St Roch's F.C. 2017-2018

ScottMcCorry

1 minute ago, Shanner said:

If that's true then it's undeniably terrible, but the way a couple of posters are all but saying (with barely contained glee) that St Roch were in somehow involved as a club in theft from an opponent betrays the grubby wee agenda they clearly harbor against them.  

The point scoring seems to be just as pathetically opportunistic as the alleged theft would have been. 

Where in my post did I claim St Rochs were involved?? Nowhere! simply pointing out that this is the club who have tried to tell Rossvale how to run there own facility all week and can't keep there own house in order.

I'm glad you feel the need to get involved and defend them about accusations that are in your head though. 

• Replies 942
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately, we, more specifically, the Port Glasgow team, were victims of a theft.

Frustratingly it seems we have been victims of an opportunity theft. We usually have a steward on the doors to dressing rooms to allow players quick entry and exit, but he was on holiday...and we have maybe been a bit blasé about security due to no incidents of this nature on match days.

Phones, wallets, cards and money were stolen.

Unfortunately there are elements of all communities and societies that let us all down, like our numerous break ins over the years.

However, action was taken by the Port lads themselves along with members of St Roch's players, supporters club and committee, and all phones and cards were recovered...I'm led to believe that all monies have been reimbursed.

So a satisfactory end for a very un-savoury, embarrassing and dangerous incident.

The club will be making changes this week to ensure this cannot happen again.

Our sincerest apologies to all at Port Glasgow.

Unfortunately, we, more specifically, the Port Glasgow team, were victims of a theft.
Frustratingly it seems we have been victims of an opportunity theft. We usually have a steward on the doors to dressing rooms to allow players quick entry and exit, but he was on holiday...and we have maybe been a bit blasé about security due to no incidents of this nature on match days.
Phones, wallets, cards and money were stolen.
Unfortunately there are elements of all communities and societies that let us all down, like our numerous break ins over the years.
However, action was taken by the Port lads themselves along with members of St Roch's players, supporters club and committee, and all phones and cards were recovered...I'm led to believe that all monies have been reimbursed.
So a satisfactory end for a very un-savoury, embarrassing and dangerous incident.
The club will be making changes this week to ensure this cannot happen again.
Our sincerest apologies to all at Port Glasgow.

And might I add that the person who carried this out is now in custody.
Also the port lads were superb. Understandably angry but when they seen that our supporters players and committee done what we could to help locate the person they were so appreciative and couldn't have been any nicer about it all.
I reiterate Scott's apology.
We will not be so blasé about our match day security from now on.

Not really much to add to what has already been covered .
All items traced and recovered and monies replaced .
The culprit was traced outwith the community thanks to an iPhone find my phone tracker .
All credit to the candy players and the forza candy who instead of washing there hands of the incident joined the posse to go to the rats door and ensured everything was returned
The money which was missing was reimbursed by the club and the 1920 supporters group

17 minutes ago, Graffiti on the wall said:

The culprit was traced outwith the community thanks to an iPhone find my phone tracker .
All credit to the candy players and the forza candy who instead of washing there hands of the incident joined the posse to go to the rats door and ensured everything was returned
The money which was missing was reimbursed by the club and the 1920 supporters group

The guy sounds like an absolute stoater who deserves whatever comes his way. 

Very good of the club to cover the money but absolutely depressing that they've had to.  Hopefully it wasn't too much. 

I'm personally ( just as everyone connected to our club fans players management and backroom staff and committee are ) gutted about yesterday's events as at times it feels like your smashing your head against a brick wall.

We as a club strive to ensure we can offer the best match day experience possible and yesterday was a prime example of how all your good work can be unraveled by the actions of one rat who sees opportunity in our hospitality.

Yesterday we also ran the homeless charity see the invisibles shoes drive in conjunction with the bigger drive at Celtic park and we had a family give up there Saturday to run the merchandise stall and also had the pleasure of meeting a fantastic young man who is the homeless blogger and who enjoyed himself so much he left as a season ticket holder and with a seat on our bus to wishaw on Saturday while I personally spent a fantastic half an hour chatting to a man who came to the match with his wife from Motherwell to sample JMP for the first time

These are the type of things that we should have been talking but due to some b*****d robbing the away dressing room all that good work and kindness by people is lost in the glee and it feels celebration of some to put the boot into the club again .

We suffered a similar fate last season when we planned our Easter party for some of the kids in one of the most deprived areas in Scotland and some b*****d broke into the club and wiped us out thankfully like yesterday candy folk stepped up to the mark and ensured the party went ahead .

some folk on here clearly hate us and would relish our demise but to them I say " we ain't going anywhere anytime soon ".

