St Roch's F.C. 2017-2018

ScottMcCorry

My first post on here as Twitter doesn’t give me enough words for what I want to say, I may not have the eloquent language or vocabulary of some of the other people who contribute to this site but I want this message to get out. As we near the end of a long hard season with everything still to play for I want to thank everybody for their efforts in making this dream a possibility. I need to start with the gaffer who works tirelessly and puts himself under so much pressure when he deserves nothing but praise, we are lucky to have him. Stevie and Gary who make up the rest of the backroom team, have made a huge contribution to the position we find ourselves in. We then have the medical team who have worked miracles over the last few weeks getting players fit and strapped up ready to play. Boxer makes up the team and has played a significant role this year.

We have all spoken about the 4G parks and the amount of games teams have been able to get on, well we are the same due to the hard work of Ken and Billy who deserve a medal for their contribution this year.

The fans, supporters buses, minibuses, cars, trains, taxis, public transport, shanks pony. All the ways our magnificent fans use to come and give us their support, we are so lucky to have you on board. People are putting the Roch game on bucket lists now and you the fans are part of that experience. Thanks guys 

The Committee works behind the scenes to ensure everything goes to plan and the club continues to go forward.

Lastly the most important component the players. The efforts and commitment from the playing squad has been a joy to watch and sometimes we get carried away, but these guys have jobs and play for the love of the game and the St.Rochs jersey. They are playing through the pain barrier at this time of the season when the easy option would be to claim an injury. Their talent and skill was never in doubt, they wouldn’t be at our club if they didn’t have that. These last few weeks with only one slip up they have rolled the sleeves up and took their performance to a different level. We now ask them for that final push to make themselves part of St.Rochs history, I for one don’t doubt they can do it. We are all in this together for the last three games, so I’m asking everybody let’s get behind Andy and the team, we have seen the lift the players get when the fans give them that incredible backing.

Lets do it MTC

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My first post on here as Twitter doesn’t give me enough words for what I want to say, I may not have the eloquent language or vocabulary of some of the other people who contribute to this site but I want this message to get out. As we near the end of a long hard season with everything still to play for I want to thank everybody for their efforts in making this dream a possibility. I need to start with the gaffer who works tirelessly and puts himself under so much pressure when he deserves nothing but praise, we are lucky to have him. Stevie and Gary who make up the rest of the backroom team, have made a huge contribution to the position we find ourselves in. We then have the medical team who have worked miracles over the last few weeks getting players fit and strapped up ready to play. Boxer makes up the team and has played a significant role this year.
 We have all spoken about the 4G parks and the amount of games teams have been able to get on, well we are the same due to the hard work of Ken and Billy who deserve a medal for their contribution this year.
The fans, supporters buses, minibuses, cars, trains, taxis, public transport, shanks pony. All the ways our magnificent fans use to come and give us their support, we are so lucky to have you on board. People are putting the Roch game on bucket lists now and you the fans are part of that experience. Thanks guys 
The Committee works behind the scenes to ensure everything goes to plan and the club continues to go forward.
Lastly the most important component the players. The efforts and commitment from the playing squad has been a joy to watch and sometimes we get carried away, but these guys have jobs and play for the love of the game and the St.Rochs jersey. They are playing through the pain barrier at this time of the season when the easy option would be to claim an injury. Their talent and skill was never in doubt, they wouldn’t be at our club if they didn’t have that. These last few weeks with only one slip up they have rolled the sleeves up and took their performance to a different level. We now ask them for that final push to make themselves part of St.Rochs history, I for one don’t doubt they can do it. We are all in this together for the last three games, so I’m asking everybody let’s get behind Andy and the team, we have seen the lift the players get when the fans give them that incredible backing.
Lets do it MTC
I think you have put it magnificently.
Reading that post you can feel the passion you have for our club. I personally am buzzing for these last 3 games.

Forth beat Neilston 3-2 yesterday so a wee reminder to anyone who thought that we can go there tomorrow and they will roll over. I’ll see you all there.

