Bonnyrigg Rose 2017-18

bravehearts dad

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Gimme said:

http://www.bonnyriggrosefc.co.uk/teams/118321/news/horn-departs-new-dundas-park-for-shielfield-1965630.html

Disappointing but not unexpected, to be honest I think most of us thought he would move on in the summer.

Surprised Berwick took so long to offer Robbie the post. Thought he would have been there at the start of the season.

Good manager in the making and hope he is a success at Berwick!

Thank you Robbie Horn for your excellent but too short tenure as coach of  the "Big Rose". For me the last two seasons have been fantastic. Great journey, great matches great players. My gut feeling is that the Big Rose are a better football team than Berwick Rangers, but I understand your ambition to manage at a higher level.

Good Luck Robbie and Davie.

22 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

Thank you Robbie Horn for your excellent but too short tenure as coach of  the "Big Rose". For me the last two seasons have been fantastic. Great journey, great matches great players. My gut feeling is that the Big Rose are a better football team than Berwick Rangers, but I understand your ambition to manage at a higher level.

Good Luck Robbie and Davie.

I Y D!!

If that was the case then Robbie Horn would have stayed put!

Berwick Rangers has far more potential than Bonnyrigg ever will, and that is why Robbie will have gone there.

All the best to Robbie.

4 minutes ago, Toffee fan said:

I Y D!!

If that was the case then Robbie Horn would have stayed put!

Berwick Rangers has far more potential than Bonnyrigg ever will, and that is why Robbie will have gone there.

All the best to Robbie.

Note I mention the word team. Not denying they are a bigger club which has more potential.

There is no way I am entering into a slagging match with you re the situation.

10 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

Note I mention the word team. Not denying they are a bigger club which has more potential.

10 minutes ago, bravehearts dad said:

Happy not to have a slagging match with you, and you have every right to say as you do. But unless your team play Berwick you will never know for sure.

Robbie came to Bonnyrigg, to gain experience as a manager in his own right, having previous been asst manager at Berwick. Bonnyrigg made a great choice, and he was been nothing but a success with your team.

When I watched Bonnyrigg play Dunbarton last season, it was the best performance by a Junior team that I had ever seen! However, bet you any money, Robbie, came down to Junior football to prove what a good manager he was, and after two years, he has got his wish by returning as Berwick manager. I am surprised that another senior club didn't come for him earlier. I still think that a good Berwick side would beat a good Bonnyrigg side.

Best of luck tae Robbie & Co at Berwick,as for Johnny Harvie his name might well be in the frame along wae others he's got of tae a great start at Penicuik,play the Rose on Saturday so he can have a good look at them first hand,it's all hearsay for now,all the best to whoever gets it

Best of luck tae Robbie & Co at Berwick,as for Johnny Harvie his name might well be in the frame along wae others he's got of tae a great start at Penicuik,play the Rose on Saturday so he can have a good look at them first hand,it's all hearsay for now,all the best to whoever gets it

Week on Saturday mate wee trip to Dundee this week be some first game for him next week if he was to get it tho [emoji23]

Congratulations to Robbie Horn - always good to see a young manager get recognition and a move into the seniors.

Devils advocate now!!

Is his recognition down to his senior background as much as his managerial abilities?  Yes he has done well - but was never someone who (for me) overly impressed - Bonnyrigg are a team with good facilities/budgets etc - so almost by default expected to do well.

Watched Ray McKinnon go from Lochee to Dundee Utd -  the man was a classless oaf at Lochee with limited ability - so was shocked to see his rise in the game seems name related.

Archived