The bigger picture

Donathan

16 hours ago, kenny131 said:

We will beat slovakia at Hampden and England will beat slovakia. If we win away at Lithuania is very much on in my opinion it will all be on the away match at Slovenia. We had shite start to the group but we are no push overs at Hampden 6 points in our next 2 then I believe we will go into slovakia game with a packed out hampden and get the win we need. It will be a winner takes all in our last game to finish 2nd

Verging on delusion with the ' we will beat Slovakia ' at Hampden line.  Haven't you seen Scotland recently?

We have beaten one team that wasn't Malta or Gibraltar since November 2014.   That was 4th seeds Slovenia at home, with a late winner.   There is simply no reason to believe we have what it takes to go to Lithuania and win and then follow that up with beating Slovakia at home, a side who are quite clearly far better than us.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Lex said:

Verging on delusion with the ' we will beat Slovakia ' at Hampden line.  Haven't you seen Scotland recently?

We have beaten one team that wasn't Malta or Gibraltar since November 2014.   That was 4th seeds Slovenia at home, with a late winner.   There is simply no reason to believe we have what it takes to go to Lithuania and win and then follow that up with beating Slovakia at home, a side who are quite clearly far better than us.

Just my opinion no need to have a meltdown, I believe we will beat them.

32 minutes ago, virginton said:

You got horsed by a much better team - those are simply piss-poor excuses.

They are considerably better than Scotland. As shown by their best players being far better than the English Championship dross in the Scotland team, the fact that they horsed Scotland in the last meeting between the sides and the fact that they both qualify for and progress from the group stages of international tournaments. An outcome that no Scotland side has ever achieved, and tournaments that Scotland have failed to qualify for over fully twenty years. 

If Slovakia secure a win at home to Slovenia then they will be progressing to the World Cup again; Scotland aren't even in the running. 

I classify myself as Scottish but don't give a shit about the international team; as opposed to the ninety minute nationalists in the gormless Tartan Army who in all their other actions choose to be north British.

When idiots like yourself peddle claims about the standard of opposition then it will be pointed and laughed at on an open forum like P and B. And so here we are. If you have a problem with this then feel free to post your drivel on the TAMB instead. 

So your on the scotland team forum to troll by your own words. You seem a nice chap with full filled life.

4 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

Just my opinion no need to have a meltdown, I believe we will beat them.

:lol:

Where do you think we will finish?

1 minute ago, Lex said:

:lol:

Deluded.

I may well be, but as long as we still have a chance I will believe we can do it. A little belief never hurts anyone. Why can't this be the time we actually throw some results together. I've seen a shite NI team on paper go years without a win then same players with a little bit of belief go on to great things. You just never know what's around the corner.

8 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

So your on the scotland team forum to troll by your own words.

The only person who could possibly be trolling is the one who thinks that Scotland are in any way a match for Slovakia, despite all the facts to the contrary. Perhaps if you 'buh-leeeeeev!' long enough then that'll make up for a lack of quality and basic competence - it's only been a nineteen year strategy with f**k all to show for it after all.

You seem a nice chap with full filled life.

You seem like (and are) an absolute moron tbh. 

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

The only person who could possibly be trolling is the one who thinks that Scotland are in any way a match for Slovakia, despite all the facts to the contrary. Perhaps if you 'buh-leeeeeev!' long enough then that'll make up for a lack of quality and basic competence - it's only been a nineteen year strategy with f**k all to show for it after all.

You seem like (and are) an absolute moron tbh. 

You seem an angry chap, have you thought about medication. Being an Internet troll does not seem to be helping you. 

While I doubt we will win all games, and that Slovakia will be a very, very tough game, I'm not sure why people seem so aggressively adamant that we won't.  

For what it's worth, I expect we'll win unspectacularly in Vilnius and beat Malta at home to send us into October with hope.  Then we'll either draw or get beat by Slovakia making the Slovenia away game largely academic.  If we beat Slovakia, I doubt Slovenia will be quite as bad as they were at Hampden, and we'll drop points there.  

11 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

You seem an angry chap, have you thought about medication. Being an Internet troll does not seem to be helping you. 

Seconded.

He's considerably angry that his considerable opinions are't being considerably considered..

Also, he uses the word considerably a LOT.

Wait till he learns the word "trope" and "hyperbole", he'll be insufferable... even more so.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

I classify myself as Scottish but don't give a shit about the international team; 

OK. I never fail to impress myself, I called you a humourless moaner, and you are. Not only that, but you're dedicating your time to something that you, and I quote, "don't give a shit about".

That's so sad.

Personally speaking, my time is much to precious to be used up talking and debating about something that I "don't give a shit about".

Maybe you need a hobby? I'm not kidding.

22 minutes ago, kenny131 said:

You're an absolute moron though so it's not surprising that you got that all wrong as well. 

Just now, virginton said:

You're an absolute moron though so it's not surprising that you got that all wrong as well. 

And by the way, coming from a purely psychological standpoint, when you begin insulting people, you've lost the battle.

Just now, SlayerX said:

Personally speaking, my time is much to precious to be used up talking and debating about something that I "don't give a shit about".

Just because I don't support Scotland doesn't make the delusions of TA fanboys any less hilarious. Swing and a miss. 

Just now, SlayerX said:

And by the way, coming from a purely psychological standpoint, when you begin insulting people, you've lost the battle.

Given that you're almost certainly not qualified to comment on psychological matters, I'll file that advice in the bin where it belongs. 

Thanks for playing anyway. 

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

Given that you're almost certainly not qualified to comment on psychological matters, I'll file that advice in the bin where it belongs. 

Thanks for playing anyway. 

And how, pray tell, would you be aware of that?

The fact that you say that you're "better" than people on your profile is psychologically delicious, in itself. It's easy to put up a wall and act superior online, isn't it? :)

5 minutes ago, virginton said:

Just because I don't support Scotland doesn't make the delusions of TA fanboys any less hilarious. Swing and a miss. 

Actually, it makes it... strange.

It's akin to me going to an Old Firm forum and discussing their issues and topics of the day. 

It's a waste of time.

26 minutes ago, virginton said:

So let's get this right you woke up this morning thinking I know what I, ll do i will post on the tartan army forum because I don't support them......ha ha.

47 minutes ago, forameus said:

While I doubt we will win all games, and that Slovakia will be a very, very tough game, I'm not sure why people seem so aggressively adamant that we won't.  

For what it's worth, I expect we'll win unspectacularly in Vilnius and beat Malta at home to send us into October with hope.  Then we'll either draw or get beat by Slovakia making the Slovenia away game largely academic.  If we beat Slovakia, I doubt Slovenia will be quite as bad as they were at Hampden, and we'll drop points there.  

Forameus exactley we are no pushover at Hampden and our record there is pretty good, slovakia are good team but we have beaten better teams than them at Hampden. 

If we win away at Lithuania it's not incredibly deluded to think we win our next to home games where we are strong,  Slovenia could be out the running come the last game. 

Archived