Scotland Vs England: Player ratings

SlayerX

Gordon - 4: He had a couple of great saves, but also made several blunders, which resulted in two England goals. In the first goal he made two errors... the last of them was to throw the ball into his own net. On a bad day his mistakes would've led to at least four goals.

Robertson - 7: Another fine performance.

Tierney - 8: The potential that this boy has is frightening. Defensively, he was the best player on the park, and he also got forward a few times. At times I thought there were two Tierney's

Berra - 7: Solid enough.

Mulgrew - 7: Solid display

Anya - 5: He worked and tried, but very little came off for him.

Morrison - 5: He sustained a foot knock in the first minute, never really recovered. 

Brown - 6: Energetic and solid passing. 

Armstrong - 6: He tried, but never really stood out. On a good day he would've scored at least one of his long shots.

Snodgrass - 4: Was forever caught dwelling on the ball. This is a case for Strachan picking players on form... Snodgrass certainly is not.

Griffiths - 8: Ran his socks off, when it looked like nothing was going to come off for him, he pinged a couple of world class goals into either side of the net.

Subs:

McArthur: 5

Fraser: 5

Martin: 6

Manager:

Strachan: 7 - I applaud the man for doing something brave, something bold, and change to a back three... something that a lot of people on this place said wouldn't happen

Southgate: Dick - Did he see him wave the imaginary red card when Brown went into a challenge later on in the match? Classy move.

9 hours ago, SlayerX said:

Gordon - 4: He had a couple of great saves, but also made several blunders, which resulted in two England goals. In the first goal he made two errors... the last of them was to throw the ball into his own net. On a bad day his mistakes would've led to at least four goals.

Robertson - 7: Another fine performance.

Tierney - 8: The potential that this boy has is frightening. Defensively, he was the best player on the park, and he also got forward a few times. At times I thought there were two Tierney's

Berra - 7: Solid enough.

Mulgrew - 7: Solid display

Anya - 5: He worked and tried, but very little came off for him.

Morrison - 5: He sustained a foot knock in the first minute, never really recovered. 

Brown - 6: Energetic and solid passing. 

Armstrong - 6: He tried, but never really stood out. On a good day he would've scored at least one of his long shots.

Snodgrass - 4: Was forever caught dwelling on the ball. This is a case for Strachan picking players on form... Snodgrass certainly is not.

Griffiths - 8: Ran his socks off, when it looked like nothing was going to come off for him, he pinged a couple of world class goals into either side of the net.

Subs:

McArthur: 5

Fraser: 5

Martin: 6

Manager:

Strachan: 7 - I applaud the man for doing something brave, something bold, and change to a back three... something that a lot of people on this place said wouldn't happen

Southgate: Dick - Did he see him wave the imaginary red card when Brown went into a challenge later on in the match? Classy move.

You have tierney and robertson mixed up there as tierney struggled a bit yesterday at times, but is still a class act.

3 hours ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

Berra and Mulgrew getting 7's :lol: 

OK, Bozo, do you not get the concept of opinions?

I just looked online:

BBC - Berra and Mulgrew got 7

Daily Record - Berra 6, Mulgrew 7

Daily Mail - Berra and Mulgrew got 7.5

Yes, you're absolutely correct, my ratings were absolutely ludicrous.

But I suppose you're used to watching good defenders, like Ambrose, etc.

Keeper at fault for both goals. Threw the first one in and hesitated for the second. Anya a trier but out his depth. Morrison should have been replaced after his injury but well past his best anyway. Snodgrass played his usual game for Scotland - hopeless and an embarrassment to the jersey. Ive not seen much of Robertson but from the hype ha has received, very disappointing.

Scotland missed at least one sitter in the first half when the ball was squared just outside the box and cant remember who skied it. The team looked very slow in the first half and made the English look good. Second half improved a bit and both goals were brilliant although the free kick should never have been awarded. Wonder how Martin will be received by his fellow countrymen after that blatant dive ?

Overall Scotland didn't deserve to win and are now out if the running. Strachan gave an "Emperors new clothes" type summing up in his usual hyperbolic fashion. Got the usual easy ride from the press and even suggested he was too tired to answer questions and that the team couldn't have given any more etc etc. Stringing a couple of passes together might have been helpful now and again. Nevertheless, after yet another failed campaign (and make no mistake we are out) he will be allowed to continue in position even when Sir Isaac Newton finally convinces him of the mathematics.

If nothing else, this proves yet again the persistence of playing Anglos , particularly out of form ones, is a large part of our failure over the years.

Archived