Football League 2017/18 season

May as well start from fresh seeing as the season has been done for a couple of weeks. 

While I've been on me hols I've seen that we've been linked with Daniel Ayala from Middlesbrough and Grant Hanley from Newcastle who we was interested in last season. Someone saying Hanley is as good as a 'done deal' with him apparently signing earlier today so we'll see if there is any truth in that. 

Also had a 3 million bid for Cardiff captain Sean Morrison rejected earlier in the week. Plus interested in Graham Dorrans both of whom I'm not right bothered about seeing coming to Hillsborough

Wouldnt mind taking Glenn Whealen back to the club after becoming available by Stoke City. Aston Villa already having a 500k bid rejected for him.

Across the city and I've read that Gary Mackay-Steven will be joining the blades, any truth about that?

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Using West Brom's fixtures as a guide, seems like we will be at home first, for a change.

Doesn't the Championship usually kick off a week earlier?

2 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Yeah, I'd taken that into account. West Brom are at home first game so we will be away that day and at home the week before when the Football League starts.

Ah fair enough! 

Are any games likely to be moved to Friday nights for TV this coming season?

I'm pathetically out of touch with who shows what these days, but might be able to take in a Friday night match when I'm down sarf in August.

Cheers. 

14 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Villa's first game on tv and a 5:30pm kick-off 

Disappointed that Preston away is a Tuesday night game; was looking forward to going with a Preston mate.

Agreed, both Preston and Sunderland, which are reasonably accessible from the NE are both on a Tuesday. Add in Middlesborough on the 30th of December and all the foreseeable travel chaos around then and the fixtures have been unkind to me.

Archived