St Roch's F.C. 2017-2018

ScottMcCorry

Just to clear things up a little

Nobody squared up to tam

Yes the comments were not helpful especially at 2-0 up and from your own fans but imo I don't think other than questioning the transfer fee and his performances it was much ado about nothing tbh .

I was more disappointed players continued engaging with the fan at full time rather than come over and applude those who had gave up there time and money to back the team .

That's my opinion I'm sure as f**k it won't please everyone hey ho that's life

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who's actually building and paying for it? Is it South Lanarkshire Council, and if so, where are they getting the cash?
Is it a multi sports facility and will both East Kilbride (lowland league) & EK thistle be accommodated?
Pity they didn't build it when money was plentiful and it could have been a new home for Clyde, or perhaps even Third Lanark?
Third Lanark were killed off by a greedy supporter on a power trip.

Wasn't at the game but heard the better team won, but the ref ruined it?
3 red cards but not 1 bad tackle.
Refs at this level are honking imo.
We had an absoulte donkey up lochee aswell....and these guys are meant to be the future....what chance we got.
But congrats on a deserved win. See you's at yours.

We had an absoulte donkey up lochee aswell....and these guys are meant to be the future....what chance we got.
The 2 EK reds from what I could see were for using offensive, insulting or abusive language and /Or gestures. Players who wish to try and challenge a refs decisions and get angry about them regardless if the ref is correct or incorrect run the risk of receiving a straight red card.
The ref was nit picking and didn't let the game flow.
Was not a dirty game at all just a good old fashioned game of football with 2 hungry teams wanting the 3 points.

The first half was very poor fare indeed and not much in the game at that stage .
Second half st rochs game out the blocks quicker and deservedly went on to win the game .
I thought the ref as absolutely awful
The reds the 1st for two yellows was the correct decision.
The other two seemed to have an eliment of farce about them
Refs are like too many in junior football absolutely precious and can't seem to take on the chin a couple of comments or swear words it's a man's game and industrial language is hardly the crime of the century and surely common sense and a bit of balls should prevail .
In saying that I thought your keeper should have gone at the candy penalty for stopping a goal scoring opportunity.
Very disappointed not to have visted the show ground but hopefully it's one I will get to visit in the future

It's in the rules. Yes some take it on the chin at this level and other are to the letter of the law. For me don't risk it.
Keeper got what was in the rules as he made an attempt to get the ball.
Penalty and yellow card for bring the player down. But could and should have received another for his reaction to the player he brought down.

On the park St rochs were deserved winners. As a neutral I actually feel for the majority of roch fans who just go to support there team. I arrived approx 5/10 mins late Parked my car and was greeted by a roch fan who was just pissing in the car park - and I mean right in the middle of the car park. Not a good start lol. Got in and it was a healthy crowd by EK standards(helped by a big travelling support) . First half wasn’t great . Second half started and roch came out flying. And deservedly won the match. Half way through the second half there was an argument between number 6 and someone called digger - I think it was because the fan thought 6 was shite basically . It went on for a good couple of minutes with near enough every roch fan shouting shut up digger and even the red haired cb shouted over to him to shut up and even the boy who got subbed and was in the stand shouted. But I presume this guy must help the club or something as everyone knew him was just a bit surreal that the game kind of stopped for longer than it should have. Roch  have the players to go and win that league I have no doubts as they prob along with Wishaw are the 2 strongest teams I have saw in the league. All the best.

On the park St rochs were deserved winners. As a neutral I actually feel for the majority of roch fans who just go to support there team. I arrived approx 5/10 mins late Parked my car and was greeted by a roch fan who was just pissing in the car park - and I mean right in the middle of the car park. Not a good start lol. Got in and it was a healthy crowd by EK standards(helped by a big travelling support) . First half wasn’t great . Second half started and roch came out flying. And deservedly won the match. Half way through the second half there was an argument between number 6 and someone called digger - I think it was because the fan thought 6 was shite basically . It went on for a good couple of minutes with near enough every roch fan shouting shut up digger and even the red haired cb shouted over to him to shut up and even the boy who got subbed and was in the stand shouted. But I presume this guy must help the club or something as everyone knew him was just a bit surreal that the game kind of stopped for longer than it should have. Roch  have the players to go and win that league I have no doubts as they prob along with Wishaw are the 2 strongest teams I have saw in the league. All the best.
A very fair assessment of the day

Who's actually building and paying for it? Is it South Lanarkshire Council, and if so, where are they getting the cash?
Is it a multi sports facility and will both East Kilbride (lowland league) & EK thistle be accommodated?
Pity they didn't build it when money was plentiful and it could have been a new home for Clyde, or perhaps even Third Lanark?

Ekfc lowland ground was built by east kilbride community trust and new ground will also be funded by the trust. Nothing to do with council.

6 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

Ekfc lowland ground was built by east kilbride community trust and new ground will also be funded by the trust. Nothing to do with council.

Yup,and kudos to the folk who have persevered in what has been a long and,at times,uphill struggle.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/local-news/east-kilbride-field-dreams-football-11559163

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly, congratulations to Glasgow Perthshire on a fine win today at Keppoch Park and for getting the game on when other games were off.

As for St Roch's that must be one of if not the poorest displays in the last few years. What seemed like 75 minutes of the game was spent in the St Roch's half. A couple of shots on goal and two corners seemed about right. And of course a player sent off in the dying minutes. Take it was for dissent to the referee. Saddest part of all was off the park. The Candy must have a 100 punters there including international visitors and what was served up was a team of shadows wearing green jerseys that drifted right out the game. Hopefully that was a one off bad day at the office.

2 hours ago, lang said:

Think ur bubble has maybe burst?

I'm forever blowing bubbles

Pretty bubbles in the air

They fly so high, nearly reach the sky

Then like my dreams they fade and die

Fortune's always hiding

I've looked everywhere

I'm forever blowing bubbles

Pretty bubbles in the air

Archived