I bumped into the lads on Friday night. They were out on a team building session in preparation for the run in. I was delighted to see some were as Prepared as Newts and laughing together and joking together and sitting together and carrying on together. I was happy because a team who plays well together doesn’t just play well together on the park. Having been in dressing rooms and clubs where friction fractures any hope of success, it was encouraging and my initial thoughts were, “These lads are tight and that could be what gets us through”.

Just like some of the unsuccessful SavoyShyBoys when they went home alone on Friday night, everything is in our own hands. Will we be jigging with delight tomorrow or in the corner watching you kiss her and still dancing on our own? I love a jigg about....

Mon the Candy!

MTC! [emoji517][emoji460]️[emoji172][emoji106]

IMG_5399.jpg.fe6a17f3623a5e6bb13587a866024d3d.jpg

52 minutes ago, Kinky Afro said:

Forth beat Neilston 3-2 yesterday so a wee reminder to anyone who thought that we can go there tomorrow and they will roll over. I’ll see you all there.

I bumped into the lads on Friday night. They were out on a team building session in preparation for the run in. I was delighted to see some were as Prepared as Newts and laughing together and joking together and sitting together and carrying on together. I was happy because a team who plays well together doesn’t just play well together on the park. Having been in dressing rooms and clubs where friction fractures any hope of success, it was encouraging and my initial thoughts were, “These lads are tight and that could be what gets us through”.

Just like some of the unsuccessful SavoyShyBoys when they went home alone on Friday night, everything is in our own hands. Will we be jigging with delight tomorrow or in the corner watching you kiss her and still dancing on our own? I love a jigg about....

Mon the Candy!

MTC! emoji517.pngemoji460.pngemoji172.pngemoji106.png

IMG_5399.jpg.fe6a17f3623a5e6bb13587a866024d3d.jpg

Time to hang up the old dancing shoes when a fair maiden in the Savoy says, "Did you no used to go out wae ma maw?".  Anyway the nearest i'll be getting to a lumber will be the wummin in the pie stall at Forth. 

Worth noting Forth are scrapping for every point at the moment. A wee look at the league table shows Forth eyeing up teams like East Kilbride Thistle in the relegation run in. The Candy need to be firing on all cylinders tomorrow night. When the Roch scoring chances come up and they will, they need put away pronto. Onwards to victory.

ps, get the pies oan, missus.

With the season reaching its climax your disco shoes will be definitely very much in demand as if we win our final 3 games then in true ross abbot style we will have a party with a happy atmosphere on the terraces of James McGrory Park and dance our cares away.

To officially end the season we will hold our 1920 SRSC POTY disco and buffet dance in Gordon's Bar were we expect not only the players and staff but members and non members to bring there dancing shoes and boogy the seasons end away ( tickets can be purchased for non members from most 1920 members anytime from now until we sell out for £5 which is cheap at half the price ) .

Whatever way the dancing queen may lead our fate for me it's been another fantastic season following st rochs home and away and i will be first in line when we release our new look season tickets probably in July and I will continue with my role as bus convener to ensure wherever we play and regardless of which division we are in there will be a strong and vocal candy support there to cheer on the team .

5 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Time to hang up the old dancing shoes when a fair maiden in the Savoy says, "Did you no used to go out wae ma maw?".  Anyway the nearest i'll be getting to a lumber will be the wummin in the pie stall at Forth. 

Worth noting Forth are scrapping for every point at the moment. A wee look at the league table shows Forth eyeing up teams like East Kilbride Thistle in the relegation run in. The Candy need to be firing on all cylinders tomorrow night. When the Roch scoring chances come up and they will, they need put away pronto. Onwards to victory.

Whilst Forth will be up for it tomorrow night, EK Thistle will have a got a wee rocket up their arse from Forth getting the points at the weekend. Plenty motivation for them going into their tie with Rossvale. 

Guest svejk
Sometimes it's a male, sometimes it's a female serving in our pie hut, so your casual sexism is misplaced...

