Football League 2017/18 season

Depends on how the FA react to their agreement with Jorge Mendes. 
Its a testament to how much control of players agents have these days that Neves has ended up at Wolves, btw. Hes a Champions League standard player whos playing English second tier football purely because that club paid an agent millions of pounds.
Yeah I recall seeing something along those lines before. Was it the owner of Leeds who put a rant about it on Twitter?

I wonder if the likes of Neves will stay there or win a move to a bigger club in the summer.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, Ruben Neves is far too good for the English Championship. Absolute nonsense that he's playing in that league.

If Wolves escape sanctions from the FA and can retain this season's squad as well as adding a few more, they'll stay up no bother. Very solid team (obviously built in a dodgy way).

5 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Yeah I recall seeing something along those lines before. Was it the owner of Leeds who put a rant about it on Twitter?

I wonder if the likes of Neves will stay there or win a move to a bigger club in the summer.

Feels like a Tevez situation, in that he so clearly above that level there must be a future move in place already and this is purely about fiddling money about so the agent earns as much as possible.

Wolves promoted; they have been very good this year.
Cardiff in the driving seat for second spot.

They’ve been the best team in the league by miles, and a couple of those players, Neves and Jota in particular, really have no business having played in that league. As others have said, will be really interesting to see what happens there in the summer.

In other good news, Pat Bamford is absolutely fine, which after requiring 11 minutes of attention and being taken off in a neck brace and needing oxygen, is a huge relief.

On 14/04/2018 at 20:02, J_Stewart said:

They’ve been the best team in the league by miles, and a couple of those players, Neves and Jota in particular, really have no business having played in that league. As others have said, will be really interesting to see what happens there in the summer.

In other good news, Pat Bamford is absolutely fine, which after requiring 11 minutes of attention and being taken off in a neck brace and needing oxygen, is a huge relief.

Always hard to tell from the stands but it looked really dodgy with the landing. The way he was initially lying after the landing I was a bit worried.

From June 2nd. Nothing against Fleetwood Town but I hope he's an absolute failure.

I hope for Fleetwood that his management is such a tyre fire early on that they have time to sack him and recover before the end of the season

49 minutes ago, Aidan said:

From June 2nd. Nothing against Fleetwood Town but I hope he's an absolute failure.

This either has the potential to work well or be an absolute shambles.

Listening to him on The Edge podcast that he does with Deezer and on Talksport, he does have a few good ideas and a good outlook on the game, but he does talk a good game. He also has the potential to be brutally honest with players and may lose the dressing room. At this stage, I'd likely say the latter.

27 minutes ago, zidane's child said:

This either has the potential to work well or be an absolute shambles.

Listening to him on The Edge podcast that he does with Deezer and on Talksport, he does have a few good ideas and a good outlook on the game, but he does talk a good game. He also has the potential to be brutally honest with players and may lose the dressing room. At this stage, I'd likely say the latter.

"Yell and abuse" type managers rarely last long in the modern game.  It's one of the reasons why a guy like Neil Warnock has had 7 jobs in the last 10 years, the approach can work in the short term but it tends to wear thin on modern players after a season or two. 

Over the last few months the vile c**t has been working as a football reporter for Talksport, including directly from grounds on match days, and has obviously held discussions with Fleetwood Town about becoming their manager.  The FA had banned him from 'football and all football activity'.  Seems right.

Archived