Lithuania away

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

what chance would someone who's never been to a Scotland away game have of getting a ticket? have heard of Scotland fans planning on going in the home end

Given the capacity of the stadium I think there could be many members of the supporters club disappointed. 

Email today stated still waiting on confirmation from Lithuania fa regarding ticket allocation. 

I don't know anyone who's been ticket less at an away match miss oot yet though. 

1 hour ago, Blootoon87 said:

Anyone below 8 points has no chance of an away ticket I'd guess. Not sure how easy it would be getting a home end ticket either due to the size of it.

will either need to brush up on my Lithuanian or try Slovenia instead then

2 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

will either need to brush up on my Lithuanian or try Slovenia instead then

You'll have a better chance of a Lithuania home end ticket than an away end ticket for either game or a Slovenian home end ticket should the game mean anything to Slovenia.

If you are in the SSC then you can phone up as soon as away end tickets have sold out and ask to be put on the waiting list for when people cancel after being selected for pick up. They seem to do this in order of when you contact them rather than points order.

5 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Would going in the home end stop Lithuanian supporters getting tickets? How would anyone have felt if England suporters had done that at Hampden last week?

Based on how little Lithuania cares about football and their previous crowds it's incredibly unlikely.

5 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Would going in the home end stop Lithuanian supporters getting tickets? How would anyone have felt if England suporters had done that at Hampden last week?

They're basketball daft and not really that bothered about football.

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'm  not trying at all. Can you not see the double standards being applied?

Are you saying it's ok for any supporter to get tickets from the opposition end?

There's no double standards unless you can find the exact same posters from this thread complaining about the same thing elsewhere. Are you suggesting this or have you seen posts by other posters annoyed at this, applied that to this thread and then created some sort of collective double standards by the forum which is just odd?

I don't care enough either way to say if it's ok or not for any supporter to sit in the opposition end.

So you are happy to break the published rules and for others to so when it suits them?

Depends. If people are well-behaved and don't act like arseholes then I think it's ok and can add to the atmosphere a wee bit.
Having the Belgians in the home end at Hampden a few years back was no problem at all due to the fact they didn't make themselves a problem. The Poles were terrible. Setting off and chucking flares while in the home end and just acting like arseholes. In the Ireland game at Park Head I thought the atmosphere was pretty poisonous, but it could've been largely avoided if the SFA gave Ireland more tickets.

Just now, accies1874 said:

Depends. If people are well-behaved and don't act like arseholes then I think it's ok and can add to the atmosphere a wee bit.
Having the Belgians in the home end at Hampden a few years back was no problem at all due to the fact they didn't make themselves a problem. The Poles were terrible. Setting off and chucking flares while in the home end and just acting like arseholes. In the Ireland game at Park Head I thought the atmosphere was pretty poisonous, but it could've been largely avoided if the SFA gave Ireland more tickets.

So it has potential? Can you guarantee that no Lithuanian hooligans might fancy their chances?

So it has potential? Can you guarantee that no Lithuanian hooligans might fancy their chances?

Absolutely. I'm certain that there'll be pished Scottish fans who'll rub the Lithuania fans up the wrong way. If you go in the end of the opposite team then you have to be prepared to sit on your hands for the duration of the match.

33 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Absolutely. I'm certain that there'll be pished Scottish fans who'll rub the Lithuania fans up the wrong way. If you go in the end of the opposite team then you have to be prepared to sit on your hands for the duration of the match.

I understand the desire completely, but the segregation rules are not very flexible. If you buy a ticket for the home end are those that bought them prepared to be turned away, or get lifted?

Heard there's been bother on both our recent trips to Lithuania. Scotland fans getting jumped or robbed.

Game is in Vilnius this time, so maybe that's a different case to the previous trips to Kaunas, but good luck to anyone planning on going in the home end.

I've only ever sat in the home end once and that was at Cardiff thanks to a mate who was living down there.  They weren't really happy when he went to collect them with his Scottish accent, but with his Welsh address (and Welsh father, not that it matters) they gave him them.  I was very conscious that we weren't amongst friends, and a couple of rows in front there were a group of about 6 fans that looked like they'd missed a few evolutionary steps and promptly picked a fight with a few of their fellow fans (they unfurled a huge banner after a few minutes about a missing kid, and when asked to take it down because no-one could see, they suggested that everyone else supported child murder.  Honestly.).  When we scored, celebrating inwardly obviously, but managed to behave myself.  Unlike a guy on his own in the block across who celebrated wildly and then gave the come ahead to the group in front.  Unfortunately when Bale mugged us off later in the game, said group left their seats and charged at the guy.  They were only stopped by the kettling the stewards were performing around the guy, which remained until he left the stadium.

So I don't see a problem with it if people don't act like complete dicks.  We didn't exactly snap up tickets when they went on sale, so we were taking ones that no-one had been previously interested in.  Don't believe it was a sell-out either.  Got talking to the row in front after the game who were really nice guys (admitted Bale had dived and usually did) and it was a great night out in Cardiff with some others.  

Archived