St Roch's F.C. 2017-2018

ScottMcCorry

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well you can't keep everyone happy,well come to the Super 1st Division for the Candy it's quite a tough league where the slightest mistake gets punished,look forward to your visits to the Gasworks Park,where I'm sure there will be plenty of explosives on the park,but not off it

10 hours ago, Hong Kong Phooey said:

How many of the “600” paid in tho ??? Never known as many supporters to avoid paying in. Happens every time. Don’t know if yous think it’s funny or something but getting out of order.  Heard a few offered £2 but had enough money for alcohol at the game. 

Went to the camelon v Kilwinning Scottish game couple of years ago ,guy in front said he only had 2pound after a couple of words let into the game,I was 3days away from being 65years of age  paid full amount of 6pounds,not been back to a junior game and won't be.

1 hour ago, desmond tutu said:

Went to the camelon v Kilwinning Scottish game couple of years ago ,guy in front said he only had 2pound after a couple of words let into the game,I was 3days away from being 65years of age  paid full amount of 6pounds,not been back to a junior game and won't be.

You're named after a guy that promoted forgiveness and reconciliation after the fall of Apartheid in South Africa but you're in a life long huff about £4? 

1 hour ago, Shanner said:

You're named after a guy that promoted forgiveness and reconciliation after the fall of Apartheid in South Africa but you're in a life long huff about £4? 

Not in the huff always been a senior supporter,only went to maybe 10 junior games a season mostly midweek ,the guy who paid 2pounds could afford a bottle of buck fast ,but you have got to get your priorities right .

1 hour ago, desmond tutu said:

Not in the huff always been a senior supporter,only went to maybe 10 junior games a season mostly midweek ,the guy who paid 2pounds could afford a bottle of buck fast ,but you have got to get your priorities right .

Ah well, at least you're moving on from the outrage. Very healthy. 

7 hours ago, larky9 said:

Well you can't keep everyone happy,well come to the Super 1st Division for the Candy it's quite a tough league where the slightest mistake gets punished,look forward to your visits to the Gasworks Park,where I'm sure there will be plenty of explosives on the park,but not off it

Was here a year ago with 3 games to go. The Candy ended up with 1 point from the 3 games and two blaws at a ragman's trumpet. Hopefully try our best at Forth on Monday night and take it from there.

Here's hoping it is super 1st division next season. Hope the boys can't get the results need to guarantee promotion. Good to see some one like the visit of our fans. Unexpectedly but most welcome. Looking forward to a wee visit to Gasworks next season. Hopefully get some revenge for last season's game lol.

How many of the “600” paid in tho ??? Never known as many supporters to avoid paying in. Happens every time. Don’t know if yous think it’s funny or something but getting out of order.  Heard a few offered £2 but had enough money for alcohol at the game. 

Your set up to be honest is dreadful.. I entered at the bottom entrance ... why not have a desk Or something set up at the start of the hill down to the ground rather than stuck away to the right once entry has already been made ? I and the others off the supporters bus had to actively look for the 2 gentlemen taking money .
The lies told about St Rochs fans this season alone is a joke .. Rossvale twice have lied about our fans supposedly skipping in. In the 1st instance our fans let them know that we would not be entering their “stadium” in protest yet were still accused of rushing the “turnstile” and ion the 2nd occasion , with the St Rochs game cancelled 2 fans went along and paid in to their game and were then accused on the official Rossvale Twitter account of skipping in under false pretences.
Whatever makes you happy I suppose ......

38 minutes ago, Rochstar1920 said:
8 hours ago, larky9 said:

Here's hoping it is super 1st division next season. Hope the boys can't get the results need to guarantee promotion. Good to see some one like the visit of our fans. Unexpectedly but most welcome. Looking forward to a wee visit to Gasworks next season. Hopefully get some revenge for last season's game lol.

Don't want to count my chickens too soon, but hopefully we'll be joining you from the ADL. I have been following both your league and ours this season due to the reconstruction and really wanted you guys to come up. I am looking forward to a trip to your ground, as a first visit and your support will be made more than welcome at the Vics Park.

T

P.S. hopefully our neighbours, the Dodgers,aka the Medda, fail in their promotion bid and then we will have two extra derbies and you guys get a couple of trips to Irvine.

Don't want to count my chickens too soon, but hopefully we'll be joining you from the ADL. I have been following both your league and ours this season due to the reconstruction and really wanted you guys to come up. I am looking forward to a trip to your ground, as a first visit and your support will be made more than welcome at the Vics Park.
T
P.S. hopefully our neighbours, the Dodgers,aka the Medda, fail in their promotion bid and then we will have two extra derbies and you guys get a couple of trips to Irvine.
You will be made most welcome at James McGrory Park. Buzzing about next season and all the new grounds we get to visit either way. But hoping praying everything crossed that we go up.

18 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Moving quickly on from the Charge of Light Brigade (great film btw) into the final three furlongs.

Forth Wanderers away Monday 7pm.

Same again from the Candy would do nicely.

Aye, you won't  need to pay there.

13 hours ago, desmond tutu said:

That'll keep the average age down.

It's a shame folk want to make up wee stories or decry clubs in junior football as it's a fantastic day out and some of the grounds are superb ( good or bad ) .

