Whitehill welfare

magoo

To be fair there’s been some very tough fixtures in there.

4 games left and all at home. No gimmie’s out there but Gala, Selkirk, Hawick, and even BSC are all winnable home ties. I’d be looking for 7pts minimum from those games.

I’ll be taking my annual Welfare game in in midweek v Selkirk so will try be a lucky charm!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/04/2018 at 11:39, Jamesw said:

8 losses in a row now after another poor performance. 

Hawick apart can we win again this season 

Looking at your post history seems someone may have an agenda here?

Looking at the games they have played EK twice, Spartans, East Stirling and Gretna away as someone has said that’s a tough run for any team.

13 minutes ago, Display said:

Looking at your post history seems someone may have an agenda here?

Looking at the games they have played EK twice, Spartans, East Stirling and Gala away as someone has said that’s a tough run for any team.

kilby. east stirling. vale. spartans. dalbeattie. gretna. kilby. uni. thats the 8 defeats. finished 8th with bingham

2 hours ago, Jamesw said:

kilby. east stirling. vale. spartans. dalbeattie. gretna. kilby. uni. thats the 8 defeats. finished 8th with bingham

With double the budget

9 hours ago, Bundesliga Boy said:

To be fair there’s been some very tough fixtures in there.

4 games left and all at home. No gimmie’s out there but Gala, Selkirk, Hawick, and even BSC are all winnable home ties. I’d be looking for 7pts minimum from those games.

I’ll be taking my annual Welfare game in in midweek v Selkirk so will try be a lucky charm!

BB I know on their day most teams in the Lowland can beat anyone but how can you compare us with Gala, Selkirk & Hawick? Welfare may well beat BSC but it's more likely to be down to Saturday's results not going our way and the game being a dead rubber than anything else. I don't mean any disrespect to Whitehill, but I do think we're significantly better that the other teams you mention. However football is all about opinions. Hopefully you'll get the result your looking for v Selkirk.

12 minutes ago, Jerry Macguire said:

BB I know on their day most teams in the Lowland can beat anyone but how can you compare us with Gala, Selkirk & Hawick? Welfare may well beat BSC but it's more likely to be down to Saturday's results not going our way and the game being a dead rubber than anything else. I don't mean any disrespect to Whitehill, but I do think we're significantly better that the other teams you mention. However football is all about opinions. Hopefully you'll get the result your looking for v Selkirk.

I think you may be taking this a bit too personally. The joys of youth I guess.

About a month ago I got abuse for daring to suggest the title was between Spartans and EK. Low and behold I was right - and it appears BSC may not even finish third. No one on your team felt compelled to jump in and say I was right. 

Go back and read my post again. At no point did I compare BSC to Hawick or whomever! I just said that all 4 four home games were winnable and that I’d expect a minimum 7 points. So realistically I’m saying it’s not impossible to get a draw at home to BSC - is that really that far fetched? Even if it doesn’t materialise? 

6 hours ago, Bundesliga Boy said:

I think you may be taking this a bit too personally. The joys of youth I guess.

About a month ago I got abuse for daring to suggest the title was between Spartans and EK. Low and behold I was right - and it appears BSC may not even finish third. No one on your team felt compelled to jump in and say I was right. 

Go back and read my post again. At no point did I compare BSC to Hawick or whomever! I just said that all 4 four home games were winnable and that I’d expect a minimum 7 points. So realistically I’m saying it’s not impossible to get a draw at home to BSC - is that really that far fetched? Even if it doesn’t materialise? 

As I say BB its all about opinions. I hope it wasn't me giving you the abuse you mentioned. If it was then I apologise, my posts are not intended to offend anyone.  Let's not finish on a negative. We've had a wonderful season no matter if we  stay 4th or do indeed finish 3rd and I'm very much looking forward to our visit to Rosewell  for our final league game of the season.

1 minute ago, Jamesw said:

No agenda just want us to be better.

is anything i have said wrong? we’ve lost 8 games in a row and we finished 8th with Bingham . Both factually right.

I’ve answered that already on here a couple of weeks ago. Agenda.  

22 hours ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Took a long overdue trip to Rosewell today and saw a cracking game. Welfare scored twice in the first few minutes and it was competitive throughout. Really enjoyed the day

https://piesontheterraces.wordpress.com/2018/04/14/whitehill-welfare-v-gala-fairydean-rovers/

Great to hear people coming back from the football at this level having had a really good day and full of positive comments rather than try down people and clubs who are giving a lot to the cause for little reward at this level.

Good to see the welfare back to winning ways, also worth noting I see yesterday’s game was the gala managers last match in charge, good luck to him he’s served the club well.

On 12/04/2018 at 11:39, Jamesw said:

8 losses in a row now after another poor performance. 

Hawick apart can we win again this season 

I think yer question has been answered....

You on yer hols Jamesie, no heard from ye in a while. 

Hope yer ok :thumsup2

7 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Good win sat and safe for now.

still not convinced with small.

39 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Saturday clearly didn’t fit his agenda Newky :lol: 

36 minutes ago, Jamesw said:

Good win sat and safe for now.

still not convinced with small.

Safety was never a doubt imo bud. 

I'm still no convinced 2nd bottom is going doon anyways. 

Judge Gary next season after a bit more experience at this level :o

I don't blame manager in any shape or form for this season considering the lack of players we started with. Yer man might have led us to 8th last season but left us on bones of oor arse player wise.  Now I'm no expert but surely carrying on from last season you'd think the previous regime would've had something in place. 

Not sure what yer expectations are but this is a very tough league with teams wi a lot more budgets than ww above us and its gonnae get even tougher in the next few seasons wi the Juniors revolution imo. 

A bit of luck with draws and a cup competition might no be beyond us but we are way behind getting a top 4 place. 

For now but who knows what's round the corner...... 

Archived