Worst pub in Scotland

3 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Alas Tams Bar (aka The Rising Sun is currently shut).

Tams bar away? Sad times, only ever been in twice after playing them on a Sunday, I knew most of the lads but still quite the experience. 

I usually drink in The Scottie or Broadfields. Been in plenty worse boozers than those two.
Scotties is a quiet pub. Occasionally get some nonsense going on in Broadfields, but it's usually just handbags.
Eta: Giovanni's is the chippy, which is one of the best in Edinburgh.

I've drank in broadies a few times, a few of our customers are locals, so I never get any bother. And theyve got a pie oven.

5 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Eta: Giovanni's is the chippy, which is one of the best in Edinburgh.

Went in there one lunchtime for a bag of chips. They were busy cooking the biggest pieces of fish that I think I have ever seen. There must have been at least 40 of them in the top cabinet and they were still putting more into the fryers. Turns out they were a freebie Christmas treat for the local old folks home. Top place. (Or plaice)

Whenever one of these threads appears I wonder why none of you just drink at home. It's much cheaper and apparently much safer and with a nicer décor.

I have done this since being about your age with a similar outlook to you as I couldn't justify the expense of going out every weekend when my money could go to better things. Still happy to stop in for a pint or two for the football but I just can't afford a pub lifestyle nowadays, I don't think many people earning modest money can either.

My old local (RIP) in Fife treaded a fine line between terror and excellence. The missus would occasionally have to come round and chap the windows at 2am to drag me away from the scintillating chat and piles of corned beef sandwiches.