This season there has been a few highlights which made the away day trips enjoyable or memorable and mostly not for the football.

Glasgow perthshire and it's dookit ( pigeon shed ) behind the goal.

Thorniewood and it's fantastic terrace behind the goal

Port glasgow and it's scenic views across the loch into the hills and the candy support sitting by the water like a glesga bank holiday day out to the seaside in a time long gone .

Auchenleck Talbot and it's fantastic pies burgers and chips where one candy fan on route to get a beer instead cameback with 3 pies and a bovril cos as he said cheap as f**k and there dynamite.

Or Shotts BA and there little shop of delights in confectionery which had the ( for the want of a better word ) the bob marley's among our support in munchie heaven .

The junior game gaves more good than it ever gives bad so we should celebrate it and be thankful we are part of it rather than always focusing on the negatives of a few bad apples within it

On 01/05/2018 at 09:32, Kinky Afro said:

There was SSSSSSSomething Stirring in the misty haze of end of Season early Summer promise that enticed the Afro and his auld man along a well worn and well kent path, over wilderness back roads, all of which lead to a huge expansive pitch at Shotts, Shimmering Sweetly in Sinking Sunlit Skies. SSSSSSSSS. A Super Supper Satisfying well Stocked Shop in the Shed provided the Sustenance and the Candy Served up a Superb 5Star Show which Showed Skill and Style and Showered the Spectators and left them Saturated in Sensational Sexy football. SSSSSSSS. We Surpised the ShellShockedShopStaff as we bought all the Steak pies... the locals Surprised at the hunger of the Candy Carnivores, Seldom Seen Scavangers on the hunt. Whilst Some are often Served well with Some Stone cauld mince, last night was a Candy Steak fest.. and the Mighty Meat eaters were hunting for points..... Sometimes.... Sometimes when the Stars align... and there is the Scent of a 3 point bearing woman in the air, the Surest thing is Success. It was a night that left me Smouldering like the just passed peat bogs and.... SSSSSSSS.... Sometimes it’s good to let of Steam and just SSSSSmile....

We did well for the first 15 as we Stretched them and long balls over the top caused Some trouble for them and it was no Surprise when our pressure resulted in the first of 2 first half penalties. Despatched on the rebound after their keeper made a decent Save. We then dropped out of things for 15 and they Scored a Scrappy equaliser. We finished the first half on top again and after a lighting break a debatable penalty (at least it was debated with the leather cowboy hatted Shotts note taker who wasn’t having much luck or peace as his pen was well worn noting more and more as the Candy delivered more and more. *his pen melted down in the first 20 mins of the Second half) we went 2-1 up and into the break deservedly ahead. Results elsewhere, delivered faithfully by our Lord Twitter, meant 3 points were looking essential and nervously we discussed recent wins and losses and minds wandered back to last Season and our Final Forlorn Furlong. “Don’t Panic” Shouted Jonesy and he was right. They certainly “didn’t like it up them” as we did exactly that in a Blitzkreig Barnstorm and a quickfire treble put Shotts to the Sword and Settled any nerves on the Sidelines.

A Strong performance from Serveral Starters, Some making their debuts (well done young man) and others who have been Sideline Spectators at times. It was a Slick performance and left me Satiated and Satisfied and SSSSSSSSS...as we drove home, Daylight Drifting and Dipping over the Horizon to Dusk, it made me think... again....

If you chose your path and make your own decisions then you need Something back to Stay Sane. Sure, Some Might Say that it is only a game. Some Say it is only 11 vs 11 but I know it is more than that. My football life has taken me far and near this last month and I have felt So much and enjoyed So much that the luck I enjoy tells me differently. Something Stirs and Something Special Still Shakes me when I See Some things. I See my auld man come alive and talk with pride like he did last night on the way home, his recent health problems and my worries Set aSide for a few hours, his StRoch’s Scarf wrapped round his neck and coffee stained where he Spilled Some last night. He may not hold a full polystyrene cup but he can hold a conversation and he tells me he loves goals and that the Candy Scored Some crackers last night and “that wee number 16 did well” (Young debutant Paul.. well done again Son. Never ever underestimate your impact on Some when playing football). I Smiled as he Smiles and asks me what was the name of that “Cnt that bites folk?” (Suarez) or derides that “Tommee Tippee fitbaw” (Tiki-Taka).... if football gives then I will take. It gave me Something Special last night and it gave back to my auld man. A moment in the Sunlight and as I Stopped at a temporary red light on the back road back to the M8, I look out the window and I See two masts and two clouds... both masts tall and enjoying the Setting Sun and the time left and the two clouds on their transient journey. We continue ours and it will take 30 mins to get back to Bishopbriggs but long long long may our football journey together continue.... Football has made me SSSSSSo lucky... I SSSSShared it and it was SSSSo SSSSo SSSSSpecialemoji256.png

Mon the Candy!

MTC! emoji517.pngemoji172.pngemoji460.pngemoji106.png

IMG_5336.thumb.jpg.3a789d79c0c5ed517e47f7da3e520eb3.jpg

Forget the SSSssss after paragraph two i was feeling the ZZZZzzzzz snore.All in jest,my friend youve got me hooked on your candy reports,different class and i hope your remaining games provide the points for St Rochs promotion..

Archived