Best - Worst Elections

Im_Rodger

Best

1997 was just absolute scenes all over the place. Big name Tories being emptied up and down the country and for the first time there was a real sense of optimism. It turned out that Blair and Labour were almost as corrupt as the Tories but never mind. Highlights included Portillo, Mellor, Currie and a load of Tory Ministers losing their seats, however the best by far was Neil Hamilton losing one of the safest seats in the country to Independent anti-sleaze campaigner Martin Bell. Incredible to think this was 20 years ago now. 

2015 of course only just loses out by virtue of 1997 being a nationwide humiliation for the Tories. Watching the Scottish electorate administer shoeing after to shoeing to SLab was absolutely brilliant. The look of utter seethe in the various TV studios from the yoon parties as the SNP won seat after seat with huge majorities was a joy to behold. My favourites were seeing that c**t Magrit Curran being binned, closely followed by Mhairi Black destroying Douglas Alexander. Glorious. 

Worst

1992 - My memories of it are pretty hazy, partly because it was fucking ages ago, and partly because I spent a significant part of that period on various Class B substances. I do remember the crushing disappointment of the Tories winning after a forlorn feeling of hope that Labour might end what seemed an eternity of Tory rule. 

I'm pretty late into the whole politics thing, so best and worst is probably 2015 on it's own. :P

On one hand you had the Tory majority which was pretty horrific, but on the other, there was the stunning demolition job the SNP did on the rest. Had no idea how to feel about that.

Archived