10 minutes ago, svejk said:
7 hours ago, Glenconner said:

Sometimes it's a male, sometimes it's a female serving in our pie hut, so your casual sexism is misplaced...

My apologies for any offence caused to Forth Wanderers Junior Football Club.

Guest svejk

No offence taken, we look forward to welcoming St. Roch's and their fans to Kingshill. Still remember January 2014 with the colour, flares and flags, exactly what it's all about.

On 06/05/2018 at 18:51, svejk said:
On 06/05/2018 at 11:19, Glenconner said:

Pies were shite anyway. 

It’s amazing the pictures that words can paint and even more amazing what nice words can do......

The world goes round and round, imposing and grand and marvellous if you look at it. (Refer to picture). Football is cyclical too. Nothing stays the same forever and nice words to me 3 years ago are never forgotten. I saw her last night and thanked her. A wee special woman. At a time when you least expect it, someone somewhere says something and saves you. It can lift you from the darkness and give you light, it can cover you from the cold and give you warmth, it can drag you up and give you hope. Sometimes those words mean nothing to many and feel insignificant to others, but just like football, if you are a sponge for the game and you allow your mind’s canvas to soak up the colour and words and pictures and feelings, then you can still feel nifty at nearly fifty or 98. There is a lot to be said for listening and watching and learning..... but say it quietly. The Candy are on their way and nearly there. Nearly higher than they’ve ever been. It was not forever so however. Hardship and barren times and our club reflecting and mirroring the tough climate in the surrounding area over the decades. There was a time when all was not green in the Candy garden. Let it be said. This has a nifty naissance new spring green shoots feel about it now and the old adage of it always being the darkest just before the dawn is certainly true. With football and life you are never going to stay in the darkness forever. It will stop raining eventually. As things turn, like they are blowing in the wind (refer to picture), the cobwebs come clean away and what is left is a chance.. a chance to grow and a chance to move through your 98 years and 50 shades from a dark and dusty and drab dark green to a vibrant and vivacious and victorious green as the shoots of recovery suddenly grow quicker and begin to flourish. You go on that journey and it is special but you only realise when you get there. We are nearly there and so am I.....

I spoke to a Friendly Forth Face that looked out from the pie stall hatch like a stabled cuddy. His view was rolling hills and undulating greenery bathed in sunshine as far as his eyes could see, 50 shades of green, and that was just the pitch. An end of season savage garden (we always bring the weather with us) bearing the scars and tidal erosion of winter floods and ice fracture. You really are almost as far as you can go when you visit Forth. A quaint wee village adopting an unfortunate climatic position on the edge of a windswept moor which has decimated their home league campaign, prime location though to harness the winds and home to a growing family of 3 pointers (refer to picture). Pie Man tells me he has been there for 40 years in the pie stall and saw the Roch struggle over the years, no fans, average players and little hope. He said he was delighted that it looked like we are on the ascendancy and would be going up and he wished us well. ... nice words. It is amazing what some nice words can do.....He lamented his own side’s inadequacies and those of his stand in Pie Stall Squad who had let the stock run down whilst he was on holiday causing him panics to get supplies in before the hoards of hungry Garngadders descended. His busiest day of the season he commented as I shook his hand after the game. He left to count the coffers and I left with the auld man and via a diversion to collect mini me (dropped off in Fauldhouse earlier at her former school friend’s house) then we headed home with the Cackles of a Celebrating Candy Crowd in our ears and the 3 points (refer to picture) in the bag and looking forward to Thorney Wid on Wednesday.

