St Roch's F.C. 2017-2018

ScottMcCorry

I noticed on Twitter that the ref handed out a fair few cards. Was it a dirty game ? 

Honestly and truthfully, we (St Roch’s) really need to knock these bookings for dissent on the head. However, I’ve been saying that for a couple of years...so I’m definitely no holding my breath.

Frustrating to say the least.

It wasn’t a dirty game imo, an any bookings for tackles were deserved.

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I noticed on Twitter that the ref handed out a fair few cards. Was it a dirty game ? 

The ref was rather zealous with the cards yesterday, but like Scott said , I didn’t find it a dirty game just a hard game. Both sides gave and got the same

I think the ray of light regarding the indiscipline of team was that we never got anyone sent off yesterday and that allowed us to continue working hard and gave us a platform to go and win the game .
Too often this season we have had players sent off or even 2 sent off so it was a relief to keep 11 on the pitch especially when the game was going against us .

Yesterday was a funny old game as they say
1st half we lacked probably everything you could mention needed to win a football match but second half was an improvement and the team never gave up and were rewarded with all 3 pts for there efforts .
At 3-4 bens missed an absolute sitter from some horrific defending which would have sealed the game for them and bens themselves probably need to ask themselves how they never saw the game out
2-4 they were in easy street but soon as it went 3-4 they started to get edgy and stopped doing everything good they had done up until that stage and once we equalised then there was only ever gonna be one winner it was just a case of could we create one last chance before the ref blew for full time and thankfully we did .
We need to stop giving away cheap goals and making games hard for ourselves but on the other hand the team deserve great credit for a never say attitude .
3 pts is 3 pts regardless and was a big win yesterday as we cut the gap on the top two so roll on thorniewood away next Saturday

On 17 September 2017 at 09:55, ScottMcCorry said:

Unfortunately, we, more specifically, the Port Glasgow team, were victims of a theft.

Frustratingly it seems we have been victims of an opportunity theft. We usually have a steward on the doors to dressing rooms to allow players quick entry and exit, but he was on holiday...and we have maybe been a bit blasé about security due to no incidents of this nature on match days.

Phones, wallets, cards and money were stolen.

Unfortunately there are elements of all communities and societies that let us all down, like our numerous break ins over the years.

However, action was taken by the Port lads themselves along with members of St Roch's players, supporters club and committee, and all phones and cards were recovered...I'm led to believe that all monies have been reimbursed.

So a satisfactory end for a very un-savoury, embarrassing and dangerous incident.

The club will be making changes this week to ensure this cannot happen again.

Our sincerest apologies to all at Port Glasgow.

Heard a whisper the dressing room robber appeared in Glasgow Sherriff Court this morning. 

4 minutes ago, Rochstar1920 said:
16 minutes ago, Glenconner said:
Heard a whisper the dressing room robber appeared in Glasgow Sherriff Court this morning. 

Any whisper to if he was found guilty or not and what punishment he got if found guilty.

Nothing yet but the address given was the other end of the city.

On 08/01/2018 at 14:58, Glenconner said:

Nothing yet but the address given was the other end of the city.

Just a few short months after carrying out a crime that would have embarrassed Woody Allen ( and that saw him needing a change of underwear after being tracked to his lair ), Ryan (rat boy) Richardson is pictured indicating to the assembled press that when it comes to Dumb and Dumber antics,he's still number one.  

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/tea-leaf-caught-red-handed-11820224

Just a few short months after carrying out a crime that would have embarrassed Woody Allen ( and that saw him needing a change of underwear after being tracked to his lair ), Ryan (rat boy) Richardson is pictured indicating to the assembled press that when it comes to Dumb and Dumber antics,he's still number one.  
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/tea-leaf-caught-red-handed-11820224
I am sure I heard someone saying that when they were up at the house in springburn that the neighbours said he had only just moved up and he wouldn't be there much longer. Must have moved back to his stomping ground. He will end up with community service.

3 hours ago, ScottMcCorry said:

Highlights from the match vs Benburb

Fair play Scott, you do some job with the Candy Media.

You should get a medal for working 50ft above the pitch on an open gantry in minus 5 conditions.

One of the best places to take in a game of junior football. I took in the cup game vs Newmains and was a great atmosphere! Absolutely loved it, fans were a credit to the club! Then to applaud the Newmains GK off at the end for his efforts was a class act, great day out and can’t wait for my next trip to take in another spectacle

One of the best places to take in a game of junior football. I took in the cup game vs Newmains and was a great atmosphere! Absolutely loved it, fans were a credit to the club! Then to applaud the Newmains GK off at the end for his efforts was a class act, great day out and can’t wait for my next trip to take in another spectacle
You missed a great game on Saturday there.

Archived