Football League 2017/18 season

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 13/09/2017 at 14:21, AyrTroopMajor said:

https://rokerreport.sbnation.com/2017/9/13/16299842/opinion-addressing-ellis-short-martin-bain-directly-im-sick-of-the-embarrassment

Good fan article on the absolute farce that is Sunderland AFC, with specific reference to the parasite that is Martin Bain.

I don't think safc are hated nationwide, it's probably just indifference. Couldn't blame people for hating a team that knowingly played a nonce though. 

Caught a bit of a remarkable telephone interview with Rednapp after he'd been sacked. He was spouting about how badly treated Zola had been as he'd taken over a squad group that were basically rubbish so he had to clear them out but he was booted before he could finish his work.  Rednapp then had to step in at the last minute to heroically save the club from relegation with this squad of dross before continuing Zola's work by changing almost everyone over the summer which wasn't made easy because he never got the players he wanted. Rednapp was therefore always up against it this season as he didn't have the right group of players but was doing a great job with them so was shocked at being sacked. 

Naturally the sycophantic presenters never contradicted a word and fawned after him as per usual. I've never heard such revisionist drivel and blatant lies since the Rangers story.  Totally unreal.

Caught a bit of a remarkable telephone interview with Rednapp after he'd been sacked. He was spouting about how badly treated Zola had been as he'd taken over a squad group that were basically rubbish so he had to clear them out but he was booted before he could finish his work.  Rednapp then had to step in at the last minute to heroically save the club from relegation with this squad of dross before continuing Zola's work by changing almost everyone over the summer which wasn't made easy because he never got the players he wanted. Rednapp was therefore always up against it this season as he didn't have the right group of players but was doing a great job with them so was shocked at being sacked. 

Naturally the sycophantic presenters never contradicted a word and fawned after him as per usual. I've never heard such revisionist drivel and blatant lies since the Rangers story.  Totally unreal.

Tbf saving a team from relegation who weren't actually in a relegation position when he took over is an impressive feat. And it's only a handful of millions of pounds he's paid to get his own players in so he's been pretty hard done by.

I did think he deserved a bit more time but I've never really understood the media fawning over him. He's never seemed impressive, he's a pretty repulsive character, yet the media seem to love him.

Tbf, it's hard to understand why the Birmingham owners refused to sanction the likes of £100kpw for John Terry and Peter Crouch.

On 19/09/2017 at 11:36, 7-2 said:

Rednapp is the English version of Walter Smith. 

Loved by the media but ultimately a charlatan.

Archived