GoalGuyLogie had more chances last night than a cheating girlfriend. What can you do though? You know she is a good shag and so you keep playing her. He got his customary goal after some good play and cemented a 3 nil and 3 points (refer to picture) performance that whilst nervous at times was never in doubt. Only plus for the MisFiringFaultyForth was the big thighs number 7 who ran and batted and showed heart and commitment sadly lacking at times in his teammates. To be fair they picked up a little second half after turning round 2-0 down but it was the death throws of a sinking team. For the Resurgent Roch there were more composed performances and some good play second half and really we could and should have scored a load. The fans banter was good and several CandySandWedgeFitted finishers were light heartedly berated for missing open goals. The traveling 1920 Bus Candy Crew were in fine voice and as they chanted colourfully and banged the wee shed in rhythm and in tribute to their parents’ ineffective birth control methods, they were told to “calm it doon a bit lads”.... they responded with “We are fae BlackHill no Beverley Hills” and so they were. The Candy Fans are growing in number and in hope and as we get to the crunch end of the season, they have undoubtedly carried the team over the line at times. It would be a great tribute to the travelling hoards and the JMG Park patrons if we can get the job done. Midweek games mean late night come downs and as I sat awake at 1am today looking at an updated league table I calculate that a win on Wednesday takes us up. I reply to a twitter post with this observation only to be swamped with “Whit aboot Wishae?” replies. Other more salient and less slumberous souls are obviously still awake too and working things out better than me. I admit my mistakes and venture up the wooden ascent to the land of my dreams. The Land of Dreams. The Promised Land. Did someone say something? Words paint pictures of promise........ nice words can save you and make you dream......

As the 50 shades of green boarded the 1920 Candy Brake and faded to a ear ringing memory it really isn’t 50 shades of grey. Like my other often tied up and whipped lover it is very much Black and White. I head to the Chelsea game on Sunday and it would be great to know that by then, for both my mistresses, the last game of the season can be watched without nerves and enjoyed for what it should be.. a curtain call in recognition of their achievements this season. Both on the cusp of better things and at the dawn of exciting times that have the fans and myself salivating. You have to get wet in the mouth when you talk about 50 shades... no matter what your colour.

Mon the Candy!

MTC! [emoji517][emoji460]️[emoji172][emoji106]

IMG_5419.thumb.jpg.ceb842348b6aeece0c569be69b64a494.jpgIMG_5410.thumb.jpg.066daddc78bc2b44964cfd39b5f3cab1.jpgIMG_5413.thumb.jpg.128b2ba73677a1245b9dab78a8ccc802.jpg

8th game in 18 days today. Winning 6 out of the 7 so far has left it all in their own hands for promotion. Victory tonight and we are all but there, and another on Monday will put us top of the table for a few days at least. Thorniewood isn't going to know what hit it as the troops arrive tonight. 

Just get it done tonight....would be nice to think that goal difference will matter (personally i dont think it will, Rossvale wont falter vs Port Glasgow imo), so lets keep the eye on the prize.

Promotion is the achievable target for us...but tonight we're almost going up again the unknown as i'd wager a large minority of their squad will be members of the Trialist family. 

Forget Rossvale and forget Wishaw (for now)....work hard, play for each other and keep positive. 3 points!

Just get it done tonight....would be nice to think that goal difference will matter (personally i dont think it will, Rossvale wont falter vs Port Glasgow imo), so lets keep the eye on the prize.
Promotion is the achievable target for us...but tonight we're almost going up again the unknown as i'd wager a large minority of their squad will be members of the Trialist family. 
Forget Rossvale and forget Wishaw (for now)....work hard, play for each other and keep positive. 3 points!
Yip let's focus on what St Rochs need to do.
Tonight we need 3pts more than anything. Would be good to get a some goals but will settle for 1 nil.
Then on to Wishaw.

If you get too far ahead of yourself in football then the only thing certain is that at some point you will run up your own arse. There is a reason why the best teams and managers say they take one game at a time and that the next game is the most important. Focus, work hard and our skill will carry us through I have no doubt. I can’t wait. See you all there.
MTC! [emoji517][emoji172][emoji460]️[emoji460]️

If you get too far ahead of yourself in football then the only thing certain is that at some point you will run up your own arse. There is a reason why the best teams and managers say they take one game at a time and that the next game is the most important. Focus, work hard and our skill will carry us through I have no doubt. I can’t wait. See you all there.

Kinky the Roch will not blow it this time,see you all at Gasworks Park next season and all the very best

Kinky the Roch will not blow it this time,see you all at Gasworks Park next season and all the very best

Archived