'Colt Clubs' & The Democratic Principle

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Anyone heard anything back from their club? Like I keep saying it only needs 11 clubs to reject it.

Arbroath will definitely be one.

How many clubs in the lower leagues are fan owned or have strong fan representation on the board? I'd like to think they'll all vote against it.

Get Colt teams tae f**k. Pretty unanimous from St Mirren supporters. Hopefully the fans' group buying the Club will canvas their membership and present it to the current Board as our official response.

26 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

Get Colt teams tae f**k. Pretty unanimous from St Mirren supporters. Hopefully the fans' group buying the Club will canvas their membership and present it to the current Board as our official response.

The SMiSA director on the board says he plans to do just that.

My fear is that the fans of lower league clubs will be against the idea but the folk running the clubs will be in favour, which will cause a lot of problems.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Arbroath. St Mirren. Cmon lads 9 more.

Unless I've missed it we haven't said whether we're for or against colt teams.

This, with knobs on.

You can see them trying to spin the idea that an OF colt team will attract a travelling support plus locals who live in the area but follow an OF club. Extra 4 big gates a season.

Some things are worth more than money. Fans need to be strong and oppose this colt nonsense

I notice that the Youth teams will now be able to play Championship clubs in the first round of the Diddy Cup.

Clearly an attempt to increase attendances by playing.

A boycott is needed. It might be the only way some clubs will listen

I'm worried about Morton's stance.

I'd really hope that Celtic using Cappielow and us doing quite well out of loan deals from them won't see our own stance influenced, but I've got a horrible feeling money will talk.

I made the point on the Morton forum the other week that I'd like to see the Supporters' Trust making noises towards the club and they've since asked the fans' views on their Facebook page, but it's time they got a lot more vocal and put pressure on the club to reject the moves.

If the fan owned clubs like St Mirren, Stirling, Clyde backed this without consulting fans it would be suicide. Smisa at St Mirren have said they'd canvas fans and that'll likely come back with a big support for rejecting this idea.

I think there has to be a solid stance from clubs that we do not want this. When the challenge cup fixtures come out I'd like to see any club playing a Colt to have very low attendance turn outs. If St Mirren are one I won't be there for sure.

So many people have said they'd walk away if the Colt idea comes to. Can completely understand this and surely any spfl bribe to smaller clubs won't be enough to financially compensate losing fans.

If giving the U20s participation in the irn bru cup will shut them up about let them stay in it. Keep them no where near the SPFL League set up though

Nope, it's a stepping stone to league participation.

We need to boycott ALL U20 games, or this will happen.

Archived