Lithuania away

1 hour ago, forameus said:

We'll win tonight, pretty confident of it (but then I was confident we'd beat Slovakia away).  I expect we'll get 6 points from the next two games then get a draw at Hampden against Slovakia.  Probably in some hilarious set of circumstances that we'll spend months saying was unlucky, but instead was completely avoidable.

You were confident about that Slovakia game!? 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TheGoon said:

You were confident about that Slovakia game!? 

Believe it or not, I was.  I remember talking to people at work and thinking we might do not bad.

Ended up painting the wee one's nursery that night, and with about half an hour to go I literally spent a better time watching paint dry unevenly than watch us get cuffed.

I can't muster any sort of positivity for this at all. I just cannot see past a low scoring shitfest. I think a 1-1 draw is the best we can hope for. A defeat wouldn't surprise me at all.

Anyone using the England performance as a cause for optimism is deluded, frankly. 

1 minute ago, ekfootball said:

Tough one to call tonight especially at the centre of defence. I can see wee Strachan going for the below.

Gordon

Tierney Hanley Mulgrew Robertson

McArthur Brown

Forrest Armstrong Snodgrass

Griffiths

It should be... 

Gordon 

Tierney  Martin  Mulgrew  Robertson 

Morrison  Brown 

Snodgrass  Armstrong  Ritchie 

Griffiths

2 hours ago, forameus said:

Believe it or not, I was.  I remember talking to people at work and thinking we might do not bad.

Ended up painting the wee one's nursery that night, and with about half an hour to go I literally spent a better time watching paint dry unevenly than watch us get cuffed.

I was till I seen the line up that night, sticks with me today I recon there was a bust up of some sort as team selection that night was just mind boggling madness

I think we'll win 1-0 in an appalling game with some absolute random like Russell Martin scoring the only goal.

That's the one. A scuffed, horrible semi own goal by a defender in the 87th minute after a panicky performance. Enough to keep the torment going till Monday.

1 hour ago, naegoodinthedark said:

Fancy an absolutely honking, demoralising 1-1 draw. Wee Chesney to be happy, coz it's not a must win game, is it?
Slovakia to win the other game as well. D'you know what, yer better off watching masterchef.

^^^ kens the score  :(

1 hour ago, ekfootball said:

Tough one to call tonight especially at the centre of defence. I can see wee Strachan going for the below.

Gordon

Tierney Hanley Mulgrew Robertson

McArthur Brown

Forrest Armstrong Snodgrass

Griffiths

This. Strachan has said that all six Celtic players will play tonight. For me, only Gordon, Tierney and (possibly) Griffiths should start.

Snodgrass would be a huge risk given his lack of game time this season. Phillips and either Fraser or Ritchie should start on the wings. Morrison should partner McArthur in midfield.

10 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

DIp72dCXkAAtxiI.jpg

It's a pretty sad indictmnet of Scottish Football if Charlie Mulgrew and Christophe Berra re considered the best centre halves

Not the best, just that Gordon thinks they are. TBF would have they two rather than Grant Hanley

11 minutes ago, Chimter-boys said:

Not the best, just that Gordon thinks they are. TBF would have they two rather than Grant Hanley

That's more my point, I mean who else would be good enough to play centre-back?  Hanley is unreliable, Martin is not a natural CB, and then you are getting into the Stephen Kinglsey, Gordon Greer, Danny Wilson, Andy Considine, Mark Reynolds crew which is just as terrifying.   

Archived