Football League 2017/18 season

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Mixed afternoon then. From a Boro point of view we've a slightly better record against Villa than Fulham.

I can't stand Warnock so it's a bit of a shitter he's went up though he'll fail miserably as usual in the division above. On the other hand I can't stand Clough, so happy to see him go down.

Was slightly disappointed in the end as Fulham away is one of the best and I can’t do the Tuesday. On the other hand Saturday is better than Friday for the first leg.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Funny how that was exactly the reaction I was expecting from you lol

i don't like to disappoint ;)

always a great trip to barnsley, and we have a better record against them than any other yorkshire team - that one and sunderland to properly look forward to now (and hopefully lincoln city up via the play-offs too - that's a proper moody encounter for something that's not particularly local)

10 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

When did league runners-up start getting a trophy and medals? 

The chairman has one too ffs. :lol:

I'm sure their thinking is that if a team that finishes 3rd - 6th gets one, then the second-placed team should. 

It's ridiculous. 

7 hours ago, 7-2 said:

I may well go to their shiny new stadium should there be a game I fancy. If there isn't, I won't. Strange concept I know but I tend to chose games on their football merits, not their tourist value.  Sky can tell me what they want. 

Hopefully Fulham come up in the Play Off and we get back there next season. A man like yourself who doesn’t have the ties of following a club should get off the sofa and try a bit of tourism 7-2. :)  

In some ways I’m glad to avoid Derby as they suddenly seem to have hit some form. They were lucky to draw at Villa Park the other week, but may have been tired after beating Cardiff to be fair.

Boro should be tight. Won 1, drawn 1 and lost 1 against them so far.

At least Fulham can be beaten....

1 hour ago, Brummie Clyde said:

In some ways I’m glad to avoid Derby as they suddenly seem to have hit some form. They were lucky to draw at Villa Park the other week, but may have been tired after beating Cardiff to be fair.

Boro should be tight. Won 1, drawn 1 and lost 1 against them so far.

At least Fulham can be beaten....

It will come down to how Adama feels on the day on Saturday and Tuesday. If he’s up for it then you’re fucked, if he’s off it then we’re fucked.

11 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

It will come down to how Adama feels on the day on Saturday and Tuesday. If he’s up for it then you’re fucked, if he’s off it then we’re fucked.

:lol: 

31 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

I strongly dislike Colin and his shit-house of a club but fair play to his Scottish lads...

IMG_20180507_095223.thumb.jpg.40f27b00c62e42fdf07e91b58f20aef1.jpg

Never been to Cardiff. Fair play to the Scottish lads though. 

15 hours ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

Hopefully Fulham come up in the Play Off and we get back there next season. A man like yourself who doesn’t have the ties of following a club should get off the sofa and try a bit of tourism 7-2. :)  

Good idea. Never, ever thought of that. Or may I have, but have just never had the need to use an online forum as my personal travelogue.  

2 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

I strongly dislike Colin and his shit-house of a club but fair play to his Scottish lads...

IMG_20180507_095223.thumb.jpg.40f27b00c62e42fdf07e91b58f20aef1.jpg

That is fucking embarrassing. 

Why do people seem to hate Neil Warnock so so much? He seems to be held personally responsible much more than most managers are and shoulder more blame than seems reasonable.

He's a relatively good manager when you actually study his career (i.e. give fair accounting to the scenarios teams were in at the time, i.e. Leeds being generally mental, Crystal Palace financial situation, Sheffield United having a far far smaller budget than rivals and also getting cheated). He's an arsehole but that's basically just the default personality of a football manager. I quite like how blatant and honest he is about it.

2 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Why do people seem to hate Neil Warnock so so much?....He's an arsehole

I think you've answered your own question Harry.

I think he's a very good Championship manager but not good enough for Premiership. I didn't mind him as much as some but his reaction after the Wolves game has made me think again.

7 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Why do people seem to hate Neil Warnock so so much? He seems to be held personally responsible much more than most managers are and shoulder more blame than seems reasonable.

He's a relatively good manager when you actually study his career (i.e. give fair accounting to the scenarios teams were in at the time, i.e. Leeds being generally mental, Crystal Palace financial situation, Sheffield United having a far far smaller budget than rivals and also getting cheated). He's an arsehole but that's basically just the default personality of a football manager. I quite like how blatant and honest he is about it.

Probably because he's a massive c**t that plays shite football?

28 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Good idea. Never, ever thought of that. Or may I have, but have just never had the need to use an online forum as my personal travelogue.  

You should give it a try ... it’s worked an absolute treat for me. 

26 minutes ago, sjc said:

Cardiff is a cracking night out!

Get it back on the cup final circuit ! We had a great day out there in 13/14 can fly direct from Edinburgh. 

Archived