Worst pub in Scotland

5 minutes ago, Darren said:

It's not even in the top ten shittest pubs in the north of Edinburgh. What a bizarre suggestion.

Agreed, although I've not been in since it was full of students before the college moved.

1 minute ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

No it wasn't.

I'm sure the one you've mentioned is just a Hearts supporters club. The issue is probably the clientele rather than the pub itself.

There probably is no problem at all, i am hardly ever in that area but it just looks pretty intimidating with the prison looming behind it! Think the one you are thinking of is just called the Longstone. 

10 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Is this the (old)Prison officers Club at the roundabout of Inglis Green Road and Murrayburn you are thinking of ?

Used to go there for a midweek disco in the late 70's when Punk was all the rage. Place probably saw more fights than the actual prison. One guy ran into the bus depot across the road and grabbed a 3 foot long wrench and cracked some poor sod over the head with it. Happy days.

How could I forget Joanna Dee's, just next to the Parkhead Forge.

Been closed for over a decade due to a fire rumoured to be gangster connected, our bus used to park accross from it many years ago before games at CP, it had a TV behind the bar in a fucking cage as the barmaid explained the previous two had pint tumblers lobbed at them, on my first (and last) pre match pint in there I saw a guy smoking heroin off a bit of tinfoil in the toilet. 

10 minutes ago, supermik said:

Used to go there for a midweek disco in the late 70's when Punk was all the rage. Place probably saw more fights than the actual prison. One guy ran into the bus depot across the road and grabbed a 3 foot long wrench and cracked some poor sod over the head with it. Happy days.

Aye, it's some place. Looks desolate as f**k from outside, with the field and the prison behind.

Currently building some new houses there now.

Formerly a thriving, vibrant boozer in my youth, Newtown Bar in Bo'ness had turned into one helluva shite-hole around the time I moved out the town up to Falkirk. Think there was more coke being snorted off the bar than there was pints being served over it.

13 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

How could I forget Joanna Dee's, just next to the Parkhead Forge.

Been closed for over a decade due to a fire rumoured to be gangster connected, our bus used to park accross from it many years ago before games at CP, it had a TV behind the bar in a fucking cage as the barmaid explained the previous two had pint tumblers lobbed at them, on my first (and last) pre match pint in there I saw a guy smoking heroin off a bit of tinfoil in the toilet. 

Ah the good old Netherfield Bar aka the Nerry.

One of the two or three small "dance halls" in the East End. Put a dance hall in the lounge and a ghetto blaster and apply for a late night licence. There was another one in an industrial estate in Shettleston. As long you didn't bump into the local warlord you were fine.

Drink a beer after midnight in the East End on Tuesday. It was almost Benidormesque.

Edited by Glenconner

Theres a pub called Oceana just off Ferry Road near Pitt street that is always busy and seems like a bit of a bear pit, i have never ben in but would like to know whether or not its a shit hole.

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

Theres a pub called Oceana just off Ferry Road near Pitt street that is always busy and seems like a bit of a bear pit, i have never ben in but would like to know whether or not its a shit hole.

A bit rough but I've only been in for the odd pint during the day. Been past a few times at night and always looks quite lively.

4 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

A bit rough but I've only been in for the odd pint during the day. Been past a few times at night and always looks quite lively.

It seems like its quite hostile though, i like a lively pub but something about it has put me off sneaking in for a quick pint. There was a rape not far away from there last night!

25 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Formerly a thriving, vibrant boozer in my youth, Newtown Bar in Bo'ness had turned into one helluva shite-hole around the time I moved out the town up to Falkirk. Think there was more coke being snorted off the bar than there was pints being served over it.

*Must resist urge to ask what pub Tony drinks in*

25 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

What pub does Tony drink in?