St Roch's F.C. 2017-2018

ScottMcCorry

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Shanner said:

get it posted!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/watch-furious-players-track-down-11191816

I watched this on someone's phone at a fitba match yesterday. The accompanying story was that when rat boy heard the troops at his door the window was opened as a means of escape and that the phones were lobbed when he realised that he was going nowhere.

Looks like it's gonny be all downhill for this nae brains,nae bottle laughing stock from here on in. :)

The Galloway St bandit's arse must have collapsed when he saw a posse turning up at his door.

Absolutely. His bum would have been twitching like a rabbits nostril. Good thinking of the player that had "find my phone" app and the lowlife was quickly rounded up by the posse who were even going to help him down the ladder ????
And no doubt glad when the polis arrived to save him from falling out that window.

Wishaw 5 : St Roch’s 1
That was rough to take and I was only on the side.
St Roch’s terrible
Wishaw brilliant
Wishaw clinical
St Roch’s missing chances
Goalkeeping great
Goalkeeping bad

All of that mixed up culininated in an embarrassing result.

Dunno how I feel about it yet....

Wishaw 5 : St Roch’s 1
That was rough to take and I was only on the side.
St Roch’s terrible
Wishaw brilliant
Wishaw clinical
St Roch’s missing chances
Goalkeeping great
Goalkeeping bad

All of that mixed up culininated in an embarrassing result.

Dunno how I feel about it yet....

Very hard to take. Hopefully just a wee blip.

At the home game last week somebody asked 'who are we playing next week' and when Wishaw were mentioned you could here folk thinking 'well that's 3 points lost then'. Maybe somebody could point us in the direction of a sports psychologist or maybe a shaman. Anybody or anything that can get us by the roundabout at Craigneuk without the Candy's football boots turning to lead.  

Out of all the regulars who follow St Roch's home and away i don't know anyone who thought the result yesterday would be anything other than a doing.

I shall declare my non attendance early doors in the spirit of balance and GlasNost (The Glaswegian equivalent of the similarly monikered Russian trait). What a sickener to read and as I managed to switch the phone on yesterday afternoon and Twitter Tweet I saw "Goal.. Daw (pen) 4-1" I prayed for a second that Oor Man in Wishae the Candy Correspndant Scott had faux pas'd and inverted the scores. I should have known (I did actually but it was the desperate last hope of a drowning man) a man of Scott's class and journalistic integrity wouldn't do that. You know what you'll get from Scott.... you don't know unfortunately what the Candy will produce by the sounds of it.....

I'm not sure I buy that we were always going to lose at Wishaw. It's 11 vs 11 and they are Wishaw not WorldBeaters. It might have to do with Wishaw playing better than us do you not think? By some reports it was. There is no disgrace in defeat if you do yourself justice and get beaten by a better team, again, I have heard differently. I heard from a home and away regular fan who told me in no uncertain terms what happened through the prism of his Candy Cloudedness. It wasn't difficult to believe as the things I heard confirmed some of my thoughts albeit formed by limited game time this season and my enforced sparse attendance. I was at Cambuslang when we were a million miles away, I heard we might have been further away against Petershill and in another Candy Cosmos yesterday. Like Scott said above, I don't know how to take it. I think I'll need to see some more however I fear that I'm not as far away from reality in my judgement as the Candy were from a proud performance yesterday. It isn't a nice feeling and I feel down by association. We built up so much and I worry. I worry like some of the fans that our attempts to improve haven't worked. I worry that things will implode. I worry that the momentum will judder to a stall. I worry that some people don't either care or have the ability or have the self control or moral compass or just plain old sense to huckle down and fight the good fight. Better men than me will no doubt have tried and by the looks of my own eyes and the words told to me by others who saw, it hasn't worked. The world is full of good players who could play good and who played at a good level. It takes more than the playing ability to become a great player. Is good enough good enough for you??

I'll see my love soon as I have missed her. I know she does my head in, and I know I psss her off too, she often really annoys and frustrates me and falls out with me and I sometimes allow my eyes to wander and wonder of life munching on some greener grass.... but what can you do when you Love your team?? You take the bad and reason it against the Belief of Better and the Hope in your Head of more good times and a long and happy future together. Some talk of the P word.. some talk of the D word.... Promotion or Divorce? It may be for some but I'll stick to the L word. Love isn't easy but who can live without it, I ask in all honesty, without a song or a dance of delight what are we? So I thank the Candy for their music and giving it to me.

Mon the Candy!
MTC![emoji172][emoji460]️[emoji106]

The morning after the day before

While the ears and ears of the world were firmly fixed on events in the south side of Glasgow ( the Glasgow derby not the Pollok boiler gate affair ) I made my way along the east end to catch the 1920 to Wishaw to see an unbeaten candy taken on our arch nemesis where I had never saw a candy win.

The day started so well as being a suspertious fool I saw 2 magpies as I passed the gas works and promptly saluted , one for sorrow two for joy the old saying goes so that was it victory in the bag and the 100% record in safely in the bag till next week .

But sadly football matches are not won by two magpies on the gas works wall but by 11-14 men giving blood sweat and tears for the jersey and the cause or indeed simply just doing your job and doing it well .

The first half was a cagey affair and the teams only separated by a fine strike from a Wishaw free kick tho our wall looked like it had built by a drunk brickie who had enjoyed his September weekend celebrations far too much .

As for the second half well when you fold like a cheap deck of cards and stop doing your job and lose your shape and discipline at any level you will be punished and we were punished.

It's safe to say I'm glad I won't have to return to Wishaw anytime soon as it's a place I genuinely hate not the locals or the football club( everyone at the club treated the away support well yesterday and were very hospitable ) no its just the fact we are sent home time and time again with a well skelpted arse for having the cheek to try and return home with all 3 pts.

So in reflexion it hurt as hell yesterday but I have every faith in the management team to rectify the situation and in the players to bounce back to winning ways starting on Saturday v Shotts.

Never a dull moment on the candy rollercoster soaring highs crashing lows best of times the worse of times but that my friends is the joy of being a fitba fan

Absolutely jimmy the team showed heart and character today bouncing back from losing that early goal .
I thought the second half when we got the ball down we managed to play round them and created enough chances to be deserved winners in the end .
Very strong and physical side Shotts and I'm convinced the baw had frost bite at half time lol

Archived