In fact yesterday now makes us more determined to ensure everyone that passes through our gates be it fans players officials or committee from home away or naturals have a great time and enjoy the hospitality this great football club has to offer .

Very good of the club to cover the money but absolutely depressing that they've had to.  Hopefully it wasn't too much. 

He was just a rat that appeared at our ground on the rob that's something you can't really stop other than to make sure next time they flee empty handed .
The supporters group felt that it was the least we could do to help reimburse the money .

3 figure sum which is a lot of money in anyone's language , and was for example twice the amount that the merchandise stall took in so a kick in the haw maws to St Rochs as well financially but as a previous poster stated we have a lot to answer for [emoji26][emoji26][emoji26] Hopefully his house is never burgled , wonder if he'd think he had a lot to answer for if that happened...

4 hours ago, Graffiti on the wall said:

Just watched a video taken by one of the posse who helped to track the culprit down.Seems he tried to escape by exiting via a windae but was easily apprehended before some summary justice was administered. :)

Kudos to all involved in the recovery of the stolen items.

10 minutes ago, tommyboy said:

Just watched a video taken by one of the posse who helped to track the culprit down.Seems he tried to escape by exiting via a windae but was easily apprehended before some summary justice was administered. :)

Shame the thieving lowlife scumbag

OMG... security at football grounds even at the highest level in this country is lax to say the least. The amount of people who are milling about outside changing rooms and indeed inside dressing rooms at various times on a match day, many of whom have never been seen before or are known to only a few if anyone, has always surprised me. I've been one of those people before and there is an expectation that people are decent and honest. Even the old Sunday league "everyone stick your valuables in the bag" and then keeping it with you outside is better than most pro clubs. An absolute disgrace that there are people who would do this but sadly it isn't a total surprise. I would be gutted if this happened to me and to hear the PG players took it well I heartening. I'm also not surprised that some people are having a go... and who can blame them. The club have obviously slipped up and need to put procedures in place to ensure it doesn't happen again and by the sounds of things they will. Sometimes it takes something to happen to resharpen your focus. Apologies have been given but it does somehow leave you feeling sullied as a decent fan and I wasn't even there even though my season ticket is paid up.

On the pitch it was great to see the lads get another 3 points. I heard Musa's header was great and I look forward to seeing it almost as much as the Rat Catchers huckling that thieving fk ... unless that is the scummy rat stole Scott's camera?... sorry, no place for frivolity.....

A good day blighted. Don't let the bstds grind you down.

Your correct kinky but the saddest part is it's something I don't even think about I leave my bag sitting unattended beside the flags every game cos when you enter through the turnstiles it's your time to switch off from the realities of life and get lost in the magic of football for a couple of hrs
Crime and criminality are left outside on the mean streets and that kind of stuff can't enter our bubble or so we thought that's what makes it so sad when you realise that your bubble is not immune from the darker side of life .

The Candy have been plagued with sneak thieves inside and out for as long as i can remember. From guys turning up in the dead of night with bolt cutters to dodgy committee men who were quietly shown the door. I'll not even go into the social club story of decades past. The latest robbery is slightly more unique in that it happened within a few yards of whole group of Candy stalwarts, me included. Which means he walked right through us with his haul. I'd also say the deed was done early in the second half for the obvious reason the alert could/might/would  have been raised at halftime. The equivalent would be somebody robbing your house when you had your entire family and friends over for Christmas dinner. 

Is there any blame to be handed out.

Afraid so, outwith the playing staff/management/catering staff/merchandise folk/gate men/raffle sellers/DJ and Scott with his camera the rest of us (me included) took our eyes of the ball with this one. If somebody takes a holiday or has a match day off then those of us who are regulars and fit and able, should be ready to step in.  If what i'm hearing is correct there's plans afoot to extend the facilities, so even more reason to be on our guard.

"Am no on the committee" is no longer an option.

Btw, massive massive apology to the Port Glasgow folk.

2 hours ago, tommyboy said:

get it posted!

To be fair although it highlights security issues in the changing rooms many a team would have called police and that was that so to go above and beyond recover goods and re-imburse the people who where robbed out their own pocket ,you cant do any more than that 

Hopefully some local swift justice was applied and let everybody know if he is around again he will get another boot in the balls 

To be fair although it highlights security issues in the changing rooms many a team would have called police and that was that so to go above and beyond recover goods and re-imburse the people who where robbed out their own pocket ,you cant do any more than that 
Hopefully some local swift justice was applied and let everybody know if he is around again he will get another boot in the balls 

I do t think he will be back. He is not from the immediate local area and he actually called the police himself as a squad showed up at his door. They quickly arrested him once they had all the information. It is only right to reimburse the lads from port glasgow as it happened on our watch.

Archived