Stuart Armstrong

SlayerX

He made the right decision, one his ability would normally prove correct. 

A lifetime of regret ? 

hardly - there were many points before this one that made qualification almost impossible (a big one being the appointment of WGS)

He made the right decision, one his ability would normally prove correct. 
A lifetime of regret ? 
hardly - there were many points before this one that made qualification almost impossible (a big one being the appointment of WGS)

A lifetime of regret, no way. The man made a mistake. He's tried the more difficult of two pretty easy passes (or just f**k the ball in to the crowd). It was late in the game, mistakes happy when folk are tired.
It was in no way the right decision. The ball to the left was the easier pass. Give it left and keep running, get it back and give it right if we don't go for the corner. There was no need to try play right.
A sloppy mistake made by a tired player. These things happen. Takes the heat of his club mate Gordon who was very suspect at the first.

He's been excellent all season and absolutely cigared the Slovenia game at home, and he was fine on Saturday playing against far better than what he's used to.  I'd level the blame more at Gordon and Mulgrew, there was ample time for the defence to get organised for the cross coming in from Sterling.

Absolutely.  If you were going to go that far back, may as well blame whoever it was that didn't lump it long before it got to Armstrong.  He made a mistake, but what happened after was supremely avoidable.  Gordon has to take most of the blame for me, followed by Mulgrew.

Wouldn't blame Armstrong.....well not too much it was obviously an error....the blame is more with the centre halves and everyone else who just walked out of the box as if the job was done.

Heard Gordon taking some blame for the second goal too but I don't agree with that either, although the rest of the game he was poor.

Don't shoot the messenger, I only posted the link to what he said. ;)

I do think, however, he should've been in the squad long ago (Same with Cairney), Would've it have meant that his mistake didn't happen? Maybe not, but at least he'd be more experienced at international level.

And for what it's worth, he'll be thinking about it all summer.

42 minutes ago, SlayerX said:

Don't shoot the messenger, I only posted the link to what he said. ;)

I do think, however, he should've been in the squad long ago (Same with Cairney), Would've it have meant that his mistake didn't happen? Maybe not, but at least he'd be more experienced at international level.

And for what it's worth, he'll be thinking about it all summer.

Good player.

He`ll be fine once he rifles home the winner away to Italy in the play-off match 2nd leg.

Our new 3 at the back system will see us reach previously unimagined success. ;)

There's no blame on Armstrong. A cross from forty yards out shouldn't be ending with a striker getting a free hit from six yards out

Just now, Distant Doonhamer said:

Good player.

He`ll be fine once he rifles home the winner away to Italy in the play-off match 2nd leg.

Our new 3 at the back system will see us reach previously imagined success. ;)

Agreed,

Oh, absolutely, with out 3 at the back system it'll not only get us a point against England, it'll also win us the World cup and European championships, and the world is our Haggis... ;)

2 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Could've given us some warning that the link was to that scummy paper.

I didn't even notice.

I've altered the first post and just kept in the gist of what Armstrong said.

19 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

There's no blame on Armstrong. A cross from forty yards out shouldn't be ending with a striker getting a free hit from six yards out

Exactly this. It was virtually a Garryowen into the box. Gordon starts off at the 6 yard line and then retreats. He should be cleaning Kane out at the very least (man and ball obv), if he's not going to come for the ball before it reaches Kane.

And what's all this chat about passing to Martin or putting it into row z? I think Armstrong really should be hitting the target from there, making Joe Hart work a bit.

On 2017-6-12 at 14:47, TheScarf said:

He's been excellent all season and absolutely cigared the Slovenia game at home, and he was fine on Saturday playing against far better than what he's used to.  I'd level the blame more at Gordon and Mulgrew, there was ample time for the defence to get organised for the cross coming in from Sterling.

Mulgrew is at fault for me. Not once does he look behind him to see who's there, he just hopes that Tierney is covering him. The ball comes from a fair distance too and he just jogs back letting the ball float over his head. Yeah, Armstrong should've played the ball left but we still had 10 players behind the ball when the cross came in and nobody was picking up the best striker in Britain. For all WGS gets it tight from fans, he can't do much when his players switch off in the last minute against our biggest rival.

The chain of events began with Armstrong's error.

If he did what any player would've done at the time, then we would've gotten 3 points.

He made a mistake, he's only human. Yes, Mulgrew also made a mistake, but he wouldn't been in that situation if Armstrong put his laces through the ball.

Upwards and onwards,

On 2017-6-12 at 15:24, NorthernJambo said:

My initial reaction was Gordon should have come for the across. After the replays I thought it was maybe a bit harsh to blame him. I blame him for the first, and he was pretty rotten throughout.

Poor lad doesn't see much action playing for Celtic. He could lean against the post and smoke his pipe for most of the games.

Archived