St Roch's F.C. 2017-2018

ScottMcCorry

I have to be honest, a few of the players on the pitch for the Candy were a bit out of their depth , but, there are a few good players in there and you have quality in a few positions.
When Cumnock came out in the second half at 3-1, you expected an avalanche, but, some good play by Saints , had Cumnock on the back foot for a while and it was end to end for a while till Cumnock got the 4th goal and then the game petered out

I don't think the fans should be too down after that result

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bul2 said:

I have to be honest, a few of the players on the pitch for the Candy were a bit out of their depth , but, there are a few good players in there and you have quality in a few positions.
When Cumnock came out in the second half at 3-1, you expected an avalanche, but, some good play by Saints , had Cumnock on the back foot for a while and it was end to end for a while till Cumnock got the 4th goal and then the game petered out

I don't think the fans should be too down after that result

Fair points but it looked as though Cumnock decided on three bounce games against weaker teams to get forwards the chance of building up confidence.

18 goals in week......and at least one team lost a well respected member of the back room staff immediately after getting grubbed 7-0.

Well done the Cumnock management.

The Cumnock fixture would have been ideal under normal circumstances - unfortunately the number of call offs meant we were never going to be able to compete - we actually contacted the Cumnock guys on Friday to ask if they could get replacement opposition due to our lack of numbers but it was too late - the only other option was to cancel and that would have been unfair on the host.

I think you are being kind Bul 2 as Cunnock could have chalked another 7 but it was a good scran and a wee day out.

Fair points but it looked as though Cumnock decided on three bounce games against weaker teams to get forwards the chance of building up confidence.
18 goals in week......and at least one team lost a well respected member of the back room staff immediately after getting grubbed 7-0.
Well done the Cumnock management.

Not sure if some of your comments are a pop at Cumnock or just you morning

What has it to do with Cumnock that "one team lost a well respected member of the back room staff immediately after getting gunned 7-0"
Were Cumnock to lay back and let the other team win ??????!!!!!!!

Which team dispensed with this much respected person???????? If they are so " well respected" , I struggle to see that a defeat in one of "three bounce games" led to this persons demise

Please explain who/ why/ when as I haven't a scooby what you mean

9 hours ago, Bul2 said:

Not sure if some of your comments are a pop at Cumnock or just you moaning?

Anything but having a pop at Cumnock. The management team now have forwards whose confidence must be sky high. 18 goals in week, job done. 

Notice it was followed by a 3-1 win last night against Kello Rovers in the cup.

I totally agree that people should be proud of their heritage, but, to try and say that a club line Cumnock will be a bad place to go because it's in Ayrshire is actually pandering to the bigoted stereotype that the poster earlier is alluding to

However, to say that it's fine to bring any part of Republicanism or Loyalist stuff into a junior ground is beyond belief

As far as the "Bead Rattlers" jibe is concerned, I am not saying it didn't happen, but, I was standing over on the side that any Candy supporters I saw were standing and I didn't hear it, if it happened , that is disgraceful , but to say everybody should accept the republican/ Celtic stuff regardless is, for want of a better phrase, Shite

In fact Pogue mahone

I find it absolutely astonishing that you heard a remark from tam but never heard the incessant sectarian abuse given to tam hanlon throughout the second half . You must have selective hearing in east Ayrshire.

I find it absolutely astonishing that you heard a remark from tam but never heard the incessant sectarian abuse given to tam hanlon throughout the second half . You must have selective hearing in east Ayrshire.

If you read my post , I said that I didn't hear the so called abuse you say happened , I heard the reply from Hanlon as it was directed to me and I was standing near him, obviously.

If you are saying the " bead rattlers" jibe came from the same area of the park, it would have been from me or the guy who was filming the game as we were the only two folk in about 30-40 yards before the first of the away support and I can assure you neither of us said any such thing

As far as I am aware the only other Cumnock fans on that side are 3-4 older supporters who always stand down that side near the end of the terracing
If you are saying it was then who shouted that insult........ go and chip shite are yersel

If not them or myself and the video man, you must be the one with radar for ears as all the other local support were behind the goals or down the other side in the covered area

OR perhaps it didn't really happen at all !!!!!

If you read my post , I said that I didn't hear the so called abuse you say happened , I heard the reply from Hanlon as it was directed to me and I was standing near him, obviously.

If you are saying the " bead rattlers" jibe came from the same area of the park, it would have been from me or the guy who was filming the game as we were the only two folk in about 30-40 yards before the first of the away support and I can assure you neither of us said any such thing

As far as I am aware the only other Cumnock fans on that side are 3-4 older supporters who always stand down that side near the end of the terracing
If you are saying it was then who shouted that insult........ go and chip shite are yersel

If not them or myself and the video man, you must be the one with radar for ears as all the other local support were behind the goals or down the other side in the covered area

OR perhaps it didn't really happen at all !!!!!

It was you and you know it is was as we were standing not far from you and the guy filming I guess your now crying innocent as we have a picture of you and footage of your incessant sectarian insults towards our player which I hope have been passed to your relevant club officials who will in turn hand you a life ban from Cumnock fc .
The sad thing is your clearly an older man who really should know better but behaviour like yours has no place in society never mind football.

It was you and you know it is was as we were standing not far from you and the guy filming I guess your now crying innocent as we have a picture of you and footage of your incessant sectarian insults towards our player which I hope have been passed to your relevant club officials who will in turn hand you a life ban from Cumnock fc .
The sad thing is your clearly an older man who really should know better but behaviour like yours has no place in society never mind football.

A picture of me ........ mmmm that will be exhibit one at my trial

I await this absolutely damming evidence

The only person guilty of sectarian abuse was your full back

I shouted on to the pitch near the end of the second half to Scott Anson , when he was standing talking to a few St Rochs players during a break in play "that's the closest you will get to a Celtic strip bud yin"

For the avoidance of any doubt ...... you are a fucking liar
Shouting at Tam Hanlon ..... guilty

Shouting what you allege ..... not guilty

I have just spoken to the guy who videos the game and he will run through the recorded sound to see what was / wasn't said
He said his recollection was exactly what I put in my first post re: sponsored walk / orange walk comment and he did not hear anything untoward while editing the highlights

If my behaviour has no place in society never mind football, I suppose Hanlons sectarian abuse is ok

I

godness sake - this started because our fans DID NOT go to the game on Saturday - we really cannot win - what was said to Tam did happen - but the person who said it in no manner reflected the majority of Cumnock people - I suppose the term one in every village is quite apt on this occasion 

I am with Glenconner on this one - can we speak about the footballon this thread - all the other ystuff is quite tiring - we as s club do not in any manner condone any sectarian behaviour and will Speak to our players about how they respond to all the nonsense - on this occasion I did not hear the allegation made about our player but will ensure that everyone is aware of our responsibilities.

Loking forward to Thorniewood on Saturday and should be a big test after their great result last night 

GOTW is the 1920 bus going to Viewpark?

Lets speak about the football please...... I have no axe to grind with Hanlon, he maybe saw it as a joke, off the cuff or whatever, but, I will not stand back and let someone make accusations about me that are not true

If I mentioned the comment made by a player when I am making similar/ worse comments I think that's a bit rich

I maybe many things, but, a sectarian bigot I am not

Archived