St Roch's F.C. 2017-2018

ScottMcCorry

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was a terrible performance , inexplicable after best performance of the season so far in our last outing at Greenock... ref wasn’t great but I thought the 2 sending offs were deserved.. 4 th game this season with 2 or more sent off ... discipline badly needs to improve.

29 minutes ago, Oataat said:

Was a terrible performance , inexplicable after best performance of the season so far in our last outing at Greenock... ref wasn’t great but I thought the 2 sending offs were deserved.. 4 th game this season with 2 or more sent off ... discipline badly needs to improve.

From the other side of the fence, would have to say that the 2nd sending off was harsh. 

From the other side of the fence, would have to say that the 2nd sending off was harsh. 

I was behind the goal so didn’t have a great view but did think it looked deserved, didn’t make any difference to the result as you guys bossed it even at 11v11.

Saw some apologetic tweets from the gaffer after the game and the half time tweet from the official match commentator along the lines of...”poor first half, has the look and feel of a pre season bounce game with zero urgency and passion” which had me worried even though it was 0-0. If you can’t get energised for the Scottish cup then when can you??
The fact I saw 2 red cards appear on Twitter was a shock...... not. I can’t obviously comment on them...but... in general.... it has always been the way that some people think a red card automatically is shows passion. “If you are going down well take one of them with you” and they lash out. “Give one of them a good smash” and you do a bad tackle. The real art to showing passion for your team is to always give 100% (you will either play well or bad, that is accepted) and keep the heed.

“Premier League between 1992 and 2000, for instance, a side that was drawing when they had a man sent off went on to win the game 11.8% of the time if the red card happened in the first hour, 3.7% if it happened between 60 and 80 minutes, and 4.5% if it happened after 80 minutes. “

You don’t need blooming Opta to tell you that. Discipline is vital and I have called out our red card count already this season (only for the games I have saw). So I guess my question is for all players “Do you think we would have a better chance of winning with 11 on the park rather than 10 or 9?” If you answer yes then I will question your self control and ability to manage yourself in a game. Pennies must drop surely...?

Can the lads who were there give us who weren’t an idea of what they thought it was and why, by the gaffers own words, “We didn’t turn up”?

I for one find it all hugely frustrating and disappointing. [emoji20]

For me the weather ruined what could have been a decent game. Both teams had to play and deal with the conditions and Bellshill coped better than us.
Can't really comment on the reds other than I couldn't see the ins and outs of them from the shed.
Great save from Starky at the penalty.

Just need to refocus for next week and move on.

Well done to Bellshill and good luck in the next round and for the rest of the season.

Saw some apologetic tweets from the gaffer after the game and the half time tweet from the official match commentator along the lines of...”poor first half, has the look and feel of a pre season bounce game with zero urgency and passion” which had me worried even though it was 0-0. If you can’t get energised for the Scottish cup then when can you??
The fact I saw 2 red cards appear on Twitter was a shock...... not. I can’t obviously comment on them...but... in general.... it has always been the way that some people think a red card automatically is shows passion. “If you are going down well take one of them with you” and they lash out. “Give one of them a good smash” and you do a bad tackle. The real art to showing passion for your team is to always give 100% (you will either play well or bad, that is accepted) and keep the heed.

“Premier League between 1992 and 2000, for instance, a side that was drawing when they had a man sent off went on to win the game 11.8% of the time if the red card happened in the first hour, 3.7% if it happened between 60 and 80 minutes, and 4.5% if it happened after 80 minutes. “

You don’t need blooming Opta to tell you that. Discipline is vital and I have called out our red card count already this season (only for the games I have saw). So I guess my question is for all players “Do you think we would have a better chance of winning with 11 on the park rather than 10 or 9?” If you answer yes then I will question your self control and ability to manage yourself in a game. Pennies must drop surely...?

Can the lads who were there give us who weren’t an idea of what they thought it was and why, by the gaffers own words, “We didn’t turn up”?

I for one find it all hugely frustrating and disappointing. [emoji20]

Of course it is frustrating and disappointing but these kind of days happen even to the best teams, why is that ? Who knows, my only comment would be I’m pretty sure players don’t go out and say right I’m gonna play rubbish today.
The discipline thing is another point altogether and one I actually can’t get my head around .. that is 4 games now this season we have had 2 or more sent off , that cannot and should not be allowed to continue.

