St Roch's F.C. 2017-2018

ScottMcCorry

19 hours ago, Glenconner said:
Deepest sympathy to Colin's family and his many friends.

I first met Colin over 40 years ago when he was a BB officer. He was involved for many years with a local team in Barmulloch called Glasgow North FC who had premises at the back of All Saints Church beside the Broomfield Tavern. He also mentioned another connection to a team called Provanmill Thistle. His connection with St Roch's FC started about 20 years back when he answered an advert in the Evening Times, when the Candy were looking for a secretary. Now i may add although Colin was a St Roch's man through and through he started out coming from a Petershill family. He told me of childhood memories of going to watch the Peasy with his grandfather!!! 

I only got to know Colin on a personal level in the last couple of years. Colin was a mild mannered gentleman. He'll be sadly missed by everyone at the Candy.

Yep, his family stayed in Springburn and Colin and his sister Aileen lived on Springburn High Road when they were younger, before moving to Balornock. The Candy are in a good place off the park just now, but they have come through some pretty barren times and that might not have been possible without guys like Colin and Jimmy Friel working away in the background.

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Yep, his family stayed in Springburn and Colin and his sister Aileen lived on Springburn High Road when they were younger, before moving to Barlonock. The Candy are in a good place off the park just now, but they have come through some pretty barren times and that might not have been possible without guys like Colin and Jimmy Friel working away in the background.

Absolutley 100%

Not many guys around like Colin 

He has been a great help to St Roch's for the last 20 years or so - always in the background - doing his stuff

Big help to me during my time at St Roch's - spoke to his Sister today and the family suspect he had a massive heart attack - our club and Junior football has lost one of the good guys 

I didn’t know Colin as long as most at the club but he was always a gentleman to me. He was the first guy at St Roch’s to ask me if I was the elusive Kinky Afro one day as he ticked my name off as a season ticket holder early last season. He said he enjoyed reading some of the stuff I wrote. “Just some?” I asked.. he laughed. He talked to me every time he saw me and shook my hand, always with a smile and a knowledge and dry wit that engaged me and had me nodding as I knew behind that facade was a wise man with a football heart and head. I always thought he could have a cutting edge if he ever put his mind to it and I remember the AGM in the summer when he caustically chastised someone for nominating him into the committee before “begrudgingly” accepting. I laughed and smiled.
Quite rightly people have been paying their respects and the good wishes of other clubs shows the regard in which he was held. Football brings you into contact with loads of people and some of them stand out for a simple wee word, a wee smile, a friendly nod or a quiet football chat.. it bonds you somehow. It is the wee things that make a big man. It made him that to me.
[emoji17][emoji172][emoji460]️[emoji120]

1 hour ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Thanks for the update HKP worth organising bus now we know pitch has a fighting chance

A lot of money has been spent on the park since our disastrous problems a few years back with burst pipes, overflowing rivers, etc . but hopefully that all behind us now and we have a decent park to play. (ignore the slope) 

Fingers crossed for a good game.

Great initiative being set up by the supporters club with the blessing of the club and local parish.

As many of you know tory austerity measures have absolutely crippled our communities and left many of our people in desperate need so the 1920 have decided to run a foodbank and toy appeal for st rochs parish church after being given the go ahead from Fr.Thaddeus.
We ask our members fans and friends of st rochs fc to support us and the community in this appeal and give this Christmas to our appeal .
The match vs Glasgow perthshire on Saturday the 16th December will be our day we ask everyone to bring the following items if possible
Cans of ..meatballs, ravioli,spaghetti bolognese, spaghetti hoops, beans&sausage,spaghetti &sausages,custard,rice pudding and fruit.
We would also ask for breakfast cerials.
In conjunction with the food appeal with it being Xmas we would also like to donate toys to local toybank collection .
If you can't make the match but want to donate then we will take donations at jmp on 9th December or we will pick up locally if can't attend either match .
If anyone wishes to donate cash which we will use to buy the above items then you can donate via PayPal to strochsawaystripsponsor@gmail.com
I would like to thank you for taking the time to read this and hope we have your support to make Christmas a special time for everyone in our community.
1920 SRSC

Great initiative being set up by the supporters club with the blessing of the club and local parish.

As many of you know tory austerity measures have absolutely crippled our communities and left many of our people in desperate need so the 1920 have decided to run a foodbank and toy appeal for st rochs parish church after being given the go ahead from Fr.Thaddeus.
We ask our members fans and friends of st rochs fc to support us and the community in this appeal and give this Christmas to our appeal .
The match vs Glasgow perthshire on Saturday the 16th December will be our day we ask everyone to bring the following items if possible
Cans of ..meatballs, ravioli,spaghetti bolognese, spaghetti hoops, beans&sausage,spaghetti &sausages,custard,rice pudding and fruit.
We would also ask for breakfast cerials.
In conjunction with the food appeal with it being Xmas we would also like to donate toys to local toybank collection .
If you can't make the match but want to donate then we will take donations at jmp on 9th December or we will pick up locally if can't attend either match .
If anyone wishes to donate cash which we will use to buy the above items then you can donate via PayPal to strochsawaystripsponsor@gmail.com
I would like to thank you for taking the time to read this and hope we have your support to make Christmas a special time for everyone in our community.
1920 SRSC

A brilliant initiative, well done [emoji1303]

Big thanks to the gaffer and the club for getting the info out to the fans super quick regarding postponement
Much appreciated and meant we could contact bus hire etc to cancel arrangements.
Disappointed gow or the sjfa refused the switch as our pitch playable we should have played at jmp last week anyway so made perfect sense to me to switch but then perfect sense and Scottish junior football are very rarely said in the same sentence.

Archived