St Roch's F.C. 2017-2018

ScottMcCorry

7 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Homeless glasgow do you fancy it
Be a fascinating story and a great read

Might be an idea to ask the club officials what's the position with the book already written. Last i heard the  problem was getting it printed.

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Homeless glasgow do you fancy it
Be a fascinating story and a great read

Sounds like the good work is already done on that one. Am thinking about setting up a blog for games. Just actually setting up the thing that is the hassle - doing the writing will be a canter. Candy stories write themselves. Saturday for instance ... 

Sounds like the good work is already done on that one. Am thinking about setting up a blog for games. Just actually setting up the thing that is the hassle - doing the writing will be a canter. Candy stories write themselves. Saturday for instance ... 

Aye tbh I never knew a book had already been written but I like the idea of blog aswell

1 minute ago, Rochstar1920 said:

Am sure he would many a time we used to sneak onto the pitch after school for a game.

Haha, nice one. Bang on, though, statue of McGrory would be a very fitting way to mark the year. That twinned with everything else being spoken of and JMP could look very different in 2020. 

1 hour ago, griffiti on the wall said:

If it was simply cost then I'm sure candy merch would love to help in whatever way we could as it would be fantastic to have a book out in time for the centenary season in just over 2 years time

Believe Jim the author who was a printer to trade had/has some issues regarding who printed it. Believe he wanted it done locally and that might be a problem ie do people still print books in Scotland? Sure there's an article about Jim and the book online. Not a dig in anyway but the Evening Times printed the story well it seems like two decades ago now. We like to take our time at the Candy and get it done right. You don't want to rush anything. I've told the grandweans to tell their grandweans to make sure and buy a copy when it comes out.

The Candy Chronicles-

100 years

of Passion and Tears.

The highs and the lows,

The Yeses and the Noes,

The wins and the loses,

The fans and players and bosses.

The struggles and battles,

The scarves, hats and rattles,

The trophies and Joys,

Of the Garngad Boys.

100 years fighting,

And we are still writing,

About being a fan,

What makes me a man,

To belong and to know it,

Means we can all own it,

Silverware gleaming,

A century dreaming......

100 years

Never forget

You sign up for the Candy

You sign up for life.

Chose living this life

Candy Green.... the Candy Dream

Dream on lads.... 100 years more....please... keep being and keep dreaming. [emoji172]

I do get carried away at night time!!

Mon the Candy!

MTC![emoji172][emoji460]️[emoji106]

Should add at one point for about 20 years Petershill's ground until 1935 was only along the road and under the railway bridge at Hawthorn St.

1919 to 1934 to be precise, we had to move because of housing being built. Shared with Third Lanark at Cathkin Park for a year before moving into Petershill Park in August 1935.

The Candy Chronicles-
100 years
of Passion and Tears.

The highs and the lows,
The Yeses and the Noes,
The wins and the loses,
The fans and players and bosses.
The struggles and battles,
The scarves, hats and rattles,
The trophies and Joys,
Of the Garngad Boys.
100 years fighting,
And we are still writing,
About being a fan,
What makes me a man,
To belong and to know it,
Means we can all own it,
Silverware gleaming,
A century dreaming......
100 years
Never forget
You sign up for the Candy
You sign up for life.
Chose living this life
Candy Green.... the Candy Dream
Dream on lads.... 100 years more....please... keep being and keep dreaming. [emoji172]

I do get carried away at night time!!

Mon the Candy!
MTC![emoji172][emoji460]️[emoji106]

Bloody marvellous kinky

9 hours ago, peasy23 said:

1919 to 1934 to be precise, we had to move because of housing being built. Shared with Third Lanark at Cathkin Park for a year before moving into Petershill Park in August 1935.

Love the picture on your Facebook page showing a game at the ground and the tenement in the background in Hawthorn St, which is of course is still there.

9 hours ago, peasy23 said:

When Peasy moved into the old Petershill ground in 1935 were the Old Firm invited to play a game there and 10,000 punters turned up?

Archived