Football League 2017/18 season

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably the best Championship Play-Off Final for a while, just in terms of it being played at a good pace throughout. 

Cairney and Grealish were probably the best players on the park, but Fulham actually had a bit about them on top of that: Mitrovic's shitehousery, Sessegnon's brilliance, and the support Johansen and McDonald provided. Villa had someone getting to the bye-line then fucking up. 

Wonderfully weird scenes at the end with Bettinelli running about with the pyro and a smattering of fans on the pitch. 

And there you have it.  'After 43 years have Fulham finally come of age again?'  43 years ago Fulham lost the FA Cup Final, at Wembley. Since then they've played numerous years in the English top division and only went down 4 years ago.  Totally irrelevant of course in comparison to winning the 'not good enough to get promoted automatically' final, at Wembley.  f**k.Right.Off.

And there you have it.  'After 43 years have Fulham finally come of age again?'  43 years ago Fulham lost the FA Cup Final, at Wembley. Since then they've played numerous years in the English top division and only went down 4 years ago.  Totally irrelevant of course in comparison to winning the 'not good enough to get promoted automatically' final, at Wembley.  f**k.Right.Off.
It wasn't that long ago they were in a Europa League final! They also beat the likes of Juventus on the way there. Fucking hate the way football commentary has resorted to ridiculous hyperbole.

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Well done Fulham. Better than us over the course of the season and deservedly promoted.

I'm neutral on whether Bruce should stay, now. I expect him to go, though.

Parachute payments run out this season too?

Rotherham vs Shrewsbury today. Be a massive achievement for the Salops to beat the odds and get promoted. Tough task ahead though.

1 hour ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Well done Fulham. Better than us over the course of the season and deservedly promoted.

I'm neutral on whether Bruce should stay, now. I expect him to go, though.

Villa should off until Christmas and appoint Warnock when the inevitable happens!

24 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Parachute payments run out this season too?

I think we are in the last season, but the total we get is a small fraction of what we received this year, which was already much less than we got last season.

Guest DAVIDB69
Rotherham vs Shrewsbury today. Be a massive achievement for the Salops to beat the odds and get promoted. Tough task ahead though.

Not so sure think Shrewsbury are decent odds

how would Shrewsbury be "beating the odds"?
for 3/4 of the season it looked like they would go up automatically and they finished well above Rotherham in the table.
will tune in on the radio.

They were second favourites to be relegated at the start of the season, they’ve been beating the odds all year (father in law is a Shrews fan, hence why I know this).

A bit like Leicester when they won the Premier, Shrewsbury have been a great addition to the weekend coupon for most of the season as the bookies have kept expecting their arses to collapse, and they never really did.

Archived