The wind ruined the 1st half as it became a bit of a non event when you try to knock the ball forward and it just comes straight back to you .
I find it strange refs see a puddle on the pitch and postpone a match yet allow games to be played in farcical conditions like Saturday .
The second half the wind had eased and the match began and we were second best in every department and bellshill deserve the plaudits on a very well organised fighting performance so now we need to regroup and go again vs yoker we still have everything to play for so I'm hoping the players give the gaffer and the fans a positive response and collect the 3 points .
On the discipline issue ..simple FINE them soon as you start taking money out there pockets that will soon stop.

We can’t cancel games for wind surely?? I agree that it does become a farce at times and I played in some shockers where any pass over a few inches off the ground becomes airborne!! I’m not convinced that fines are the simple answer.... as a defender you want them totally committed and you can’t install a £5 for a yellow and £10 for red.... no one would tackle..... what gets me is the lack of self control at times. The Rid Mist!! It’s not the ref’s fault all the time!! Verbals and dissent are unacceptable as are stupid lash out tackles. A genuine attempt at a tackle can always result in a yellow if the opposition are too nippy or you are too late. There are other things they can do and I suspect that we will see over the next few weeks what the ramifications are for the team, the fans and some players. Who ever said football was easy...?
On a positive note we now have a costed professionally drawn up plan for a covered enclosure which the gaffer has been given. I think he is “going public” for thoughts soon. Watch his space...
MTC! [emoji172][emoji460]️[emoji106]

I would disagree kinky yes if a player is sent off for two tackles them common sense says no need for fine but if a player is sent of for dissent or violent conduct then yes hammer them in the pocket .
I would rather as a fan watch a football match in the rain and mud than watch a match being played in gale force winds when it simply becomes a lottery

So further to the gaffer’s tweet.... some sketches and the briefing spec. The committee are in possession of the costs and detailed plans. Whilst the cost is obviously an issue, it shouldn’t hinder the discussion about whether we do this or not as I am sure that extra new project specific and ringfenced funds could be raised outwith the club’s working budget. So ignore cost. Any other comments welcomed....
MTC! [emoji460]️[emoji172][emoji106]

6c51c22b336fc74b0bfb2d29738ce66d.jpg49ac9ba19e9d06f31abd43e6d8c93398.jpg592b1b4dbc016fdd64d7e9f807470a4e.jpgce72e64999379eaab5d892db7b1e3a68.jpgc8ad17aa8d7b81208e1aae01986eb68b.jpg

1 hour ago, Kinky Afro said:

So further to the gaffer’s tweet.... some sketches and the briefing spec. The committee are in possession of the costs and detailed plans. Whilst the cost is obviously an issue, it shouldn’t hinder the discussion about whether we do this or not as I am sure that extra new project specific and ringfenced funds could be raised outwith the club’s working budget. So ignore cost. Any other comments welcomed....
MTC! emoji460.pngemoji172.pngemoji106.png

6c51c22b336fc74b0bfb2d29738ce66d.jpg49ac9ba19e9d06f31abd43e6d8c93398.jpg592b1b4dbc016fdd64d7e9f807470a4e.jpgce72e64999379eaab5d892db7b1e3a68.jpgc8ad17aa8d7b81208e1aae01986eb68b.jpg

I would be very disappointed if the club in the end rejected this project as for me it works twofold

1. Great for the club and fans to have a proper 21st century terrace

A place for the fans to enjoy the match out of the eliments and a place which could become the hub of the support to generate noise passion and colour as we roar our lads to victory every second Saturday.

2. It would also cosmetically look fantastic which would great for the image of the club and the wider community at large .

I know and understand there are folk on the committee who basically work for st rochs 24/7 and too add this project on to there workload would be grossly unfair so for an ideal senario would be for plans and location to be discussed agreed and rubber stamped then a sub committee of yourself kinky and mark then put in charge and left to deliver with the help of anyone who wishes to support this project through whatever means the sub committee see fit .

It's a fantastic proposal and I for one sincerely hope that it can be agreed and delivered as it would be a fitting tribute to celebrate our 100th anniversary in just over 2 yrs time .

Archived