cup finals and programmes

bravehearts

do junior clubs when being awarded one of the cup competition finals see it as a bit of prestige or a chore?i only ask as it seems like too many of them can,t be arsed producing a programme.not asking much for an 8 page black and white photocopy effort.point in case was at bathgate on saturday where there was maybe around 750 and not even a teamsheet.

Depends how much notice there is of the participants.

Pollok produced a (neutral) programme for the WoSC final despite only knowing 2 and a bit days beforehand who our opponents would be.

Both the finalists in the ETC were only known similar time before the final at Benburb. That's really far too little time to produce a decent publication.

I doubt anyone at Junior level is capable of producing 200-odd copies of anything meaningful for a Saturday final not involving their own club when the finalists were only confirmed on the Wednesday night, especially as one of the host clubs - Benburb - no longer produce programmes.

1 minute ago, archieb said:

Depends how much notice there is of the participants.

Pollok produced a (neutral) programme for the WoSC final despite only knowing 2 and a bit days beforehand who our opponents would be.

Both the finalists in the ETC were only known similar time before the final at Benburb. That's really far too little time to produce a decent publication.

I prepared opposition profiles for both potential opponents about 2 weeks out!

At this time of season a lot of programme editors will be on holiday, printers on holiday, short notice with Semi finals 1 week or less before a cup final for example if I was to do a programme for Ayrshire Cup Final @ Meadow Park I'd have to have done it in 1 or 2 nights for printers and also somehow produced a new front cover too as our front covers are Meadow related. Way too many obstacles to make it a worthy programme that I'd be happy to sell for £1.50. Plus got so many other things to do in a cup final with two gates open, tickets, raffles and catering that programmes just unfortunately wont be a priority unless someone is off work and can produce it.

Well done to clubs and individuals who can produce them at such short notice as will be a massive effort to do so.

32 minutes ago, bravehearts said:

a4 page with squads and folded in half not asking too much?if clubs can,t make any sort of effort to please fans then why should fans support the junior game.

Maybe one or both of the competing clubs could have made the effort?  or maybe the Region?

Archived