St Roch's F.C. 2017-2018

ScottMcCorry

13 minutes ago, Harry's Corner said:

Heard the St Rochs have a terrible rep with other teams that they play in their league. Any truth in the matter as Talbot prepare to meet you guys?

Would not think so - you would need to ask them ..... 

We get on well with most clubs, there is a bit of added rivalry with one or two teams but nothing of note 

A couple of whereabouts are sure to follow but in the main we have good relationships with other teams 

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Harry's Corner said:

Heard the St Rochs have a terrible rep with other teams that they play in their league. Any truth in the matter as Talbot prepare to meet you guys?

In my admittedly limited experience there seems to be a Internet based contingent with a chip on their shoulder about St Roch. I've read some stuff on this forum that has supposedly happened at their games that, having been at the games in question,  has been dramatically embellished or completely made up. Suppose you just need to judge for yourself but I don't think you need to worry about marauding hordes. 

likewise from Shanner. A few of folk i spoke to and some junior neutral fans have commented on that the players and fans have acted in a way they they considered bad sportsmanship. Heard you have a reputation of a club full of hardmen
There is a continent in the society of junior football who hate our club for what we are, by that I mean a club formed by the local Catholic parish. St Rochs welcome everyone regardless of colour or creed.
Each and every club has let's say an unsavoury element (especially fuelled by alcohol.) It just how to try and control that element.
We have players who play hard but fair. Yes folk may not like it but that the way some player all over the game play.
I personally am looking forward to our trip to Beechwood. I hear yous have a large and passionate following. Our following may not be as large but I think we are equally as passionate.

St Rochs fans are fantastic

I don't believe we have an unsavoury eliment or had fans who show bad sportsmanship

What you find when we come down to beechwood is a large Colourful and passionate support who enjoy some good craic and a laugh.

People who slate the candy usually have a hidden agenda and you would need to ask them why a little old team from the garngad gets under there skin so much .

Pie and bovril was once described to me by a wise old fox as an argument in the pub with a drunk guy

It does not matter how much you reason with them there minds and opinions won't change .

That was borne out earlier this season when a Rossvale fan came on here and accused us of kicking down a fence and steaming in over the turnstiles .

Every man and his dug came on here to give there two bobs worth and slate the fans and the club but the reality was we NEVER even entered the ground to watch the match never mind steam the turnstiles so view us like a blank canvas look forward to meeting passionate fans like yourself and enjoy a good cup tie rather than listening to the sweetie wife's and begrudgers on here .

2 hours ago, griffiti on the wall said:

St Rochs fans are fantastic

I don't believe we have an unsavoury eliment or had fans who show bad sportsmanship

What you find when we come down to beechwood is a large Colourful and passionate support who enjoy some good craic and a laugh.

People who slate the candy usually have a hidden agenda and you would need to ask them why a little old team from the garngad gets under there skin so much .

Have a word with your fans that if they want to come into the seated stand then sit down or stand at the area at the top. Your last visit we had three or four (one we could excuse because if the railing wasn't there then he would have rolled onto the pitch) who were repeatedly asked to sit down as they were restricting other peoples view. Apart from that welcome to Beechwood.

39 minutes ago, griffiti on the wall said:

Can't imagine any of us other than the old boys will be in the seated area .
Never been to beechwood before is there a traditional away end ?

The game probably won't be segregated so you can stand anywhere. Two good enclosures so if its raining plenty of cover. The stand is seated and is 50p entry.

7 hours ago, Harry's Corner said:

Yeah all the other teams in the league hate it when we bring the biggest away support in the league to their ground and boost their coffers. 

What a great wee catch up reading this!! [emoji23] I never fail to be impressed by the Passions and Positives and Pish of junior football fans. One man’s truth is another man’s rumours. One man’s banter is another man’s abuse. One guy standing up and blocking a view requires a general warning too all to behave!! Don’t you just love cup games when you come up against the unknown from another league? I think this is a magnificent tie and it is sure to be a spectacle and attract a large colourful vocal passionate and knowledgeable crowd. We know a decent team and a decent club when we see it and we are big enough to call it as it is. Some who watch us see through tinted glasses unfortunately but who can control that? Most who see us though are fair and balanced and we are what we are. I have no issue with anyone having an opinion.... just judge as you find, say what you see and just sit back and enjoy and embrace the challenge and spectacle of the Candy rolling into your town. The best team will surely win and that may be us and it may be you but I’m sure it will be a game not to be missed. I can’t wait...
eeka peeka Mon the Candy! [emoji517][emoji172][emoji460]️[emoji106]

What a great wee catch up reading this!! [emoji23] I never fail to be impressed by the Passions and Positives and Pish of junior football fans. One man’s truth is another man’s rumours. One man’s banter is another man’s abuse. One guy standing up and blocking a view requires a general warning too all to behave!! Don’t you just love cup games when you come up against the unknown from another league? I think this is a magnificent tie and it is sure to be a spectacle and attract a large colourful vocal passionate and knowledgeable crowd. We know a decent team and a decent club when we see it and we are big enough to call it as it is. Some who watch us see through tinted glasses unfortunately but who can control that? Most who see us though are fair and balanced and we are what we are. I have no issue with anyone having an opinion.... just judge as you find, say what you see and just sit back and enjoy and embrace the challenge and spectacle of the Candy rolling into your town. The best team will surely win and that may be us and it may be you but I’m sure it will be a game not to be missed. I can’t wait...
eeka peeka Mon the Candy! [emoji517][emoji172][emoji460]️[emoji106]
Totally agree KA but can't be too careful with these Glasgow teams[emoji12]

On 11/01/2018 at 14:12, Harry's Corner said:

I heard the Candy have a fantastic rep with all the work they do in their community. 

Why all these negative vibes man. 

Well Saturday came and at the crack of dawn I was ready and prepared to catch the 1920 SRSC to Uddingston to see candy v thorniewood but the best laid plans came unstuck when just as the referee drove into the thorniewood car park Uddingston was hit by an unsuspecting artic iceblast rendering the pitch unplayable.

A decision was to be made either back to bed to catch up on some much needed beauty sleep or face a day shopping for ladies shoes with the Mrs that decision was never made as while in mid deliberation I heard a beep checked the message and it read like beautiful poetry

PETERSHILL @ JMP .

So now Saturday morning had became derby day ( the battle of the north ) time for a quick cuppa then jump 2 buses and reach the theatre of dreams in time to help out on gate and get the flag of war up in its usual postion to welcome our rivals to the home of the rightful king's of the north .

The weather took a turn for the worse and conditions became horrible and the pitch very heavy as became very clear that winter was not only coming but had firmly arrived in the north east of Glasgow.

The first half saw peasy show why they are a top super league one side as they bossed the match and created the better of the chances and controlled the tempo of the match but we managed to get in at half time level thanks mainly to the aptly named John stark who kept the house of peasy at bay .

The second half was far better from the candy as they managed to get a foothold in the game and only some poor finishing and bad luck stopped the house of candy taking victory in the 2018 battle of the north.

Both sides retreated back to the warmth of the dressing room happy in the knowledge that neither had lost the battle and hostilities would be resumed on another day between now and august.

Overall from a candy viewpoint it was a good run out against tough opposition and the gaffer would have been delighted to have seen the return of his captain ( Carter ) , naismith, Danny and tj from injury and saw them come through in a game where no quarter was asked or given .

Thanks must be given to both clubs for arranging the game at such short notice and giving the fans there candy fix for the week.

d790dd4320379a9224441c4f69235597.jpg

Archived