Ayrshire Cup Final

Dipple burn

Not really commenting on the actual game but more interested in knowing if the Talbot v Cumnock derby is the oldest still in existence in the Junior game. The clubs both locked horns for the first time back in 1911 with Talbot winning 1-0 in the final of the Kilmarnock Shield.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meadow v Vics is an older derby still in existence. The first ever match between the clubs was a friendly encounter at Chrome Park, on 16 May 1903 which Meadow won 6-1. However, the first competitive match did not take place until 31 December 1904. This was an Irvine Herald Cup semi-final at Meadow Park and resulted in a 2-0 Meadow Victory.

The first league match between Irvine Meadow and Irvine Victoria took place at Victoria Park, then sited at Ayr Road, on 18th February 1905. This was the first season of the newly founded Northern District League. A gale force wind rather spoiled the game but Meadow held a 4-0 half-time lead. The second period saw an incredible fight back with the Vics scoring five without reply to edge the game 5-4!

Whats wrong with me,i dont understand........help meeee!!  its talbot v scumnock,Ayrshire cup final,usually would be consuming my thoughts and mind on lifting a cup at expence of the enemy but really cant get psyched up for this game at all.Are any fans of both clubs having the same feeling?it just doesn't feel important or am i feeling scottish cup blues.

its been a long season, i hate to see the Ayrshire cup going the same way as its senior version. the West of scotland cup seem's to be the same alas . if these two had met in a west semi twenty year ago or a Ayrshire final it would have been intense! before during and after  . 

Not really feeling it yet, presuming that will all change come tommorrow afternoon.  Then expect to have whipped myself into a frenzy come kick off!

We have players on holiday and who can blame them really in the middle of June?

Not really feeling it yet, presuming that will all change come tommorrow afternoon.  Then expect to have whipped myself into a frenzy come kick off!
We have players on holiday and who can blame them really in the middle of June?

Who's on holiday like?

Archived