Bonnyrigg Rose 2017-18

bravehearts dad

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ref had an interesting game to say the least.

I was fairly sure he booked the Beith Number 10 twice, once in the first half and again in the 2nd. Anyone else think that?

After booking him for what I thought was the 2nd time the female lino called him over. I thought to point that out but after a quick chat he just shook his head and run off.

Having said that Bonnyrigg's indiscipline after the penalty cost them. No need to keep the verbals going like that. Experienced players who should know better.

The ref let beith off with a couple of blatant second yellows then pulled out the straight reds. He was inconsistent all the way through so it was no shock that it ended the way it did.

the second of the five straight reds issued to Bonnyrigg was stupid and possibly cost us a replay but the tone had been set.

not a single red to the beith players for their cowardly and snide post match attacks - yep I think the ref knew the game for him was up at that point.

The game was there for the taking but we couldn't see it out, disappointing way to lose and some piss poor refereeing but the manager made his choices and on this occasion I think he got it wrong in terms of substitutions, Turner for Gray was questionable (unless he was injured) but the lad from East Fife should have been given the last 25 minutes at least.

Still its the middle of February and that's our first defeat, just need to cobble a team together for next week from those who aren't suspended.

9 minutes ago, BS7 said:

The ref let beith off with a couple of blatant second yellows then pulled out the straight reds. He was inconsistent all the way through so it was no shock that it ended the way it did.

the second of the five straight reds issued to Bonnyrigg was stupid and possibly cost us a replay but the tone had been set.

not a single red to the beith players for their cowardly and snide post match attacks - yep I think the ref knew the game for him was up at that point.

Whits all this about 5 reds?

3 minutes ago, happy said:

Whits all this about 5 reds?

2 minutes ago, Gimme said:

2 sent off during the game and seemingly 3 more after the final whistle (although I only saw Kerr Young being carded at the end)

That’s about it - will need to see the highlights for what the first was for - presumably the beith player dived. The second was for a comment to the ref after the non penalty award, and three in the post match melee. 

Beith smelt blood as the ref buckled under the pressure.

35 minutes ago, BS7 said:

That’s about it - will need to see the highlights for what the first was for - presumably the beith player dived. The second was for a comment to the ref after the non penalty award, and three in the post match melee. 

Beith smelt blood as the ref buckled under the pressure.

At least not all supporters from Bonnyrigg are as blinkered as you. You had the quality to have won that game but what chance when your own bench are giving it "get it up you gestures" to the Beith bench when you scored your penalty. They then assaulted a Beith player when he celebrated from the bench. Your player started the melee on the pitch at the end, dont know what his name was but red headed.  All will come out in the wash and then maybe you can see the true picture instead of blaming the referee

3 minutes ago, Mighty Good said:

At least not all supporters from Bonnyrigg are as blinkered as you. You had the quality to have won that game but what chance when your own bench are giving it "get it up you gestures" to the Beith bench when you scored your penalty. They then assaulted a Beith player when he celebrated from the bench. Your player started the melee on the pitch at the end, dont know what his name was but red headed.  All will come out in the wash and then maybe you can see the true picture instead of blaming the referee

If you think the outcome of the game merited a five zero red card count then I’d suggest it’s you that needs to take the blinkers off.

we’ll see when the highlights go up, but I see a dreary predictable narrative developing.

Just now, manintheknow said:

In the junior cup. Talbot coming to the boil at the business end.

I think talbot will be the clear favourites now, I’m sure they’re not scared of beith or Kirkintilloch RR. Fine sporting margins though; both the roses had positions to see out their ties today and failed to. 

The Bonnyrigg players disgraced themselves today. Should've been able to see the game out. Brett kicking out at the beith player needlessly and then experienced players swarming the referee when there was no way he was changing his Mind. Penalty decision at the end looked wrong to me but could see that the beith player was looking for it. Didn't see the nonsense at the end

Archived