, I think EUR 10 a ticket, ish.

Some 20 to 30% of the TA were kilted up and many were singing the songs of the day; Doe A Deer, Comin' Down The Road, etc., on the march to the stadium. A few people were very drunk, though mostly people were merry, but fine.

I was plain-clothed, armed with decent German, and carrying a Basler Kantonalbank ATM card.

I duly got challenged, and explained in Swiss German that I was just here on holiday, my English is little, here is my bank card, etc. That my skin was the colour of the cross on the Saltire didn't seem to matter. So, I got in.

No-one wearing any tartan got in the home end. I think in the pub debrief afterwards, there were maybe 5 or 10 of us who did get in.

This would be my last away Scotland game. When I analysed the behaviour of the tartan lot, against how recently Macedonia was part of communist Europe, my love for the TA quickly evaporated. Another factor was the muppets at the SFA who allowed the scheduling of a competitive game in central Europe in September = 30+ degrees temperature.

As others have mentioned, act sensibly, and you should stand a chance. Also, eastern Europe has changed a fair bit in the last nine years since my Skopje trip.

PA

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I'm looking forward to it as well as we've obviously not been away since November last year. We're flying out early Tuesday morning from Aberdeen via Riga. Should be there about 1/2 in the afternoon.

Got ticket and counting down,

Early out of Aberdeen at 05.30 on the Thursday - Aberdeen-Frankfurt-Vilnuis arriving 13.30 with only 2 hours in Frankfurt,

Back same route the Sunday, so a day to enjoy in Vilnuis after the match on the Friday.

Back in Aberdeen Sunday lunchtime, enough time to repack bag for Glasgow on the Monday.

All Lufthansa and only £170 the 4 flights. Seriously happy and first beers in Vilnuis mid afternoon Thursday :thumsup2

Archived